What's new

RTX 2080 Ti and 2080

Anybody buy one of these yet?
Not yet. I am using 1060/6gb cuda cores for deep learning. Good enough;

I have a 1080ti and will not be upgrading to these 1st gen ray tracing cards. FPS takes a hit with ray tracing on when 4k gaming which is unacceptable. Can get more FPS with it turned off.

Why would i pay for £1200 for a 2080ti to give me a few more frames. I can comfortably game at 4k at the moment.

Perhaps in 18 months will upgrade when 2nd gen releases.
how much times change.... give you an example, back in 1992, it would take a sparc cluster over 30hrs+ to generate a ray traced image and now the speed... just staggering

RTX 2080 Ti and 2080 are not bad cards but I dont recommend them in Pakistan as these cost a fortune here(or unless you are filthy rich). If one live in USA or UK etc that makes sense, they can get these for $800- $1200 also different deals are available. I heard on Youtube games are not even available to utilize full potential of RTX series they will remain overkill for sometime. For Pakistan GTX 1070Ti - GTX 1080 will work great.

RTX 2080 Ti and 2080 are not bad cards but I dont recommend them in Pakistan as these cost a fortune here(or unless you are filthy rich). If one live in USA or UK etc that makes sense, they can get these for $800- $1200 also different deals are available. I heard on Youtube games are not even available to utilize full potential of RTX series they will remain overkill for sometime. For Pakistan GTX 1070Ti - GTX 1080 will work great.
Too expensive anywhere :). Still just give it time; it is a pity ATI/AMD are behind Nvidia

After much thought, I just bought an eVGA GTX 1070Ti Black Edition for $409 with a $20 dollar rebate for an eventual $389 price.

Considering you can supposedly 1 click overclock this to 1080 levels with the eVGA OC software, I think this may be a pretty good price for this card.

i will stick with my 970GTX... the new cards are TOO TOO TOO expensive. PC Gaming is now becoming a luxury item.. sigh..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom