What's new

Bangladesh's Second submarine cable by 2016

Wot. 40Gbps? My net connection is 100Mbps, so if you had 400 households like mine, then you would have the entire bandwith capacity of Bangladesh?

Can't be right.

what technology is it your 100Mbps net connection?
is it VDSL2 or FTTH, I don't have idea whether both term use for same thing or?

Wot. 40Gbps? My net connection is 100Mbps, so if you had 400 households like mine, then you would have the entire bandwith capacity of Bangladesh?

Can't be right.

"Monwar Hossain, Managing Director of Bangladesh Submarine Cable Company Limited, said the country was currently consuming only 40 Gbps while the capacity of the cable was 200 Gbps."

It's not that you are constantly consuming data @100 mbps, in fact you barely do that. Still 40 gbps is very less, but BD doesn't have too many broadband or 3G customers, neither BD has any IT industry to feed for, they will probably sell the bandwidth.

Can't be right.

Brthr i think ur getting a bit confused here, that 100mbps is actually the speed of ur LAN connection(between ur pc n modem) n not ur internet speed.

Just take an internet speed test to knw ur really speed.:wave:

Brthr i think ur getting a bit confused here, that 100mbps is actually the speed of ur LAN connection(between ur pc n modem) n not ur internet speed.

Just take an internet speed test to knw ur really speed.:wave:

No, it's my internet speed. My LAN speed is 1GB/s+. I'm on a fibre optic internet line.

Back
Top Bottom