What's new

Secrets of COIN Success Lessons from the Punjab Campaign

@Zarvan | The Punjab Elite Police is actually very highly trained, but most of its workforce is not on the 'protection detail' of his excellency the King Sharif and his Raiwind palace. In reality though, they should be protecting the people.

I never realized GILL was such a brilliant man , he prolly set the president on conducting modern COIN operations

@KRAIT there are venerations against the sikhs here. My grandfather's train from Jalandar was attacked by Sikhs. The partition drama was more so of a boiling out of Punjab: the last session of the Punjab assembly had many Muslim leaders petitioning against a partition of Punjab but the Sikh leaders went for it.

Interestingly, post-1984 with the rise and suppression of the Punjabiat movement in both Indian and Pakistani Punjab (I'm sure 99% of the people do not know this) there has been a rise of recognition of the common roots of Punjabi culture between the two communities. You can see this most in the England and Canada where the Punjabi community sees itself as a part their nations but also a part of a distint community of their common heritage.

The suppression of the Punjab has been done by almost every ruler of South Asia, a later similar trend was seen in Bengal as these two centres were the most prosperous at least in terms of agro resources and the Punjab also in terms of manpower.

The language crises that plays a part to this day in the region was started by the British at the latest. The Punjabis after the fall of Ranjeet Singh's Dynasty was a potential hot spot for the regimes that thought is carried to this day, that thought was behind partitioning Punjab that made it to India. That's the reason why the 10th largest spoken language in the world does not have a recognition here. That's also the reason why when Sikhs visit Lahore, they're filled with tears in their eyes.

This mythos of using the Punjabi populace for the nation-state philosophy that's come down from ancient times has to go away. Punjabis were used by both sides. Punjabis are the most loyal Indians and Pakistanis and are also, ironically, the most criticised.

@Zarvan fully agree with you, mate.

Khalistan movement was completely a political one rather than insecurity of their religious or cultural identity among Sikh population. Indira Gandhi raised them as her dogs to target her political opponents in Punjab and before she didn't realized these dogs would soon probably get out of her hands comeback to bite their own masters. Similar to what happened wet LTTE.

@jaibi we need to so do somethings most vital first change the training of Police even the most basic police man should be trained to use Assault Weapons and every city should have Police training and practicing areas where all the policeman should train again after every 2 years than we need to re train Elite Police and increase their numbers and for that I think we should set up a base which Jordan has and take help of Jordan and Turkey in that and we need to equip Elite Police with Helicopters and also helicopters which have Machine Guns to it and also need to put Camera every where and also Elite Police domain should be full country elite police should have at least 50 Helicopters a force of more than 100000 with Snipers and Commando training specially trained by Musa Company of SSG than we need to build a joint intelligence of police which domain should be whole country and with special powers and to help them we need to establish at least 50 Forensic labs all over the country with best trained people and equipment I know but our shit economy but we have to do this and this is the only way forward and also it will help Army to get rid of fighting its own people and focus on our dear sweet enemy India
@Aeronaut @Oscar @nuclearpak @RazPaK @AUz @mafiya @Rafi @balixd @Areesh @Slav Defence @DESERT FIGHTER and others

just so we clear does the term "our people" actually implies TTP???

Khalistan movement was completely a political one rather than insecurity of their religious or cultural identity among Sikh population. Indira Gandhi raised them as her dogs to target her political opponents in Punjab and before she didn't realized these dogs would soon probably get out of her hands comeback to bite their own masters. Similar to what happened wet LTTE.

just so we clear does the term "our people" actually implies TTP???

So you mean to say Sikhs are dogs in india? fucking hindus...you guys hate everyone

So you mean to say Sikhs are dogs in india?

when did I said that??? I called Khalistanis as her dogs not general Sikhs I also called LTTE as dogs doesn't mean I called every Tamils the same its like if I say Talibanis are dogs does that means I called every muslim a dog???

fucking hindus...you guys hate everyone

Do you fcktard Muslims seriously think everyone is like your kind... surprise you are wrong

@jaibi - I must say a very interesting post- though I have read only half of it - will read it further when i hit the bed - well am a slow reader - been taking notes from the write up - but remind me again about the purpose of sharing this with us??

what interests me more are the point 10,15,19,30 and 45 onwards - VDCs.....something i have been thinking along for a while

Mainly that the Punjabi COIN that we would soon have to face (give or take 10 years) needs to handled better than Norther COIN that we took. The Northern geography places a more classic insurgency that we have some experience in, following the USA we are the longest combatants of insurgency.

The Punjabi COIN would see a more dense population and lesser play of geography than the Northern one did and I just found it interesting to share the Indian experience in a similar situation in recent times.

@jaibi - I must say a very interesting post- though I have read only half of it - will read it further when i hit the bed - well am a slow reader - been taking notes from the write up - but remind me again about the purpose of sharing this with us??

what interests me more are the point 10,15,19,30 and 45 onwards - VDCs.....something i have been thinking along for a while

Back
Top Bottom