What's new

Roots across the Border

Chak Bamu

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
There must be others like me whose roots are across the border. That is why I have decided to open a new thread where people like myself can exchange notes about our root-places especially if they are across the border. Mine is "Chak Bamu" in Dasua Mandal, Jallandhar, Indian Punjab.

If anyone remembers my introduction on the forum, or wonders about the meaning of my forum name, they would realize that my ancestral roots are across the border in Indian Punjab; specifically Jallandhar Doab.
Salaams from Lahore

I had an idea to start this thread because @Butchcassidy wished to confirm if I had a connection with Chak Bamu (and indeed I do). But I felt that an Off-Topic conversation was not the right thing to do, and he as yet does not have privileges to use PM function. Therefore the only possible route was to open a thread.

But this thread can mean so much if:

1. One has roots from across the brother and one wishes to talk about it; like myself.

2. Someone could be familiar with such places and might wish to help in bringing such a place to life for another who happens to live across the border; like @Butchcassidy.

3. This helps place a person's background in context while discussing relevant issues.

4. People could just use this thread to socialize.

Now, please please please, pretty pretty please, do NOT make this a troll thread.

If some forum-member has parents / grand parents who have a connection with Lahore, or some place close to it, I can help them find more about it.

There must be others like me whose roots are across the border. That is why I have decided to open a new thread where people like myself can exchange notes about our root-places especially if they are across the border. Mine is "Chak Bamu" in Dasua Mandal, Jallandhar, Indian Punjab.

If anyone remembers my introduction on the forum, or wonders about the meaning of my forum name, they would realize that my ancestral roots are across the border in Indian Punjab; specifically Jallandhar Doab.
Salaams from Lahore

I had an idea to start this thread because @Butchcassidy wished to confirm if I had a connection with Chak Bamu (and indeed I do). But I felt that an Off-Topic conversation was not the right thing to do, and he as yet does not have privileges to use PM function. Therefore the only possible route was to open a thread.

But this thread can mean so much if:

1. One has roots from across the brother and one wishes to talk about it; like myself.

2. Someone could be familiar with such places and might wish to help in bringing such a place to life for another who happens to live across the border; like @Butchcassidy.

3. This helps place a person's background in context while discussing relevant issues.

4. People could just use this thread to socialize.

Now, please please please, pretty pretty please, do NOT make this a troll thread.

If some forum-member has parents / grand parents who have a connection with Lahore, or some place close to it, I can help them find more about it.

What pleasant surprise, my roots also goes back to Jhalandhar cantt. My pardada used to work at Army dairy farm. He along with his whole family ( my grand dad, his brothers and sisters, par dadi) all migrated to Lahore. If i take another guess, Are you araain?

Any Pakistani members having roots from my region(Allahabad in UP)???

What pleasant surprise, my roots also goes back to Jhalandhar cantt. My pardada used to work at Army dairy farm. He along with his whole family ( my grand dad, his brothers and sisters, par dadi) all migrated to Lahore. If i take another guess, Are you araain?

Hahahaha!!!

That was quick. Yes I am an Arain, but I do not take this identity seriously, even though Jallandhari Arains think the world of themselves (in general)!

Hahahaha!!!

That was quick. Yes I am an Arain, but I do not take this identity seriously, even though Jallandhari Arains think the world of themselves (in general)!

Lo @LoveIcon Bhai doooo aur Arain Bradran mil gaiii ! :D

This indeed is a great idea.
I can help anyone from Hoshiyarpur district (used to be a part of Jallandhar division before so even if you think that ur ancestors came from Jallandhar, their village might be in Hoshiyarpur district now) whose family migrated during 1947 since a part of my family live there now.
My dad's fathers family is from village Bogre (near Daska) and his mom's family is from chak 45 (between Lyallpur and Jarranwala).

Lo @LoveIcon Bhai doooo aur Arain Bradran mil gaiii ! :D
Bhaijaan tussi wi das deyo aapne pind da naa. Whenever I get a chance to go to Baramulla, I will get the details.

I can help anyone from Hoshiyarpur district (used to be a part of Jallandhar division before so even if you think that ur ancestors came from Jallandhar, their village might be in Hoshiyarpur district now) whose family migrated during 1947 since a part of my family live there now.
My dad's fathers family is from village Bogre (near Daska) and his mom's family is from chak 45 (between Lyallpur and Jarranwala).

I would ask around. I have friends from Daska area, in case you are interested.

I would appreciate it if you could clarify something that has confused me. Was Chak Bamu also known as "Chak GhoRian Da" (Village of/known for Horses)? In any case, my Grand father was Haji Barkat Ali and he owned 40-50 acres there. Also I am interested in knowing the name of smaller village immediately South East of Chak Bamu.

Bhaijaan tussi wi das deyo aapne pind da naa. Whenever I get a chance to go to Baramulla, I will get the details.

a friend of mine is from a village in hoshiyarpur ... mehndipur...near majerian or someplace? his family is settled in lyallpur-now faisalabad..

Hehe but it is in Baramulla district:what:

Nope, I was mistaken !

My Grandpa told me that our village was Khrew near Gulmarg - Maybe Gulmarg was the largest or most important or most well known place in the region hence why he mentioned it as such or maybe back then both Khrew & Gulmarg weren't found in two separate districts as they are now but it was Khrew - the name of the village/town from where I descend from !

Back
Top Bottom