What's new

Roots across the Border

For those don't have roots from East Of the Eastern Border or wouldn't want roots from there, then your roots are with us.

Rozgan to FATA a journey that started over 400 years ago, so let's hear it from you guys where are your roots from the Western Side.

I'd say roughly 30% still speak Pashto, and in the villages where Urdu is mainly spoken, there will always be an elder who is fluent in Pashto and sometimes even a entire family who are fluent.

Dholpur has a lot of Lodi Pathans since it's close to Gwalior, I'm not sure about Sherwanis though.
Yeah, Gwalior and Morena in Madhya Pradesh near the Rajathan border has a lot of Lodi Pathans as well.

They are not the real thing, to call them Pukhtoon is disrespecting the Geniune Article.

They are not the real thing, to call them Pukhtoon is disrespecting the Geniune Article.
Why is that? They seem Pathan to me.
Not that I really care anyway because my Tomar Rajput ancestors kicked them around for fun. :)

Why is that? They seem Pathan to me.
Not that I really care anyway because my Tomar Rajput ancestors kicked them around for fun. :)

They are not, look irfan Pathan & Lala Afridi, notice the difference?.
We have in Pakistan even a Musalli who now has second name Khan, does that make him in to a genuine Article?.

I speak Pushto but do I see Durranis same as me?, Culturally yes, countryman yes, equal as me yes, BUT Same as me NO, because racially I am different to them.

Good for your ancestors, mind you we done the Rajputs over many time for fun.

They are not, look irfan Pathan & Lala Afridi, notice the difference?.
We have in Pakistan even a Musalli who now has second name Khan, does that make him in to a genuine Article?.

I speak Pushto but do I see Durranis same as me?, Culturally yes, countryman yes, equal as me yes, BUT Same as me NO, because racially I am different to them.

Good for your ancestors, mind you we done the Rajputs over many time for fun.
Na, some Pathans are descendants of the Pashto armies. Especially in NW India. Look at Tonk which was ruled by Yousufzai Pathans.

Lol, Tomars spanked Lodis from Gwalior. ;)

Na, some Pathans are descendants of the Pashto armies. Especially in NW India. Look at Tonk which was ruled by Yousufzai Pathans.

Lol, Tomars spanked Lodis from Gwalior. ;)

Descendants as in mixed blooded, so you no longer are the genuine article.

You tell me who looks the genuine article to you, Afridi or Irfan Pathan?.

Descendants as in mixed blooded.
So most Pathans don't consider mixed Pathans as "real" Pathans?
You are probably right but Irfan is a Gujarati "Pathan" not like the ones I am talking about.

Thnks bro. We might still be having a muslim branch of our family there. My grandfathers dads name was Inder Singh Gill. He was an advocate and used to practice law in Narowal. That might help.
Also my Dads moms maternal side was from Rajoki, Daska (Cheema or Bajwa) and his moms paternal side was from Shatab garh, sialkot (Ghumman)

chaudary saab,naam waam na chodo idhar.

Guys,stop this and let it be CB Saab's thread.

Last edited:
we had our roots in Rawalpindi. now its Dilli hai meri jaan.

kuccha Chelan is where the british slaughtered everyone in the first war of independence.

Yes, Men from my family fought valiantly but were decimated.

Only Toddlers and women were spared.

My Great Great Grandfather survived because he was very young.

Back
Top Bottom