What's new

Rupee plunges to 143.5 in open market

Very glad to head that, consider me your neighbour.

I am no expert but conventional wisdom dictates that any deficit in the current account has to be bridged via the capital account. Exports and remittances aren't going to change any time soon, holds true for all emerging economies in this part of the world. FDI is the route you are obviously going to take. Or else, you got to do what you have been doing all these years.

you are right. it has to be bridged via the capital account. that is where "roaming around the world to borrow dollars" shows up lol

if you ask me I think the government is focusing on the right things as far as promoting exports and FDI is concerned. but only time will tell...

you are right. it has to be bridged via the capital account. that is where "roaming around the world to borrow dollars" shows up lol

if you ask me I think the government is focusing on the right things as far as promoting exports and FDI is concerned. but only time will tell...
Touche, sir.

Baat itni si hai kei abi tak Umar konsei reforms lei kar aya hai jo exports barhae aur FDI lei kar aei? He hasn't done anything significant and that's the most worrying part for me.

i think he has done few things for exports which are worth appreciating:
1) decreasing energy prices to regional levels
2) letting rupee devalue
3) promissory notes against refunds to help ease financial constraints
4) decreasing duties on raw material imports

all this is costly stuff. but it was much needed and he did not shy away from this!

the govt has also made a lot of noise on ease of doing business. but I dont know much except few things. if they have done anything substantial it will show up in ease of doing business rankings by the end of this year.

there is much else we can criticise the govt for but i think these are some good steps which have been forgotten in the political noise.

My guess is enemy is pumping counterfeited currency into your economy.

Even we faced the similar problem when Modi took charge and Indian Rupee devalued.

It is mirroring the state of your economy.

Nothing that should be surprising to a member that follows the economic situation in Pakistan.
Sweetheart, how about u stick to Indian topics, ur obsession is getting annoying.

chalo koi nahi
kamazkam PM to handsome hai na
economy gai bhaar me
Is that how I spell kamazkam? Isnt there an S in there?

Pakistan is trapped in viscous circle. Some harsh action and smart politician and economist is required to bring Pakistan out of this. I don't see PKR devaluation stoping in near future.

Only govt is not responsible for this mess. Why ppl are so much into imported maal?

Pakistan have no other quick option but to reduce the imports. While work very hard to increase exports.

Back
Top Bottom