What's new

Rupee plunges to 143.5 in open market

Hoping Pakistan can push some exports, but this was on the way regardless. IK wasn't responsible for the factors that led to this disaster, but he is responsible for the response and the structural problems with the Pakistani economy are going to make it hard. He will need to push exports to the GCC countries and China hard to start getting exports on the rise. The way the US supply chain works I don't think Pakistani factories will be able to export there right now.

Sari electronics ki cheezei fridge, ac, tv, ps4 waghera phr mobiles, games, headphones... so much stuff. Agar aap ko masla ni hai tou iska matlab ni hai kei sab ko naei hai. Imported stuff is really needed. Koei quality pakistani company ni hai jo yeh kuch de sakei.

Why can't 220 million Pakistanis manufacture simple electronic equipments such as tv, ac, head phones or mobile phone? Further, these are not neccesseties like medicine, so no need to import it, heck Pakistanis even love imported clothes.

The fact that the Pak rupee is falling at this time is definitely not a coincidence, especially since the FATF is coming back next month. Combined with the losses Pakistan suffered during its airspace closure, this past month has been tough for Pakistan economically.

This current fall is needed to meet the requirements of the IMF to get a bailout. Once that is decided, then the PKR will stabilize for a while before resuming is downward basic trend of about 10% fall in value every year, averaged over the long term.

This current fall is needed to meet the requirements of the IMF to get a bailout. Once that is decided, then the PKR will stabilize for a while before resuming is downward basic trend of about 10% fall in value every year, averaged over the long term.

Hahahah it never have stabilized it never will after taking IMF money, they themselves won't allow that. PKR never revalued since 1994 either it stabilized or devalued . Show these dreams to yourself.
IMF is a bastard that will make sure your economy goes back several years and the recovery time is smll befor eyou go back to them again. Laanat on Ghaddar ki aulaad Asad Uamr and ch**** Imran Khan

Why can't 220 million Pakistanis manufacture simple electronic equipments such as tv, ac, head phones or mobile phone?
Out of 220m people only 60m people are employed which also includes labours. Not everyone has the capital to start business and provide quality products.

So this decline isn't necessarily Pakistan's fault. Most major economies are facing it, and like analysts predicted when Trump declared his global trade wars, poorer countries would be the hardest hit, and rich countries would suffer as well. Turkey's recession, KSA recent economic woes, and even Europe's and China's current anxiety over their regional economies are a direct result of the trade war.

Even us Canadians have had to suffer from a decline in value of the loonie against rhe greenback.

can't argue logically with PTI fanboys so........
so I'll just say "you are right"

You seem to be more educated on economic matter than me. But still let me please try to argue logically on this.

So would you rather that PTI Gov keeps the PKR artificially high against USD? You do realize that exchange rate manipulation is a costly business esp for a country like Pakistan.

Sari electronics ki cheezei fridge, ac, tv, ps4 waghera phr mobiles, games, headphones... so much stuff. Agar aap ko masla ni hai tou iska matlab ni hai kei sab ko naei hai. Imported stuff is really needed. Koei quality pakistani company ni hai jo yeh kuch de sakei.

Other than Fridge, rest listed are not necessaries and poor can't afford any of it anyways.

I recall the 80s when even buying a VCR was a huge deal and here we are everyone is trapped in consumerism making necessaries out of things that shouldn't be!

You seem to be more educated on economic matter than me. But still let me please try to argue logically on this.

So would you rather that PTI Gov keeps the PKR artificially high against USD? You do realize that exchange rate manipulation is a costly business esp for a country like Pakistan.
how about increasing the pays of the citizens of Pakistan so they everyone doesn't go under the poverty line and are forced to move into shelter homes?

Back
Top Bottom