What's new

Roots across the Border

I do not know why people care here so much about where their great grand fathers lived. In our area we have a saying in punjabi "parr peya tey saak geya" which means the relatives with whom you can connect only from your great grand father/mother are practically NOT relatives at all.

For those don't have roots from East Of the Eastern Border or wouldn't want roots from there, then your roots are with us.

Rozgan to FATA a journey that started over 400 years ago, so let's hear it from you guys where are your roots from the Western Side.

I have Baluchistani Pakhtun friends with origins from the Afghan side...

So, @Butchcassidy , did you manage to visit Chak Bamu, like you said you might?

I would like to know about the place if you can help.

So, @Butchcassidy , did you manage to visit Chak Bamu, like you said you might?

I would like to know about the place if you can help.
Hi bro,
I was in chak bamu last week !!
I have some pics which I will post for you when I am back in US as the internet here is not very fast.
U we're right, the village was known as ghora chak before as it was the only village in the area where the inhabitants had horses.
Sadly there is no one in the village who can recollect things predating the partition since the entire village was Muslim and the current inhabitants migrated from Multan and kot addu.
Most of the adjoining villages are also now inhabited by migrants from Multan region.
The only structure dating to pre 47 era is the remnants of the main mosque.
It forms the part of someone's boundary wall now. Oddly enough that persons name was sardar Barkat Singh. As the village expanded most of the old structures were torn down but he tried to preserve that mosque. However after his death most of the old mosque structure was torn down and only a very small portion remained as a part of the boundary wall.
I have pics of those remnants with me.
It is one of the bigger villages in dasuya tehsil.
I did not have enough time otherwise I would have looked up your grandfathers land records in the tehsil office.

Hi bro,
I was in chak bamu last week !!
I have some pics which I will post for you when I am back in US as the internet here is not very fast.
U we're right, the village was known as ghora chak before as it was the only village in the area where the inhabitants had horses.
Sadly there is no one in the village who can recollect things predating the partition since the entire village was Muslim and the current inhabitants migrated from Multan and kot addu.
Most of the adjoining villages are also now inhabited by migrants from Multan region.
The only structure dating to pre 47 era is the remnants of the main mosque.
It forms the part of someone's boundary wall now. Oddly enough that persons name was sardar Barkat Singh. As the village expanded most of the old structures were torn down but he tried to preserve that mosque. However after his death most of the old mosque structure was torn down and only a very small portion remained as a part of the boundary wall.
I have pics of those remnants with me.
It is one of the bigger villages in dasuya tehsil.
I did not have enough time otherwise I would have looked up your grandfathers land records in the tehsil office.

I really appreciate your help/good gesture in assisting our nation's (Pakistan's) citizen :)

thanks man :tup: keep widening your heart :)

I'd say roughly 30% still speak Pashto, and in the villages where Urdu is mainly spoken, there will always be an elder who is fluent in Pashto and sometimes even a entire family who are fluent.

Dholpur has a lot of Lodi Pathans since it's close to Gwalior, I'm not sure about Sherwanis though.
Yeah, Gwalior and Morena in Madhya Pradesh near the Rajathan border has a lot of Lodi Pathans as well.
Its Lodhi not Lodi

Back
Top Bottom