What's new

Russia backs Pakistan's SCO bid, willing to boost ties | Sergey Lavrov

2 questions:

1- When Russians are supoirting and Chinese are supporting, why aren't you joining already?

2- SCO is a economic- military alliance which equally demands stuff from you as it would give you. What are you planning to offer them?

Russia can access IOR from Iranians via their 'stans. The silk route goes through their 'stans again, and your forces are barely able to handle TTP how can PA take a collective responsibility of sending troops to any troubled SCO region? Can it?

I think there is chance of Isi or pro-us pakistani general doing coup.

I think there is chance of Isi or pro-us pakistani general doing coup.
They already rule Pakistan and Sharif asking the PA chief permission to come to India was the biggest evidence.

There's no need for a coup.

They already rule Pakistan and Sharif asking the PA chief permission to come to India was the biggest evidence.

As of now,I think its more of a power sharing agreement b/w civilian and military. But look at what happened in Ukraine where there was power sharing b/w oiligarchs and political parties. CIA can bribe ISI or military to something similiar. CIA needs manpower for destabilising Central Asia and pakistan is the best source for such manpower in my opinion. That is why Russia and China are moving fast to bring Pakistan into SCO. At least then Pakistan will be controlled under SCO and the jihadi appartus can be neutered. Already jihadi appartus in Waziristan is being used by CIA in Syria,against pakistan . Seriously ,at this point ,I would prefer that China rule pakistan .At least they will make this islamist pit of hell a secular state and get economic development done. Under US influence ,look where Pakistan ended up .Like Saudi Arabia types.

This thread isn't really about this, but about $1billion/yr of non-military US aid goes to help Pakistani civilians directly. I wish this was not a State-secret, maybe our ties between common citizens would be stronger.

Actually there is a strong program on electronic media about providing positive exposure to US aid being spent in Pakistan. There is a hotline advertised for reporting any misuse of US aid funds. As USA withdraws from Afghanistan and engages Pakistan more positively, there is bound to be a positive change in image of USA. In the '80s USA was a highly admired country in Pakistan. That time may not come again, but at least as Pakistan develops its democratic setup fewer and fewer complains would be made about USA. Mostly people in Pakistan do not realize the complexities of decision-making in Washington. It is too much to expect common people to see issues from a US perspective.

Pressler amendment, embargoes, use of Pakistan to attack Afghanistan, the massive blow-back, and the drone campaign along with Pakistani establishment's policy choices have all contributed to mutual bad feelings. I hope it clears. I love USA when it is not busy invading other countries.

yea sure you must have heard it when you went out in the open to smell the air of fresh poop

Well the Mi-35 which used to be praised by the Indian members , a few years ago as the unique versatile helicopter combining massive firepower and troop carrying capacity , the deadly lethal gunship , meanest machine , God's gift to gunships e.t.c.

But suddenly now that Pakistan has done a deal to acquire these Mi-35 with the Kremlin , they despite the old ones being upgraded and modernized versions ordered by the Russians and still one of the best gunships that money can acquire , it is .

Russian junk , worthless piece of crap .
Obsolete , vintage , outdated , yesterday's tech , forty-years old design .
The Mig-21 of today .
Only good for pounding " rag tag " militants .
.303 in the age of machine gun .
Sword against the rifle .

The complete list can be seen here ( India raises concern over Russian attack copter sale to Pakistan )

You were right about the Midas touch , mate !

That permission exists only in Indian collective imagination. You are saying this just to feel good. With a major offensive planned and ready to be executed, there is all the reason in the world for a meeting between COAS and PM. For any indirect messages, Shahbaz Sharif is one of the conduits. There is a lot more finesse in Civil-military relations in Pakistan than your crude view.

Pressler amendment, embargoes, use of Pakistan to attack Afghanistan, the massive blow-back, and the drone campaign along with Pakistani establishment's policy choices have all contributed to mutual bad feelings. I hope it clears. I love USA when it is not busy invading other countries.

I agree with basically everything you wrote. I just think that if the general public was told what compensation they received in return for the ISAF supply routes through their territory, and the truth regarding the drone program, that would soften the view at least a little bit. The main reference I use to form this opinion is reading the posts of Pakistani members, who either do not acknowledge such programs, or are unaware. As is always the case, I could be wrong though!

As of now,I think its more of a power sharing agreement b/w civilian and military. But look at what happened in Ukraine where there was power sharing b/w oiligarchs and political parties. CIA can bribe ISI or military to something similiar. CIA needs manpower for destabilising Central Asia and pakistan is the best source for such manpower in my opinion. That is why Russia and China are moving fast to bring Pakistan into SCO. At least then Pakistan will be controlled under SCO and the jihadi appartus can be neutered. Already jihadi appartus in Waziristan is being used by CIA in Syria,against pakistan . Seriously ,at this point ,I would prefer that China rule pakistan .At least they will make this islamist pit of hell a secular state and get economic development done. Under US influence ,look where Pakistan ended up .Like Saudi Arabia types.

Interesting points but the choice of words could be improved. I can not say that I fault USA for its choices, but Pakistan should chart an independent course.

CIA is not a totally independent entity. It is answerable to branches of US government. If Americans have learned from past, they would take care how CIA is put to use. The whole Iran-USA dynamic was poisoned by CIA.

So, the assertion that CIA is using Jihadist networks is a faulty premise in my opinion. If anything, Americans by arresting Hakimullah Mehsud's deputy during his meeting with Afghan intelligence did much to target TTP. In that Afghanistan and India probably have more links with TTP (your jihadists) than CIA.

Well sorry to break it to you bud, but Indians are busy spreading terrorism in Pakistan & unstable Pakistan is Indian interest. India is trying to become US of the region, which of course is not possible. You should stop dreaming & come in to the real world, which is Indians supporting terrorism against Pakistan & illegal water war against Pakistan.
Ahem Ahem ... firstly ya, this is your mess which u supported
secondly, you have been supporting terrorism in India since early 90's .. give me a break

On topic, Nice to see pakistan joining active ranks in SCO. will SCO have an active army like NATO ?

On topic, Nice to see pakistan joining active ranks in SCO. will SCO have an active army like NATO ?

Most likely not. I see no chance of it. SCO would be about diplomacy and economic cooperation than military cooperation. There could perhaps be some disaster relief type mechanisms, but the states belonging to SCO are not sufficiently aligned to have full-blown military cooperation like NATO. Why would Pakistan be a part of it, for example?

Most likely not. I see no chance of it. SCO would be about diplomacy and economic cooperation than military cooperation. There could perhaps be some disaster relief type mechanisms, but the states belonging to SCO are not sufficiently aligned to have full-blown military cooperation like NATO. Why would Pakistan be a part of it, for example?
SCO was basically built on idea of multipolarity, but its objective were both economic and regional stability

Its hightime asia has an alliance, middle easter and west asian countries need a helping hand in stability, their conflicts are growing, which gives a free hand for west to interfere

Interesting points but the choice of words could be improved. I can not say that I fault USA for its choices, but Pakistan should chart an independent course.

CIA is not a totally independent entity. It is answerable to branches of US government. If Americans have learned from past, they would take care how CIA is put to use. The whole Iran-USA dynamic was poisoned by CIA.

So, the assertion that CIA is using Jihadist networks is a faulty premise in my opinion. If anything, Americans by arresting Hakimullah Mehsud's deputy during his meeting with Afghan intelligence did much to target TTP. In that Afghanistan and India probably have more links with TTP (your jihadists) than CIA.

CIA loves to play both sides of the game. I will conclude my statement here.

does pakistan needs anyone's backing for joining sco? arent china and pakistan friends, china will happily take pakistan in that bloc

does pakistan needs anyone's backing for joining sco? arent china and pakistan friends, china will happily take pakistan in that bloc

There were reservations from Russia.But looking at the US actions in Ukraine ,Russia seems to think its being set up for civil war,insurgencies and hence it is trying to rein in pakistan. China and SCO would rein in pakistan.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom