What's new

Rouhani: Iran to stay in Iran nuclear deal — for now

Whoa guys!

The only attacker after KSA would be Türkiye.
None of the rest has the means and the cash.

As for the idiotic response, I'm sorry HamW mate
but he's largely right :
there's the 'small' issue of Iran being able to shut the Straits of Hormuz if attacked. Around 30-35% of the world's oil gets shipped via that route.

This is a myth. Not only would Iran find it a
lot more difficult to do than people believe,
not only would it bring an international res-
ponse of might against it, serving as a casus
belli for Israel and America and Saudi Arabia,
& not only would that stop all Iranian exports
or just about, more so, your present regime
might well not survive the conflagration.

Give them a bit more credit than that, please?

On an aside, Iran has all to gain by remaining
in the accord with those that did not renege it
but it could drive a potential wedge between the
US and its traditional allies if Trump gets re-elected.

I'd also have liked more posts had they not been
filled childish with insults hurting their actual value.

Have a great day all, Tay.

Whoa guys!

The only attacker after KSA would be Türkiye.
None of the rest has the means and the cash.

As for the idiotic response, I'm sorry HamW mate
but he's largely right :

This is a myth. Not only would Iran find it a
lot more difficult to do than people believe,
not only would it bring an international res-
ponse of might against it, serving as a casus
belli for Israel and America and Saudi Arabia,
& not only would that stop all Iranian exports
or just about, more so, your present regime
might well not survive the conflagration.

Give them a bit more credit than that, please?

On an aside, Iran has all to gain by remaining
in the accord with those that did not renege it
but it could drive a potential wedge between the
US and its traditional allies if Trump gets re-elected.

I'd also have liked more posts had they not been
filled childish with insults hurting their actual value.

Have a great day all, Tay.

any extensive war with iran would include a war in the persian gulf, by default that will block the hormuz strait due to the belligerents being the US and or gulf states.

Hassan Rouhani knew about Trump decision in advance and he just make speech several minutes after Trump and said "Iran will stay in deal" ... his goal was to bind hand of Iran leader and the people who are against this did DEAD deal ...

if you were in rouhani's shoes what would you do right now? I know the emotional response is to withdraw. But would that be wise?

right now everyone is universally blaming the US for this. the European countries have publicly said they want to protect the deal. If iran withdraws immidiatly then that gives them an easy face saving excuse to say "iran and the US are out, whats the point of us remaining with china and Russia?"

as it stands now, the americans have isolated themselves. And even if they manage to bully their euro allies. it will be coming at the expense of their credibility. Trump ruined American credibility. isolated himself and put his allies in a really bad spot. it would be foolish of iran to give them an easy way out of this

Iran should've made the bomb long ago....but they don't have the balls...they can only brag about ancient civilization feelz.

I can't stand this "Traitor" label that these guys are throwing around. It's like America and the "Hero" label for airline pilots, police officers and firefighters. Enough already. No, Iran will not be attacked like Iraq, no they can't break up Iran, no the U.S. does not and cannot afford another war in the M.E. stop the useless analysis. If we leave JCPOA we give Netanyahoo exactly what he needs, by staying in we are creating a gulf between U.S. and her Allies. This is significant...please wait till we see what kind of sanctions are put back, I'm betting he will water it down and give waivers so Europe and Asia can still buy our oil. This is his history. Look at the steel tariffs, look at the strike at Syria it was all for show and his domestic audience. The only enemy we have to watch is the Zionists. They're 3x more dangerous than the U.S. and S.A.

any extensive war with iran would include a war in the persian gulf, by default that will block the hormuz strait due to the belligerents being the US and or gulf states.

Do you realize that you describe a different
situation than the one I was answering?

Heck, two brownie points for trying, I guess!

Good day anyway, Tay.

if you were in rouhani's shoes what would you do right now? I know the emotional response is to withdraw. But would that be wise?

right now everyone is universally blaming the US for this. the European countries have publicly said they want to protect the deal. If iran withdraws immidiatly then that gives them an easy face saving excuse to say "iran and the US are out, whats the point of us remaining with china and Russia?"

as it stands now, the americans have isolated themselves. And even if they manage to bully their euro allies. it will be coming at the expense of their credibility. Trump ruined American credibility. isolated himself and put his allies in a really bad spot. it would be foolish of iran to give them an easy way out of this

First I wouldn't take my pant and lay on my stomach ...

Yest Withdraw is wisest decision right now , if we stay in deal , next month they act like we were guilty for USA To leave the deal ...

USA and west don't need face saving toward Iran ... they have power , and they use their power ...

usa didn't isolated herself , don't act like fools ( Rouhani , Larijani and Zarif ) , they simply withdraw from deal and continue to sanction us and force all private companies to choose between Iran economy and USA economy which the answer is obvious ... Europe is just to bind Iran hand while USA does the faacking ...

if you think Europe will do anything about Trump , then you are naive , or fool ...

I can't stand this "Traitor" label that these guys are throwing around. It's like America and the "Hero" label for airline pilots, police officers and firefighters. Enough already. No, Iran will not be attacked like Iraq, no they can't break up Iran, no the U.S. does not and cannot afford another war in the M.E. stop the useless analysis. If we leave JCPOA we give Netanyahoo exactly what he needs, by staying in we are creating a gulf between U.S. and her Allies. This is significant...please wait till we see what kind of sanctions are put back, I'm betting he will water it down and give waivers so Europe and Asia can still buy our oil. This is his history. Look at the steel tariffs, look at the strike at Syria it was all for show and his domestic audience. The only enemy we have to watch is the Zionists. They're 3x more dangerous than the U.S. and S.A.

the people which are supporting traitors are traitor as well ...

soon USA will begin to raid us in our sky and land and water and Rouhani government and Reformists talk about Strategical Patient ....

With reformist in power and corruption in place ... this going to become another Iraq/Lybia ....

First I wouldn't take my pant and lay on my stomach ...

Yest Withdraw is wisest decision right now , if we stay in deal , next month they act like we were guilty for USA To leave the deal ...

USA and west don't need face saving toward Iran ... they have power , and they use their power ...

usa didn't isolated herself , don't act like fools ( Rouhani , Larijani and Zarif ) , they simply withdraw from deal and continue to sanction us and force all private companies to choose between Iran economy and USA economy which the answer is obvious ... Europe is just to bind Iran hand while USA does the faacking ...

if you think Europe will do anything about Trump , then you are naive , or fool ...

the people which are supporting traitors are traitor as well ...

soon USA will begin to raid us in our sky and land and water and Rouhani government and Reformists talk about Strategical Patient ....

With reformist in power and corruption in place ... this going to become another Iraq/Lybia ....

Stop your crying.

Rouhani could not have done the deal without the SL and the rest of the major power factions giving their blessing. Iran is a mafia society, unless most factions agree, a deal wouldn’t have been made.

Even today SL didn’t fully commit to withdrawing from the agreement.

It is in Iran’s interest to stay in the agreement till no solution can be found and the agreement unravels by itself.

As for any attack on iran, that would happen wether Iran had nuclear weapons or not. Nuclear weapons are a last resort weapon. If US did a bombing campaign against Iranian military targets, Iran having a nuke or not wouldn’t matter. Both parties know that Iran wouldn’t use it.

So people thinking that nuclear weapons are some savior weapon need to wake up and realize it is not 1960’s anymore. Assad had the largest chemical warfare stockpile in the Middle East, yet that didn’t prevent US, France, Britain, and everyone else from invading the country. In fact it became a liability for him.

please wait till we see what kind of sanctions are put back, I

Auto Industry and port operators entertaining Iranian ships are on hit list. Yea staying in deal for now is in Iran's interests but don't expect anything from Europeans ... Russia and China may lend helping hand.

US is acting more like an Israeli bitch than the other way round. The only way forward is for Iran to ultimately acquire nuclear weapons. That will end this saga of not letting Iran acquire nuclear weapons once and for all. After that neither Israel nor US will ever try to attack or undermine Iran. Yes proxy wars will continue but this debate of using force to deter Iran will be buried for good.

Not possible. Time was always against them.

You sure about that? The US can't afford another war in the ME?! Is it because it does not have the money, manpower, technology, allies, and the will? What makes you so certain?

You sure about that? The US can't afford another war in the ME?! Is it because it does not have the money, manpower, technology, allies, and the will? What makes you so certain?
Post a snapshot of the alert that you revived.

Back
Top Bottom