What's new

Rumors: Finally AH-1Z are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake fake fake to the core...
Plz shut it down

Fake fake fake to the core...
Plz shut it down

Upgrading 48 x AH-1F would have added a better punch since the upgrade brings the capabilities of -1F closer to -1Z, even the ability of firing AGM-114R, which combines an anti-tank warhead with a fragmentation sleeve for use against both armored vehicles and soft targets. The main object of interest, LongBow Radar, is already not coming with -1Z while it has been provided across the border to IAF AH-64E.
you certain about this? The deal happened some years back and if i remember correctly at that time it was said that PA will get some Longbow Radars too. 6 or 8 if i remember correctly. I mentioned this a few days ago and got a surprised response from @Tipu7 and now you too are saying that we are not getting this radar. Again, since i remember it from some article or chat i went trough some 4/5 years ago may be i am just forgetting it!

You two are saying that longbow are not part of the package (once it does arrive)?

you certain about this? The deal happened some years back and if i remember correctly at that time it was said that PA will get some Longbow Radars too. 6 or 8 if i remember correctly. I mentioned this a few days ago and got a surprised response from @Tipu7 and now you too are saying that we are not getting this radar. Again, since i remember it from some article or chat i went trough some 4/5 years ago may be i am just forgetting it!

You two are saying that longbow are not part of the package (once it does arrive)?

I outlined the whole package except only two things:
1. 15 x AH-1Z Viper Attack Helicopters
2. 32 x T-700 GE 401C Engines (30 installed and 2 spares)

I did not find any mention of Longbow Radar.

Honestly I haven't seen any AH1Z equipped with mmw FCR in operational use. And the package disclosed in AH1Z do not include any such system either.
Was any such thing included later on (provided that we are receiving AH1Z) then I am not aware of it.

I outlined the whole package except only two things:
1. 15 x AH-1Z Viper Attack Helicopters
2. 32 x T-700 GE 401C Engines (30 installed and 2 spares)

I did not find any mention of Longbow Radar.
The Longbow (AN/APG78) is mmw FCR which is mounted on rotor top of AH-64 series of gunship. The AH-1Z carries (or planned to carry) Longbow FCR called Cobra FCR which is mounted on weapon station instead of rotor top.

Same systems but different names. We need to search Longbow as well as Cobra names within our AH1Z package.

IMG_20200616_155205.jpg

Boeing C-17 Globemaster III of the USAF (03-3124) was seen at the Islamabad airport. I wonder what goodies it brought?

That's second C17 visit within a week.

Last edited:
The Longbow (AN/APG78) is mmw FCR which is mounted on rotor top of AH-64 series of gunship. The AH-1Z carries (or planned to carry) Longbow FCR called Cobra FCR which is mounted on weapon station instead of rotor top.

Same systems but different names. We need to search Longbow as well as Cobra names within our AH1Z package.

img_20200616_155205-jpg.642136
Do Indians have Longbow on their Apaches?

If this comes out true all mithais on me. I'll send everyone of you at home. Dont worry the package will be sanitized. :smitten:

Honestly I haven't seen any AH1Z equipped with mmw FCR in operational use. And the package disclosed in AH1Z do not include any such system either.
Was any such thing included later on (provided that we are receiving AH1Z) then u am not aware of it.

View attachment 642136

That's second C17 visit within a week.

yes can mount either Mmw or Aim-9 there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom