What's new

Roots across the Border

Nope, I was mistaken !

My Grandpa told me that our village was Khrew near Gulmarg - Maybe Gulmarg was the largest or most important or most well known place in the region hence why he mentioned it as such or maybe back then both Khrew & Gulmarg weren't found in two separate districts as they are now but it was Khrew - the name of the village/town from where I descend from !

Gulmarg is in Baramulla district bro.

I would ask around. I have friends from Daska area, in case you are interested.

I would appreciate it if you could clarify something that has confused me. Was Chak Bamu also known as "Chak GhoRian Da" (Village of/known for Horses)? In any case, my Grand father was Haji Barkat Ali and he owned 40-50 acres there. Also I am interested in knowing the name of smaller village immediately South East of Chak Bamu.
Immediate south-east would be Basoa or Lalewal. It might not be "Chak Ghorian da" but "Chak Gorsian da". I think Gorsian might be someones last name. Okay bro next time when i go to India I will definitely click some pics of Chak Bamu. Was the pind entirely muslim arain before 47??

Nope, I was mistaken !

My Grandpa told me that our village was Khrew near Gulmarg - Maybe Gulmarg was the largest or most important or most well known place in the region hence why he mentioned it as such or maybe back then both Khrew & Gulmarg weren't found in two separate districts as they are now but it was Khrew - the name of the village/town from where I descend from !
Gulmarg is a part of Baramulla district. I'll find out about Khrew.

a friend of mine is from a village in hoshiyarpur ... mehndipur...near majerian or someplace? his family is settled in lyallpur-now faisalabad..
Should be Mukerian I think, there is one mehndipur near Chak Bamu also

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom