What's new

Roots across the Border

My family comes from the villages of Darapur and Junglaan on the banks of river Beas in the district of Gurdaspur. According to elders in my family it was highly productive land, some sort of agricultural paradise.

While my ancestors have lived within the boundaries of modern Republic of India since many generations but according to one theory put forward by historians, my clan originated on the banks of the Swat river. Even my surname is believed to be based on ancient Sanskrit name of Swat river.

I really want to see the river at least once in my life.

you are welcome to visit Pakistan.

In Pakistani Muslim culture, to have guest is like to have the favour of God! We pride ourselves on hospitality.

Please visit Pakistan, and visit Swat Valley, and its most beautiful river.

Remember, Swat is 10 times more beautiful than even Kashmir!

Its still worth a visit. Swat valley is very beautiful. And the fact that it may be the place where my my clan originated is enough for me to visit it.

In fact I want to see all of Pakistan, especially historical monuments.

As for connections, well connections need to be made. Thats what the point of travelling is.

Pakistan is like a cradle of history. Most hindu temples are still there, yet the corrupt government hasn't really taken the effort to preserve the historic past everywhere and monuments all over the country partly due to the political climate with india. And how can you when you have terrorism in the country to this degree.

Last edited:
you are welcome to visit Pakistan.

In Pakistani Muslim culture, to have guest is like to have the favour of God! We pride ourselves on hospitality.

Please visit Pakistan, and visit Swat Valley, and its most beautiful river.

Remember, Swat is 10 times more beautiful than even Kashmir!
Well of course, there is a reason why Swat Valley was known as the Switzerland of India. I will definitely visit it.

Swat Valley is not india. It is Pakistan.
I was talking about what it was known as in the past. I know its in Pak. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it on this thread "roots across the border".

Tamam suthi galh a ta tahan jee generation Sindhi galahyay thee... Ka ba booli hujay hun khay ghattan na khurjay... Jaiki wannay booli sikhyo, galhayo per pehnji asli booli khay na wesaryo.. Anyway, aoon hin layay pochyan piyo ta aoon paan nawabshah khhan taluq rakhan thho, city is my second home. Na sain ligually aoon Sindhi na ahanyan.
Sahee gaal aa. Kanhi Hindustan acho to zaroor yaad kajo, bando tahaanji khidmat me hazir thee wendo. Aseen Pune me settled aayoon.

ROZASHARIEF.jpg

That's.Rattar Chattar -Makansharief-Tehsil Dera Baba Nanak- Distt. Gurdas Pur, PUNJAB- INDIA. Sufi Saint Syed Imam Ali Shah is resting here .He was the maternal grandfather of my Dada Jan. Now this place is looked after by the local Sikh community.

User:Makansharief - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

www.almazhar.com

Back
Top Bottom