What's new

Rumors: Pakistan to acquire five C-130J Super Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.
No DSCA notification, no honey !!!!!!! This is not going to happen.

Yes, the most recent buyer is India, which already crash one and next buyer is New Zealand

I already posted earlier that there is no official confirmation any where so we have to wait. Having said this, there is little to doubt O.P and other credible news informers here.

Its okay. Full litany of what is coming (that can be revealed and a lot more is going on than this that is better left unsaid):

1. Z-10 special Pak version
2. J-15 special Pak version
3. Non Chinese helicopters
4. VT-4 Tank
5. wheeled SPH
6. AH-1Z
7. F-16s (this is tricky, can be stopped in the last minute so don't ban me if this doesn't happen like @Khafee)
.... more...
The biggest news are not tangible products but parts and cooperation. And I think a lot more is brewing in India... they may get a deal of the century from the Americans and assorted monkeys.
Seems practical list of items but what you meant by Non Chinese helicopters ?
Any attach option or utility option ?
For attach can be russian and for utility italy are likely options

:omghaha:

How many AH1Zs have been ordered?
Two different information exits with 12 and 15 for orders of zulus, but one thing is confirmed 12 were manufactured and stored.

I already posted earlier that there is no official confirmation any where so we have to wait. Having said this, there is little to doubt O.P and other credible news informers here.
mera bhai tu cheetah ha PDF ka naraz kyun hota ha ... lolzz

Good time to buy some mint condition EDAs left over from the Afghan theater. Or just get the TTA to send over some goodies(they're a free country now, doubt they'll listen).
5 are brand spanking new IA. 4 that will come in the next few months IA, are also -30 J's but EDA.

Will the bible preachin WASP evangelists in Congress approve it??
Those are still being negotiated. On the Hercs, Contract signed.

Heavy Atak is gonna be a gem for Pakistan I'm sure.
Unless the US is going to approve releasing the Zulus soon, it is driving Pakistan to Consider the Z-10ME if the T-129 is out of the picture. Could be a blessing in disguise as Turkey will be forced to develop its engine technology and Pakistan can come back to them when they have the ATAK-2 Heavy Attack Helicopter ready. Are the Zulus approved under CSF?

Wouldn't Mi35 be better since it can drop them in and provide CAS at the same time. Idk not an expert tho.
UH-1Y Venoms for the SSG

Its okay. Full litany of what is coming (that can be revealed and a lot more is going on than this that is better left unsaid):

1. Z-10 special Pak version
2. J-15 special Pak version
3. Non Chinese helicopters
4. VT-4 Tank
5. wheeled SPH
6. AH-1Z
7. F-16s (this is tricky, can be stopped in the last minute so don't ban me if this doesn't happen like @Khafee)
.... more...
The biggest news are not tangible products but parts and cooperation. And I think a lot more is brewing in India... they may get a deal of the century from the Americans and assorted monkeys.

Bold part

J15?? Really??

Bold part

J15?? Really??
Yes what's wrong in it? Sami ibrahim said in his Vlog many months back when Bajwa and IK visited China about J series pilots are already under training these were sami words. J15 shark is copy of Ukrainian Su33 not from Russia so theior intellectual rights are not applicable

Last edited:
Alright.

This is going to be a long post. I've tried to answer all the questions in this thread that were directed towards me.

I understand that Pakistan has suffered too many blowbacks in the past 10 years in terms of military equipment being canceled, embargoed, or delayed. It was mainly because there was no work being done in the domain of foreign affairs, defense and a rift existed between civil-military leadership which did not settle well with the major players such as the US, UK, and EU. The past 2 years have been very good for Pakistan in terms of diplomacy and civil-military alignment. For the first time, there is no looming threat of martial law on the horizon. Otherwise, events such as Salala attack and dawk leaks presented an opportunity for such adventures.

Having said that, PAF has been trying to acquire C-130's for the past 2 years. The February 2019 military deployment was carried out smoothly but it did expose us to many learnings that called for a requirement of an additional C-130 capacity squadron in the center (multan). The current epidemic also presented an opportunity to learn and exposed us to such learnings when our C-130's had to carry out multiple flights overseas with risks of break downs. Training is another major concern where current C-130's are sometimes used carefully due to their age.

As for this news. Yes, there has been no talk of it on the internet. No DSCA notifications. Nothing.

But, there has been a talk on command and tactical level of C-130's arriving 'soon' and hence a pilot shortage is expected. This news got out when pilots were recalled from non-combat stations and duties such as ISSB, PAC, Air War College, PFT, BFT air war college. There has not been one source. Not two. Not three. Multiple.

IF NOTHING HAPPENS, THEN NOTHING HAPPENS. IT WILL BE OUR BAD LUCK. AND THIS THREAD WILL GO DOWN THE DRAIN. I don't post much. I have no interest in getting a couple of batons on my shoulders (on this forum) or to get attention. The members who know me and my credibility, know me.

As someone said, there is nothing 'special' about someone saying that xyz toys are coming. Because something will definitely come and it won't be meritorious on the part of the member who reported it. Similarly, if nothing comes, it is NOT MERITORIOUS on your part to predict this as FAKE NEWS because Pakistan has been denied equipment even after payments. It has happened in the past when the delivery day was set to be Friday, and Congress moved in on Thursday to block that transfer. You, members, do not need to get personal, or feel superior, or believe that you all had the slightest of 'foresight' to smell BS or see it not happening. You all are just functioning and thinking like a standard unintelligent predictive text. Repeating what has been happening in the past 10 years.

So please. get off your high horses and stay calm. Discuss the merits and demerits wit will have on Pakistan's combat support capability. As soon as I get the pictures or anything information (disclosable). I will be the first one to do that.

Thank you.

Question: We currently have an active program to upgrade some of our C-130s to C-130E. What happens to that?

All our C-130s have been converted to H standard in terms of avionics.

Above order means, we are expanding transport fleet and not only replacing it. Since upgrades of some old birds are on too.

All C-130B's are here to stay. These are additions.

Wouldn’t their a notification issued for such a transfer? If these goods are coming within the next few months, I would think notification would be out by now. For the zulus, the reason for their delay is because of the funding issue. The USG believes Pakistan hasn’t done enough to justify getting coalition support funds; without the CSF Pakistan wouldn’t be getting these gunships. As far as we know, no policy change has taken place.

You are right. DSCA notification is the first indication of any such deal. However it might pop up any minute. We can only wait.

Bhai F16s ke hawaly se bhi achi news sunado

Meray hath mein kuch nahin hai janab.

OK, Am I the only one questioning this? I am calling BS on this. No aviation Journo has reported this, no DSCA notification, no DoD contract notification. Just fan boys seeking attention on the forum. This is FAKE NEWS.

Only country buying C-130Js is New Zealand (5 of them)

Congratulations. You are officially sailing against the tide and getting that due attention you just spoke of.

I guess the PPEs we sent to US recently was to put butter and smooth out things. Good PR in US-PAK relations is vital to get along with the respective populations.

Bingo. This is all give and take.

I think all these leaks on PDF are detrimental to these deals. Radio silence may be more prudent.

I dont believe so. These deals are very high level. Internet chatter doesnt cut it.

US Arms sales are a very open process. Ever single sale above $50 million to a country needs to be notified. This is one thing that holds this forum back is that attention seekers post stuff like this just to feel superior. This forum could become a really valuable platform for real information and insight into Pakistan armed forces, instead it is becoming like Facebook for Pakistani Defence.

I look forward to your contribution to this forum. You can go in my history and look at mine.

None of this will ever b delivered.

If any general makes payment and then that money gets stuck that general shud be tried for treason and shot

Let's not jump the gun please.

Will it be possible for PAF to change the engines to GE ones on the existing F-16s? Esp Blk 52?

If that technically possible @airomerix @Blacklight

It is technically possible but with a HUGE cost of both 'attempting' it and 'sustaining it'. If you're a country that has F100 powered Eagles or Vipers; it is VERY expensive to start buying the same airframe with different engines. Ask the USAF.

PAF will need twice as much tooling in its intermediate engine maintenance facilities to maintain the two separate engine types. An engine shop has millions and millions of dollars worth of special tooling for each type of engine.

Even the various models of F100 share only a portion (70% or so) of their tooling.

If PAF goes for a 50/50 split, it not only gives PAF "competition" but also makes operating 100% of the fleet TWICE as complex and expensive.

This is why there is resistance to GE getting contracts for the JSF engines as PW is the prime engine supplier. Not to mention some engine parts and tooling will be shared for the F/A-22 and JSF, like the F-15 and F-16.

Point to ponder: If you had 100 F100-220 engines, and could buy 20 new -229s that only require 30% new tooling, would you buy 20 new GEs and have to buy 100% new tooling to support less than 1/3 of your fleet? Would you replace all your old engines with GEs and have to spend 10s of millions of dollars to modify your existing aircraft fleet?

Thanks a lot.
This is quite a recent post. The F-16 issue is about one year, 18 months old if i remember correctly. Anyway thanks for sharing this post. I have dropped him an email as well to discuss this further. :)

Also checking with couple of other people.

@Blacklight @airomerix ok i just talked to some friends and the news about C-130J is pretty serious and correct it seems :yahoo:
Thank you guys, tps and khafee, everyone who shared this with us.

However, sorry for arguing on and on like this, nothing on AH-1Z yet. How sure you guys are about that?

Like i said it appears to be legit.

Why did we not pick up the ex-RAF C130 Js?

We tried. Believe me.

Cant find it in my pocket.

Last edited:
Few years back 2015 I think some South Asian country wanted to buy JF17. But after it was leaked on PDF then Pakistan Marassi media. Then RAW stepped in to blackmail them to not buy from us. Nawaz even made offer I believe.
I dont believe so. These deals are very high level. Internet chatter doesnt cut it

Few years back 2015 I think some South Asian country wanted to buy JF17. But after it was leaked on PDF then Pakistan Marassi media. Then RAW stepped in to blackmail them to not buy from us. Nawaz even made offer I believe.

Agencies like RAW always have first hand informers inside the embassies and military circles to get them more neat information. What you said is hearsay. Let's not give PDF the credit it doesn't deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom