What's new

Run for your life: Persecution of Shias and Ahmadis in Pakistan

Ahmedis are blasphemers of the Prophet (pbuh) and their persecution should be encouraged.

Shias are misguided, owing to their belief that the 3 caliphs were usurpers. However, they are still our Muslim brothers and throughout history they have been allowed to perform pilgrimage. Thus the thought that Shias are non-muslims have no basis whatsoever.

are you in the position to determine who is guided and who is misguided?

Ahmedis are blasphemers of the Prophet (pbuh) and their persecution should be encouraged.

Shias are misguided, owing to their belief that the 3 caliphs were usurpers. However, they are still our Muslim brothers and throughout history they have been allowed to perform pilgrimage. Thus the thought that Shias are non-muslims have no basis whatsoever.

This is not the point, the point is Islam forbids killing innocents regardless of their believes. We should all admit that extremists and haters exist in all places, I have just read yesterday about a shea teacher in Bahrain forced a student (kid) to kiss her feet because his name is Omar, I got angry, but when I read the comments on this unfortunate report, most of them refused to stereotype this on all Shea. The same thing Shea should do, this is not our religion at all.

are you in the position to determine who is guided and who is misguided?

Yes, anyone who declares the prophet (pbuh)'s closest companions, who were also the 3 caliphs and promised Paradise as Usurpers is casting a massive "No Confidence" vote on the Prophet itself.

This is not the point, the point is Islam forbids killing innocents regardless of their believes.

Please correct this phase. This phase is true in case of any other religion like Christians, Buddhist etc. However, if someone considers Mirza Gulam Ahmed as the Prophet of Allah, then it is equivalent to "spreading serious fasad in Islam". In such situations, persecution is permitted.

Yes, anyone who declares the prophet (pbuh)'s closest companions, who were also the 3 caliphs and promised Paradise as Usurpers is casting a massive "No Confidence" vote on the Prophet itself.

Please correct this phase. This phase is true in case of any other religion like Christians, Buddhist etc. However, if someone considers Mirza Gulam Ahmed as the Prophet of Allah, then it is equivalent to "spreading serious fasad in Islam". In such situations, persecution is permitted.
Loool, I didn't know your such an extremest:lol: . Anyway, I don't know much about Ahmadis, but shouldn't we guide them to the right path rather than prescute them?

Loool, I didn't know your such an extremest:lol: . Anyway, I don't know much about Ahmadis, but shouldn't we guide them to the right path rather than prescute them?

Can you tell how common Muslims think about Druze in Middle East. I read, they too are not considered Muslims in middle east.

Can you tell how common Muslims think about Druze in Middle East. I read, they too are not considered Muslims in middle east.

No, they are not considered Muslims, but they live in peace among us in Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon. They even have representatives in the Parliament in Syria and Lebanon.

in which country "killing in the name of religion has been legalized......." ?

Please stop trolling
The word "legalized" should have been in inverted commas......BUT the lines below indicate a situation no less dangerous....

"In Pakistan one’s religious faith, or lack of one, has become sufficient to warrant execution and murder. The killers do their job fearlessly and frequently..."
"Pakistan’s state apparatus, for all its tanks and guns, offers no protection to those deemed as religious minorities..."

Pakistan does not have a Shia Sunni problem. Pakistan has a terrorism problem by some religious zealots who are exploited by the enemies of Pakistan sometimes. Majority of Pakistanis do not support these Ignorant Sunnis who kill Shias in religions name. I am a Sunni and I would be glad to send a Sunni zealot trying to kill a Shia in the name of religion, to hell. Pakistani Shias are fiercely patriotic citizens and i would be honored to stand with them as a Patriot to defend them from Sunni extremist nuts.

The same goes for the Ahmedis. They Have always been Patriotic Pakistanis and it is Shameful and a disgrace for Pakistani Sunni Extremist Nuts to go after them. Even if you don't believe they are true Muslims, there is no justification to kill them. I say that as a practicing Sunni Muslim.

Say's so someone flying the flag of an Atheist ( Kafir ) Nation of former Soviet Union.

Get a life Comrade.

There is a concerted campaign going on to divide muslims into shia and sunnis. People in Pakistan dont even care about sectarian divide. This terrorism has been going on for more than decade now but the common people are not at each other's throats. Its the targeted killing of prominent people of one sect or the other or attacks on mosques that creates the impression of sectarian rift in the country. On the ground there is no such thing. This terrorism is only restricted to a bunch of groups. And they have not been successful to provoke the people in general or incite violence in the masses.
What surprises me is the recent interest of western media in reporting this and the west's desire to lump this with 'human rights violations' which is their favorite beating stick. Now Iran is predominantly shia, Pakistan is a mix and so is Afghanistan. Who gets to benefit from this divide and making it pronounced, its anybody's guess.

Anyone who believes that the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) wasn't the last Messenger of God is not a Muslim, however i don't think that is a green light to persecute him/her., its their belief and only God is to decide their fate.

In the end i leave it to God, such sensitive issues i mostly avoid.

There is a concerted campaign going on to divide muslims into shia and sunnis. People in Pakistan dont even care about sectarian divide. This terrorism has been going on for more than decade now but the common people are not at each other's throats. Its the targeted killing of prominent people of one sect or the other or attacks on mosques that creates the impression of sectarian rift in the country. On the ground there is no such thing.
What surprises me is the recent interest of western media in reporting this and the west's desire to lump this with 'human rights violations' which is their favorite beating stick. Now Iran is predominantly shia, Pakistan is a mix and so is Afghanistan. Who gets to benefit from this divide and making it pronounced, its anybody's guess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom