What's new

Putin approved the sale of C-400 to China

Don't live in wonderland.
Just look at chinese space program and come here

I'm not saying China is a backward nation ,as a matter of fact it is one of the most advanced nations out there but they are behind the West technology wise and even Russia.Anyway,China's rise is a certain fact by now and I think they will be the hegemon in East,South-East Asia in the near future.

sound good, even American can learn more!
so what, we get the money to make even better weapons why else you think these s400 will only be sold until 2016? We will sell s400 as latest branded technology in 2016 so every fool will jump in, and then bring 2 years later a new version while your product will be labeled as an outdated s400 copy. Americans wont sell theirs because new weapons have a ban on exports even if are soviet copies

S-500 (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not saying China is a backward nation ,as a matter of fact it is one of the most advanced nations out there but they are behind the West technology wise and even Russia.Anyway,China's rise is a certain fact by now and I think they will be the hegemon in East,South-East Asia in the near future.

Ya west means ura and eu

Usa is a genuine leader but EU is a declining force having traction as a union.seperate the countries and they are pygmies compared to chinese.

Only germany,france and to a lesser extent uk have good economy going on,rest have a bleek future

Russia will sell export version. export version=monkey model. Google monkey model.

how about we sell it to japan and taiwan too so you can learn some more

Try it I dont think you will succeed

China doesn't have anything close to the S-400.They will have in some years when the russians have S-500 and so on.Always a step behind,thst's what you get when you copy and don't innovate.Tough luck.

The russians won't sell.They're up to date with chinese shenanigans.

we wont lose sleep without C-400
are you going to have a heart attack if the russians really sell us the missiles?

Last edited:
we wont lose sleep without C-400
are you going to have a heart attack if the russians really sell us the missiles?

Yes.My life would be over.

Ya west means ura and eu

Usa is a genuine leader but EU is a declining force having traction as a union.seperate the countries and they are pygmies compared to chinese.

Only germany,france and to a lesser extent uk have good economy going on,rest have a bleek future

Not really.The smaller EE experience growth while the bigger Western ones are just ending recession and it's not like thay have 2k per capita GDP,they can weather the storm from a 20-40 k per capita GDP .And i don't think they should or that they are in competition with China ,at least not the EU.We can happily work with them and respect Chinese position as the leading Asian nation.

so what, we get the money to make even better weapons why else you think these s400 will only be sold until 2016? We will sell s400 as latest branded technology in 2016 so every fool will jump in, and then bring 2 years later a new version while your product will be labeled as an outdated s400 copy. Americans wont sell theirs because new weapons have a ban on exports even if are soviet copies

S-500 (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With all due respect China now has S-400 equivalent technology and is unlikely to want to buy in anything but very small numbers.

If the S-500 was offered, then the Chinese may be interested.

With all due respect China now has S-400 equivalent technology and is unlikely to want to buy in anything but very small numbers.

If the S-500 was offered, then the Chinese may be interested.

like they are able to to copy it in the first place, chinas s300 copy only looks like our s300. We dont know if it really is equal to an original s300.
By your logic china should also be able to produce by now the most recent boeing and airbus planes and the latest cars from porsche because they can buy them.

Russia can buy everything what europeans are producing unlike china whos embargoed by the eu, euro fighter or jaguar tanks all could be bought by russia if we wanted. And europeans of course are free to buy russian weapons if they want. But neither is buying except for the mistral deal, because at least for russia i can tell we dont need their western technology because ours is equal if not better than what eu countries have to offer.

It seems china is the only one feeling uncomfortable with his stuff its producing

like they are able to to copy it in the first place, chinas s300 copy only looks like our s300. We dont know if it really is equal to an original s300.
By your logic china should also be able to produce by now the most recent boeing and airbus planes and the latest cars from porsche because they can buy them.

Russia can buy everything what europeans are producing unlike china whos embargoed by the eu, euro fighter or jaguar tanks all could be bought by russia if we wanted. And europeans of course are free to buy russian weapons if they want. But neither is buying except for the mistral deal, because at least for russia i can tell we dont need their western technology because ours is equal if not better than what eu countries have to offer.

It seems china is the only one feeling uncomfortable with his stuff its producing

Dude, making SAM systems is not as complex as making airliners.

If you do not understand the difference then no point carrying on.

Don't get defensive just because China is rapidly catching up with Russia. In the long run China will beat and overtake Russia in all areas.

Dude, making SAM systems is not as complex as making airliners.

If you do not understand the difference then no point carrying on.

Don't get defensive just because China is rapidly catching up with Russia. In the long run China will beat and overtake Russia in all areas.
china is overtaking in all areas because they have massive population, in gdp per capita and anything measured to their population its less productive than northern states.

So what? They also reported other sales that turned out to be wholly untrue.

The russians won't sell.They're up to date with chinese shenanigans.

The Chinese won't buy. Which is why the Russian media is all worked up on it.

China doesn't have anything close to the S-400.They will have in some years when the russians have S-500 and so on.Always a step behind,thst's what you get when you copy and don't innovate.Tough luck.

Bullshit. The Chinese have tested the HQ-19 which is close to the THAAD, while their HQ-29 and HQ-26 are to be deployed in the coming years. Heck, they are even building new versions of their HQ-9 which they are now planning to export.

Agreed.That doesn't change what i've said,they'll always be a step behind the innovators.

False. What China is doing is to learn what they can from various weapons in order to see what they can apply to their own designs. That is very different from traditional copying as it benefits their domestic learning and allows them to compare notes with countries that are ultimately different in engineering practices. That is a critical part of the learning curve for any corporation. The result is that China would have the benefits of their own research as well as their study of foreign designs, which allows them to choose the best from each and eventually transpose such design practices across platforms.

That is exactly what the United States did during its growing years and that is exactly what allowed them to reach the status they have today.

Last edited:
They don't have the know how and they continue to copy.As i've said always a step behind,it's their destiny because this is the road they've embarked upon no matter how much they will spend.It may bother you but it's reality.

There is a difference between copying and form following function. That is why the Russians, despite their rhetoric about suing China over alleged copyright infringements, never succeeded in doing so.

You,I and others can't change this.The know how is in the West,they have years ahead and it ain't no catching up.China will be content with what it has,it's beyond them to have more.

Is that why the United States are deploying most of its forces in the Pacific and why their military white papers are urging a massive shift in United States technological research in response to Chinese development?

Russia lost a decade 90-2000 and that takes a heavy toll on them.China lost 100 years.

Sure, but the Chinese managed to get back up and excel the Russians despite having forgone significantly more potential growth. That doesn't help your argument.

Fortunately i don't care what some people think ,the truth will always bother some.Huh? Chiina has 1.3 billion people,they have a long way just to be Germany.

Ah, the classic strategy of endorsing one's argument with the pretense of being the "truth" whenever that argument holds no water.

Supposedly satellite killer,just as that AC killer missile.

Uh, no. The Chinese didn't "exaggerate" it. The Americans "exaggerated" it. Just like how they "exaggerated" the Chinese HGV test as well as their midcourse interception test.

At least their "exaggeration" is one based on information, unlike Russia's sales pitch on their ever-popular Su-35.

so the chinese must be happy with 2nd tier technology.It is enough for them .

Yes, so "happy" that the Chinese didn't even bother to buy it, which is why Russian media is crying over it and concocting up these unrealistic reports to soothe their ego.

Technology is a behemoth of a term and cannot be taken as a single entity. Each and every country excels in its own aspect of "technology", and it would be extremely inappropriate to say that one nation can be behind in simply "technology". There are many aspects of technology, both civilian and military, in which the Chinese excel at relative to the rest of the world, and vice versa as well.

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom