What's new

Romania moves closer to banning same-sex marriage after 'overwhelming vote'

Valeriu

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Romanian senators have overwhelmingly voted for a measure that could be used to change the country’s constitution so that it defines marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
Romania’s constitution currently defines marriage as a union between “spouses” and the latest vote could be the first step to limiting the definition of marriage in the country.

Senators voted 107-13, with seven abstentions, to allow the referendum to go ahead.

The action follows the launch of a petition which was signed by three million Romanians last year, which demanded that the definition of marriage be changed.

“We’ve been a Christian nation for 2,000 years,” said Serban Nicolae, a senator for the Social Democrats.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...iage-vote-man-woman-wedding-ban-a8534281.html

Now Thats progressive lawmaking

The economy is tanking so they need something to entertain the illiterate masses,ergo......let's invent the gay crusade! Look at the statement from that corrupt MP ..."We've been a Christian nation for 2000 years"......No,we were not,you dimwit! A simple look at a calendar would have told him that....

“We’ve been a Christian nation for 2,000 years,” said Serban Nicolae, a senator for the Social Democrats.

Oh dear lord :lol:. There is an abundance of idiotic politicians everywhere nowadays it seems!

The economy is tanking so they need something to entertain the illiterate masses,ergo......let's invent the gay crusade! Look at the statement from that corrupt MP ..."We've been a Christian nation for 2000 years"......No,we were not,you dimwit! A simple look at a calendar would have told him that....

I am sure he got caught up in the Moment.

What are your Views on this?

I am sure he got caught up in the Moment.

What are your Views on this?

I am not pro gay marriage,but we got bigger fish to fry and this is the attempt of the corrupt ruling clique to hide the real problems,obstruction of the rule of law,economical problems,corruption.

They're heading towards a confrontation with the EU because of their interference in the Justice system and endemic corruption,and,just like in Poland,Hungary, they want excuses for their home voters..."oh look the EU wants our children gay!"

I am not pro gay marriage,but we got bigger fish to fry and this is the attempt of the corrupt ruling clique to hide the real problems,obstruction of the rule of law,economical problems,corruption.

The corrupts play on both sides

They're heading towards a confrontation with the EU because of their interference in the Justice system and endemic corruption,and,just like in Poland,Hungary, they want excuses for their home voters..."oh look the EU wants our children gay!"

Well Thats what politics is for the common man.

So let me ask. If this is being changed. Why now? Has the lawmakers Seen some Trends which are harming the society?

How polarised is Romania in LGBT stand?

Sounds eerily similar to Pakistani 'mob politics'. Appeal to the lowest common denominator and then when the mob is off after whatever scapegoat or threat the corrupt have chosen as a the bait keep on indulging in wholesale corruption. The very mob that is used end up losing out.

The corrupts play on both sides

Well Thats what politics is for the common man.

So let me ask. If this is being changed. Why now? Has the lawmakers Seen some Trends which are harming the society?

How polarised is Romania in LGBT stand?

A petition was launched by pro family NGO's backed by the Church to define marriage between the union of a man and woman,as opossed to between spouses like it's now in the Constitution.It was signed by 3 million people.The current goverment faces economical troubles,it's corrupt to the bone so it decided to shift atention from its mismanagement of the country with this issue.

A petition was launched by pro family NGO's backed by the Church to define marriage between the union of a man and woman,as opossed to between spouses like it's now in the Constitution.It was signed by 3 million people.The current goverment faces economical troubles,it's corrupt to the bone so it decided to shift atention from its mismanagement of the country with this issue.

Thats what governance is actually.

Atleast will be Happy in a sense they are making the law of the Land.

Kinda win win for you right?

Just like in Serbia.

Our president want to make a "historical deal" with fake entity called "Kosovo", with overhelming population against it, and then suddenly he wants to make military service mandatory again to please illiterate masses to push that deal in more softer way.

Just like in Serbia.

Our president want to make a "historical deal" with fake entity called "Kosovo", with overhelming population against it, and then suddenly he wants to make military service mandatory again to please illiterate masses to push that deal in more softer way.

I was shocked when Serbia elected a Lesbo as Prime Minister last year I thought it was not possible in a Orthodox Christian nation like Serbia

Kick them out of the EU. Send back the Roma gypsies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom