What's new

Russia “capable and willing” to help India achieve self reliance in defence

I am still awaiting India's response to both offers from Russia and the US.

The Chanakyan's that we are - I don't think we are going to hear anything from the Indian side. :D

Russia has no interest in helping India become self-sufficient in defence production.

If the Indians can get technology out of Russia, then good on them!

And how do you think - Russia deserves to return to Olympus?

Do you think that you dont deserve?Ok be pessimistic.You have all factors to become superpower(military,nuclear,roscomos(space technology),lone energy superpower)except a strong economy,so you must hardwork in the next 20-30 years to create strong economy.And crowning of Eurasian union will be joining of Ukraine,so work on that issues.

Hello to you!

The basic assumptions that lots of foreigners make is that Indians care about taking sides. The only side we are on is our own. Not American, not Russian, not French, not Israeli. If there is any benefit we get for furthering ourselves we will do it. But, assuming that we will load all our eggs in the Russian basket, is not Indian foreign policy is about.

As far as China goes, our policy issue is with the over whelming support provided to Pakistan. The Indian elephant today is bound by the governmental shackles and ridiculous decision making. What we lack is a manufacturing base. If the next government is able to trigger this, you will see a country growing at fast rates. Coupled with good relations globally, it will go on to be one of the biggest economies in the next 20 years. But, then this being India it may take 30 years.

Lets summarize,You want to be neutral but one side (Russia) help India in 1971,sell high tech to India,support India.Other side see India as a pawn,they backed Pakistan in 1971,they want India as a Trojan horse "gifted" to China.They work to destabilize India economy.They dont want India strong.

Mate you have 1 billion and 200 million people,incredible potential,great minds,your first priority would be to stop Indian huge brain drain and you will become great power for sure,but you believe in American oiliness.

You would probably ask me:"Who you are to tell me what my country needs to do" but I have experience in my own.

Do you think that you dont deserve?Ok be pessimistic.You have all factors to become superpower(military,nuclear,roscomos(space technology),lone energy superpower)except a strong economy,so you must hardwork in the next 20-30 years to create strong economy.And crowning of Eurasian union will be joining of Ukraine,so work on that issues.

I do not doubt even for a moment that the fate of Russia - to be a superpower right up to those happy days when mankind will be united and will colonize space.
I'm just very interested in the opinion of people of other nationalities. Many hates Russia, but even they admit that unipolarity - evil and we need a counterweight to USA.

Lets summarize,You want to be neutral but one side (Russia) help India in 1971,sell high tech to India,support India.Other side see India as a pawn,they backed Pakistan in 1971,they want India as a Trojan horse "gifted" to China.They work to destabilize India economy.They dont want India strong.

Mate you have 1 billion and 200 million people,incredible potential,great minds,your first priority would be to stop Indian huge brain drain and you will become great power for sure,but you believe in American oiliness.

You would probably ask me:"Who you are to tell me what my country needs to do" but I have experience in my own.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion. And so are you :) Again, you mis-understand Indian policy. Indian policy is not neutral. Neither is it pro anybody else. It is pro-India. So we co-operate a lot for example with China on climate control. We co-operate with Russia and France on a lot of matters. We co-operate with the US when it is beneficial to us and when it does not, we don't.
We talk with Israel on lot of matters and so too with Iran. We do not believe, that the US is a fair weather friend. But, we also do not expect Russia to give India preference over China. For a primer of Indian policy, in case you have time. Now, you may call it American oiliness. I may, call it playing for your side. Semantics.

As for the brain drain, for the past few years there have been people who are coming back. And, I do not see it as a problem. The answer has 2 points.

1. These are the same people who have re-invested in India. They have also built goodwill in the countries they have been to.

2. The talent pool in India is not 'only' Indians who have left its shores. There are quite a few people who have stayed back and made it what it is today. And these include the who's who of the business, technology and arts.

Having said all of the above, there are only 3 countries India gives preferential treatment. Russia, France and Israel. That should tell you something :)

I hope, what I am saying helps you in understanding nutty Indians!

Last edited by a moderator:

DejanSRB,you are wasting time with the USA worshippers.A lot of young indians who think being americanized is Hip. This is also trend in Moscow and metropolitans of Russia too.

DejanSRB,you are wasting time with the USA worshippers.A lot of young indians who think being americanized is Hip. This is also trend in Moscow and metropolitans of Russia too.

Absolutely agree my friend,but sooner or later they will realize there is nothing more important then a smell of their own country.

Maybe in Russia,but not so much in India.

I really dont understand how great nations dont want to work for their country.
India may have bright future,if my dear Serbia have a potential like India I would work all day long to make my country beautifull and proud and strong too,but our options are limited becouse pessimistic state of mind,corruption,nepotism,but I will do anything to be better.

I really dont understand how great nations dont want to work for their country.
India may have bright future,if my dear Serbia have a potential like India I would work all day long to make my country beautifull and proud and strong too,but our options are limited becouse pessimistic state of mind,corruption,nepotism,but I will do anything to be better.
India too suffers from this and on a much massive scale.And there are allegations that our top politicans are on payroll of CIA

Target Goa : Congress erupts after Sudarshan calls Sonia a CIA agent who plotted assassinations of Indira and Rajiv

http://aangirfan.blogspot.in/2010/11/sonia-gandhi-and-manmohan-singh-of-cia.html

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom