What's new

Rumors: Pakistan to acquire five C-130J Super Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent write up by @Bilal Khan (Quwa)
Pakistan’s C4ISR (Part 2): Land and Airborne Surveillance Systems
In the first phase of Project Crystal, the PAF acquired 45 Mobile Pulse-Doppler Radar (MPDR) systems from Siemens in Germany. Six mobile control and reporting centres (CRC) were also acquired, which would connect to the MPDRs through real-time data-link connectivity.[7] In other words, the radar’s information would be processed in the CRC and displayed on monitors, hence offering early network-centric situational awareness to the PAF. The MPDRs were acquired in three sub-variants, with two mobile types (offering 45km in range) and one transportable variant (with 60km in range).[8]

In Project Crystal’s second phase, the PAF acquired six AN/TPS-43 long-range three-dimensional (3D) air surveillance radars from the U.S.[9] These radars were capable of tracking an object as well as its elevation and azimuth (i.e. direction). With a maximum detection range of 400km, the AN/TPS-43s formed the high-altitude search umbrella of the PAF’s integrated air defence system (with the MPDRs serving as low-level sensors). Like the MPDRs, the sensory feed from the AN/TPS-43s was processed and displayed (i.e. data-linked), particularly to commanding officers in each of the PAF’s three regional commands.[10]

The work done under Project Crystal essentially formed the foundation of not only Pakistan’s current-day air defence system, but its overall C4ISR framework. Look back to part-one of this series, and note how Pakistan had begun utilizing modern C4I concepts and systems by the mid-1980s, such as building real-time situational awareness through the use of advanced sensors and data-link architecture. From the mid-2000s, the PAF had begun to build upon this foundation through a series of high-tech acquisitions.

https://quwa.org/2016/03/15/pakistans-c4isr-part-2-land-airborne-surveillance-systems/

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/current-combat-radars-of-pakistan-air-force.596684/

Collectively it was referred to as PakADGE (Pakistan Air Defense Ground Environment). In 1980s it was really state of the art with near real time situational awareness displayed on digital screens. I remember our Ops rooms with glass screen being updated with pencils and people actually moving markers on a map manually. So this was a big deal.

Last edited:
Ultimately, yes. Sometimes congress could ask the WH to certify that country x is complying with specific laws. The Reagan administration used to certify that Pakistan was complying with nuclear proliferation laws and not making the bomb because US interests in Afghanistan depended on Pakistan. Once the Soviet left Afghanistan, subsequent administrations couldn’t make such a waiver, hence sanctions were applied. Something very similar happened with the CSF, Congress asked the WH to certify that Pakistan was advancing US interests in Afghanistan, once the WH couldn’t make that claim, funds were withheld.
Both the bold parts are related in how the legislators define the interests per their views(and lobbies).
The CSF was cut off because lobbied asked to certify the “meets our interest” part.

Why only cup!!
Look for something bigger than that.
I suggest a spoon. Would you be happy!:whistle:
apt urdu terminology would be chullooo

One of them should be installed at Lahore, One in Sargodha, One in Chaklala and one in Skardu. Don't forget about YLC18A and JY 27A Radars are there too

Sir ap Retire hochuke hain ab to karlein Shaadi
This are mobile/transportable, so can be located anywhere.

J-15 - Extremely unlikely for several reasons. The most notable is that the Indians will find it relatively easy to develop tactics against these in PAF service because of their extensive experience with a similar type. The main reason why the Indians didn't go for the F-21/Block-70/72 was because of the PAF's decades worth of experience with the Viper - there's no way the Indians could generate expertise and tactics on the Viper which the PAF wouldn't already be aware of. The same applies if we were to acquire a Flanker derivative. In addition, the PAF isn't really seeking to acquire a completely new type, along with the required support and weapons structure needed. But the most obvious issue is that we all saw how the Flanker performed against the Viper/AMRAAM combo last year - why would the PAF want a lame duck? The PAF LOVES the Viper/AMRAAM combo, expect the same thing we've done with the Mirages for the Vipers, these will be with the PAF for decades to come.
J15 most probably for the Maritime Strike Aircraft

If there is no tilt in balance than why you worrying about it??

I'm not worried about it.

Perhaps I should've expanded on what I wrote. India will object to the sale, no doubt, but I doubt it can stop the sale of C-130s because it poses no threat to India.

Guriya dedo bas

14 years on this forum, and yet 4 messages, WOW, Should I consider myself lucky for being one of the quoted among the holy 4 messages ? :D
Hi you just said the right thing and I have to agree
Your opinion make sense majority of time young man and I have respect for you
Bye the way I was also member of other pakfourm before PDF and enjoy the reading.

it is very logical to think that Americans should remove such restrictions
On the contrary, they will do everything to block any weapon system that can compete with US systems.

Same was done with South African Rooivalk. US denied Rockwell permission to integrate hellfire missiles on the platform as they did not want a cheap and reliable alternative to AH-64. By the time kentron (denel) developed Mokopa, most of potential customers had either gone for Apaches or Tigers.

It might be a blessing in disguise for the Turks. Development of local engine should be a high priority if they want to actively compete with Us/Euro helos in international market.

Thank you for your informative posts. Re @Khafee, he has his own forum and that might have been a reason although I have to say I dont know the real reason/reasons he left/was asked to leave.
US market access should be a corner stone of our economic policy and should be a welcome step.
Rest you guys in the know know better and I will leave it at that.
Regards

You mean the reason he was banned not "he left/asked to leave". Always the honesty deficit.

Dear all,

Thanks to @Blacklight, I dug a little deeper and was able to find conclusive evidence that indeed, 5 C-130J's are being acquired. The source of the aircraft is unknown, but 6 squadron appears to be preparing for it.

Also, there have been a 'number' of US bound flights being operated by C-130's in the past 3 weeks. Scheduled all the way until June end, the news of AH-1Z Zulu's return does hold water as @Blacklight mentioned.

I would request the readers to not post this yet on facebook. As it gets muddy and alot of brainless people there start yapping.

I think it is safe to speculate the if's, when's and what's.

Where is dsca notification ??

https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom