What's new

Rupee plunges to 143.5 in open market

Why don't Pakistan govt put a price ban on life saving medicines ??
Why don't Pakistan allow generic medicines and show middle finger to international agreement for protecting patents related to medicines.

India have done it and we are enjoying the benefits of economical treatment.
Generic medicine do not show middle finger to potecting patents.. it respects them.. After patents expire.. it generics companies provide a cheap alternative solution for drugs that not patented anymore and reduces the price. But your point is correct that Generics is the answer.

However a lot of life saving drugs are within their patent period.

The way to tackle that is to use the demand of your country to negotiate a better price and in pakistan's case, may be align with China to tap into their contracts? However, a lot of these life saving medicines will still not reduce their prices, as there simply are no alternatives

Generic medicine do not show middle finger to potecting patents.. it respects them.. After patents expire.. it generics companies provide a cheap alternative solution for drugs that not patented anymore and reduces the price. But your point is correct that Generics is the answer.

However a lot of life saving drugs are within their patent period.

The way to tackle that is to use the demand of your country to negotiate a better price and in pakistan's case, may be align with China to tap into their contracts? However, a lot of these life saving medicines will still not reduce their prices, as there simply are no alternatives
My bad, really sorry for posting with out complete information.
Regards.

Selling PIA is not selling the country. Selling PIA is cutting one's losses and getting out of a business that is an opening for political corruption. The same is true of every other point I made.

Who owns British Airways? Who owns Air France? Who owns KLM? Who owns Lufthansa? Who owns Arcelor/Mittal? Who owns Tata? Government should govern. Private industry should stay private. When BA needs to layoff people they do it. They don't have to go to parliament to get permission. Angela Merkel cant induct 500 useless party workers into Lufthansa. Modi doesn't get to use jaguars for free.

what part of no dont you understand

Is that a problem or a priority for Pakistan? In my country though it has varied implications an issue we should probably discuss someday.
My information was not completely correct. But I was commenting on their problem of costly medicines only.
Sliding currency is a result of increasing imports in comparison to exports.
They have to think about it and in a sense we should also think about it.

My information was not completely correct. But I was commenting on their problem of costly medicines only.
Sliding currency is a result of increasing imports in comparison to exports.
They have to think about it and in a sense we should also think about it.
Depreciating rupee has hit Pakistan hard in areas where there is no import substitution. Consider a self sustaining concocted cocoon, that is the Pakistan we know of, everything else is alien give or take.

Selling PIA is not selling the country. Selling PIA is cutting one's losses and getting out of a business that is an opening for political corruption. The same is true of every other point I made.

Who owns British Airways? Who owns Air France? Who owns KLM? Who owns Lufthansa? Who owns Arcelor/Mittal? Who owns Tata? Government should govern. Private industry should stay private. When BA needs to layoff people they do it. They don't have to go to parliament to get permission. Angela Merkel cant induct 500 useless party workers into Lufthansa. Modi doesn't get to use jaguars for free.

keep it up bugsy...........

No matter how courageous you are, that is not going to decrease your life.
And no matter how much fear you have, that is not going to increase your life.

may the eyes of the coward never sleep

Predicting 160-200 by the end of the year if no intervention.
They won't and they can't
They lack dollars to keep their currency stable..

I am no economist but their currency woes seem big. Imran has an uphill task to do

Not sure about that, but sure unemployment in India is all time high in 40 years. You guys are rocking.

Lol I am amazed to see Indians coming out of caves after massive humiliation at the military front where they lost two fighter Jets one of them believed to be Sukhoi at the hands of PAF, this was in response to Indian incursion earlier where they left payload in haste in open fields when faced with timely and effective response from Pakistan Air Force.

Proof?
screen-shot-2019-02-27-at-10.png
Euphoria won't feed you stomach...

As we getting close to IMF deal the rupee value will continue to drop. :(
@BHarwana

IMF bailouts demand structural overhaul of the economy. Is Pakistan ready for that?

Depriciation is only a part of it. Is Imran Khan's welfare state ready yet to embrace fiscal prudence? Make large scale changes in tax administration. And above all, are you willing to eliminate price controls and tariff barriers?

I understand that your country hates the USA to the core, how then will you accomodate IMF's demands while simultaneously resisting America's ingress.
No problem
Imran Khan can take an U turn and blame the problem on previous governments....

Oh boy, you should see what he has promised before getting elected...

"Naya Pakistan Purane /Bhayanak Pareshan "

Please Note - I created this tagline.. all credits to me:chilli:@Cobra Arbok

As you know that Pakistan's foreign reserves were really low when the new government took charge standing at (around 6-7bn USD),now they are at 18bn USD, due to help from friendly countries and we are not dependent on IMF bailout package anymore but still we need a small and final package of 4-6bn USD,according to Asad Umer and PM this will be last package so even if inflation increases and rupee devalues further, we can still manage because it will be like the last surgery and after this we won't need any bailout packages hopefully InshAllah !
In medical field to control a problem we use something called " source control "

Unless you control the main cause of problem the same condition repeats again and again...

I don't want to demean pakistan current economy , looking at current issues a small bailout doesn't seem sufficient in long run

Why not sell all of pakistan as a big chunk..instead of selling small parts every 6 months..
This way the price will be good..
But.... thats wht has been goining on since 47.....if our army didnt accomodated this snake... zardari/ nawaz... we would have been a very developed and prosporus country by now...
But our generals dont want this..
Past is past
Every one had a fair share in the current mess

This was bound to happen not PTIs fault however we hope next elections Imran khan wont make so tall claims .. reality is different than calling everyone a chor dako

Why don't Pakistan govt put a price ban on life saving medicines ??
Why don't Pakistan allow generic medicines and show middle finger to international agreement for protecting patents related to medicines.

India have done it and we are enjoying the benefits of economical treatment.
Possible to some personal extent when u have your own manufacturing base

It will be ok... Yeh in haramion ki waja sa he ho raha ha... Khan is not wasting any money on any projects... There was CAP on dollar rate now cap has been removed.. Now Rs will increase or decrease depending upon economy.. Just like happening in all developing countries.. Good luck PTI we are all with u... Inshallah we are on right path

need to realise that rupee is loosing its value because we have large current account deficit. there is nothing which the government can do to stop this from happening. the only way the government can stop this is if they start using their reserves to protect the currency. but this is again not possible in the current environment when we are roaming around the world to borrow dollars so we can maintain adequate reserves.

what we should be asking is if the government is doing enough to promote exports, attract FDI and facilitate remittances. we can agree/disagree on this point. but to criticise the government for falling rupee when we were already running large current account deficits doesnt make sense.

I am a surgeon
Very glad to head that, consider me your neighbour.

need to realise that rupee is loosing its value because we have large current account deficit. there is nothing which the government can do to stop this from happening. the only way the government can stop this is if they start using their reserves to protect the currency. but this is again not possible in the current environment when we are roaming around the world to borrow dollars so we can maintain adequate reserves.

what we should be asking is if the government is doing enough to promote exports, attract FDI and facilitate remittances. we can agree/disagree on this point. but to criticise the government for falling rupee when we were already running large current account deficits doesnt make sense.
I am no expert but conventional wisdom dictates that any deficit in the current account has to be bridged via the capital account. Exports and remittances aren't going to change any time soon, holds true for all emerging economies in this part of the world. FDI is the route you are obviously going to take. Or else, you got to do what you have been doing all these years.

Baat itni si hai kei abi tak Umar konsei reforms lei kar aya hai jo exports barhae aur FDI lei kar aei? He hasn't done anything significant and that's the most worrying part for me.

Back
Top Bottom