What's new

Rs25 coin to mark submarine force’s golden jubilee

Horseman

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: To mark the golden jubilee of Pakistan Navy’s Submarine Force, the State Bank is expected to issue a commemorative Rs25 coin on June 1.

A total of 50,000 coins are expected to be issued and the general public can obtain these coins from all field offices of the State Bank.

According to the Finance Ministry, the composition of the coin is 75pc copper and 25pc nickel. The commemorative coin will weigh approximately 12 grams and have a diameter of 30 millimetres.

The coin bears crescent moon and a five-pointed star on one side, while the other side bears the logo of the navy’s Submarine force, with the inscription “1964- 2014”.

Earlier, in 1997, the State Bank issued a commemorative Rs50 coin to celebrate the golden jubilee of the country’s independence.
Rs25 coin to mark submarine force’s golden jubilee - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Navy's budget needs to expand. It's capabilities are nowhere near what they should be.

Any picture available? I would love to get my hands on one of these!!

I managed to snatch one from my colleagues...:victory: Though had to lose all the money in my purse as a result of backlash....
Coin Front 1.jpg
Coin Back 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom