What's new

Roots across the Border

While my ancestors have lived within the boundaries of modern Republic of India since many generations but according to one theory put forward by historians, my clan originated on the banks of the Swat river. Even my surname is believed to be based on ancient Sanskrit name of Swat river.

I really want to see the river at least once in my life.

Anyone from Sultanpur Lodhi?
Yeah Sahir Lodhi :rofl::rofl::rofl:
942386_309156375866253_2146789345_n.jpg

Joke! Sorry bhai! Couldn't help that one!

Last edited:
I agree with you to some degree,but blood and language and culture is very important.

Ok fair enough about the complexion part but I am talking about majority here, plus skin tone doesn't change the facial structure.

@Multani is my brother a Pakistani nothing is more important then being Pakistanis, in no way have I been racist and if he for some reason feels I have then I offer him unreserved apology clearly knowing that I don't know what I am apologising for.

He is obviously mixed, we did use to take people back for work, also even in pakistan there is lots of mixing, he is sure to have some punjabi blood in him.

He identifies himself as Pukhtoon and is within or close to the land of Pukhtoons so he is a Pukhtoon.

What do you think happened to all those were taken in the campaigns, they got killed?, they adopted language and culture and became Pukhtoon like.

Not exactly, you need to stop this mixing and purity stuff......Shakil Afridi has typical facial features of an Afridi and many afridis have complexions like this, though i must admit they are mostly burned and tanned rather than being dark from birth. Afridi women and children have fair complexion in general, they are not tanned, while men usually gets darker with age.......compare young afridi with now tanned one
4E87F2F368B1A581BA2BC7C4E21.jpg

shahid-afridi-wallpaper-2012-500x375.jpg

And i have many afridi friends, do you know what they told me about shahid afridi? he is not afridi tribesman but an afridized sahibzada syed. So your shahid afridi is not even pashtun and afridi if we follow your criteria of blood and lineage, technically shakil afridi is more afridi than him as he belongs to qamber khel clan of afridis. ....for me shahid is pashtun, he speaks pashto and adhere to code of pashtunwali., so is shakil afridi.
judge pashtun for his pashtuniyat, judge pakistani for his pakistaniyat , judge musalman for his muslamaniyat and judge humans for their humanity..................not on their looks, height etc......looks and body matters where they matters, e.g modeling, films, tv etc.
And personality ,.....what if a person has fair skin and green eyes but he is an a$$holes?

While my ancestors have lived within the boundaries of modern Republic of India since many generations but according to one theory put forward by historians, my clan originated on the banks of the Swat river. Even my surname is believed to be based on ancient Sanskrit name of Swat river.

I really want to see the river at least once in my life.

Well all you got to do is buy a ticket and come over to the land of hospitality, but you will feel like an alien here.

Google swath, look at people, culture, and then tell me do you still feel connected. I welcome you to come and visit, be my guest I will personally show you around.
Its still worth a visit. Swat valley is very beautiful. And the fact that it may be the place where my my clan originated is enough for me to visit it.

In fact I want to see all of Pakistan, especially historical monuments.

As for connections, well connections need to be made. Thats what the point of travelling is.

Its still worth a visit. Swat valley is very beautiful. And the fact that it may be the place where my my clan originated is enough for me to visit it.

In fact I want to see all of Pakistan, especially historical monuments.

As for connections, well connections need to be made. Thats what the point of travelling is.

To be honest with you, you will be an outsider, regardless of connections or not, you will get treated politically correctly and that's about it.

I personally wouldn't like to see any Indians on our soil, nothing to do with religion or anything, we haven't been very welcoming of Indians and that will not change anytime soon.

Sindh Punjab people are more welcoming, we on the other hand have no such thing towards Indian, be it Muslim or Hindu, Indian is an Indian and that's what matters.

No offence intended just honesty.

My paternal grandmother was from UP Lucknow and maternal grandmother was born in Jalendhar but her family had migrated from Kashmir.

According to my mom, their ancestral place is somewhere in Pakistan. Where - they don't know. This is going back several generations so no one knows if this is even true.

:(

My Great grandfather from my mother's side had a shawl business in Sialkot. Never met him though. :(

I am lucky to know about my great grandfather. Turns out he knew Persian, Arabic and Urdu and may have served in the court of Nizam of Hyderabad. He was originally a Punjabi from a village near Mianwali.

teri aur meri kahani bhi saali ajeeb hai, tu border ke is paar se DHL hua, aur mein border ke us paar se DHL hua
:cheers:
Hee Hee. But not entirely bro - we hardly leave/left our valley. He only used to go there for livelihood. Sialkot had more importance than Jammu :D Even today Kashmiris( both Hindus and Muslims) think the world ends after the valley :P

But then our generation is going out. For the same reason a few of our forefathers did. There is no industry other than tourism and handicraft in Kashmir. So ... :(

:)
My family is still almost entirely there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom