What's new

Roots across the Border

My maternal parents were from "Fatehpur, Jalandhar" and paternal parents were from "Badla, Hoshyarpur". anyone from JAlandhar or Hoshyarpur??

I don't I consider them Pukhtoon, they are cursed and not worthy of such a great society.
You are very narrow minded. AQ khan is urduspeaker but he is very popular among pashtuns and is considered one. An orakzai friend of mine proudly told me that AQ khan has orakzai roots.
About irfan pathan, when indian cricket team visited peshawer, every pashtun in the ground was curious and interested about irfan pathan. I myself watched that match, crowd was shouting for support of irfan pathan in addition to usual shahid afridi.

For those don't have roots from East Of the Eastern Border or wouldn't want roots from there, then your roots are with us.

Rozgan to FATA a journey that started over 400 years ago, so let's hear it from you guys where are your roots from the Western Side.

Father's side Shiraz, Iran and before that stories say Samarra, Iraq.

Mother's side her father's family came from Gilan, Iran meanwhile her mother's side was from Bukhara, Uzbekistan.

Where r your roots from? Mamba

In Pakistan mostly, one of my father's uncles had gone all the way to Delhi he was a wealthy business who then moved to Karachi during partition, even today that part of my family is now in Karachi. The rest of my roots are in Pakistan Punjab in many cities but ancestrally Sailkot, and before that from Iran and Uzbekistan.

Last edited:
You are very narrow minded. AQ khan is urduspeaker but he is very popular among pashtuns and is considered one. An orakzai friend of mine proudly told me that AQ khan has orakzai roots.
About irfan pathan, when indian cricket team visited peshawer, every pashtun in the ground was curious and interested about irfan pathan. I myself watched that match, crowd was shouting for support of irfan pathan in addition to usual shahid afridi.
Pathans in India have lost their contact with Peshawar and Afghanistan long back. if Indian pathan comes to interact with a typical frontier pashtun, it's like two aliens meeting each other! only Shia's in UP seems to preserve their persian heritage and ethnicity better unlike Pasthuns and others. but I hear atleast 50% of northern Indian muslims have foreign(mostly pashtun) ancestory.
Pashtuns or Tajik, but dry fruit, wools merchants once roamed all of India, Bangladesh, Burma, Srilanka before partition. but, this has stopped and I've heard these Kabuliwala's were there 35-40 years back but seems thriving in cities like Calcutta. they have integrated with Indian muslim identity although, they have Deobandi belief(infact Deobandi scholars are 99% Pashtuns?)?

Back
Top Bottom