What's new

Rohingya Ethnic Cleansing - Updates & Discussions

Waz bhai, what is your opinion on Pakistan selling JF-17 to Myanmar?

You know what bhai it's like people said business and other ties have trumped this issue. Pakistan has extensive contacts with the Burmese military, but then again these have been there for decades. I would like Pakistan to talk to Burma about this, or at least guarantee the safety of civilians. But then again who am I to tell Burma about anything, it's their country.

why ti depend on UN,you guys have OIC,make use of it for something,there are so many muslim countries.why cant they take some.

Are JF-17s specifically being used to kill Rohingyas? Pakistan deciding not to sell JF-17s to Myanmar will not stop the Burmese from killing Rohingyas. Pakistan cannot stop or slow that.

Symbolism more than anything else.

Pakistan can choose not to do business with this nasty regime.

I don't understand why these people are not given refuge by Bangladesh and India en masse? With my limited understanding, weren't these guys originally from the areas that now are part of Bangladesh and India and migrated to Myanmar?

And I can see that Indains definitely leave no opportunity to drag Pakistan in to this. Well Pakistan has given refuge to quiet a few Rohingyas. To be honest with you, there isn't much more that Pakistan can do except provide refuge. The JF-17s are not being used to bomb these people, Pakistan alone isn't the chawki daar of the Ummah, the other richer and more influential countries could easily bring this up in U.N or provide some sort of relief to these people, but they've done nil themselves.

Last time I checked there are 200,000 Rohingyas living in Pakistan compared to India or Bangladesh where these people are originally from. Maybe it is these countries that should grow a pair and accept these poor people back?

Are JF-17s specifically being used to kill Rohingyas? Pakistan deciding not to sell JF-17s to Myanmar will not stop the Burmese from killing Rohingyas. Pakistan cannot stop or slow that.

Well it makes Pakistan position somewhat lose ethically from the "ummah" perspective. Thats why I asked.

But I actually support Pakistan seeing beyond this and making the pragmatic decision. "Ummah" has done much to cooperate with India after all.....KSA even bestowed their highest honour on Modi.

I mean China is going to keep arming Myanmar, with or without Pakistan cooperation. Same with India, we have good relations with Myanmar military as well....they buy our products too. So I don't mean anything from that standpoint really, just checking if any Pakistanis have any issues with this policy.

Has Pakistan made any official comment on the current rohingya tensions?

I don't understand why these people are not given refuge by Bangladesh and India en masse? With my limited understanding, weren't these guys originally from the areas that now are part of Bangladesh and India and migrated to Myanmar?

And I can see that Indains definitely leave no opportunity to drag Pakistan in to this. Well Pakistan has given refuge to quiet a few Rohingyas. To be honest with you, there isn't much more that Pakistan can do except provide refuge. The JF-17s are not being used to bomb these people, Pakistan alone isn't the chawki daar of the Ummah, the other richer and more influential countries could easily bring this up in U.N or provide some sort of relief to these people, but they've done nil themselves.

Last time I checked there are 200,000 Rohingyas living in Pakistan compared to India or Bangladesh where these people are originally from. Maybe it is these countries that should grow a pair and accept these poor people back?

Why should India taken in any? We host enough illegals as it is, that we are seeking to deport back.

These people (Rohingya) are Bangladeshi illegals. Burma has given citizenship to its original Arakan Muslim tribes.

Bangladesh should certainly take in these illegals, and all their illegals that their neighbours are fed up with.

Why should India taken in any? We host enough illegals as it is, that we are seeking to deport back.

These people (Rohingya) are Bangladeshi illegals. Burma has given citizenship to its original Arakan Muslim tribes.

Bangladesh should certainly take in these illegals, and all their illegals that their neighbours are fed up with.

These won't be illegals in India, Indian Bengal and what is now Bangladesh is where these people come from. If India is truly a secular state which does not distinguish between religious groups then it must accept these people back. I mean if there are enough Indians who actively campaign for Roma people because they migrated over a thousand years ago from India to Europe, why can't Indians campaign for these people who left barely 200~ years? And religion shouldn't really be an issue since Romas aren't actually Hindus anymore either but I've met Indians who get very emotional when Romas are persecuted in Europe. I don't see why India doesn't have a moral responsibility to look after these people as well if the same is the case for Romas.

Symbolism more than anything else.

Right, so it won't actually accomplish anything significant.

Pakistan can choose not to do business with this nasty regime.

It's not really the "regime". The Burmese people themselves are the biggest issue. Many monks have joined in too and are some of the worst offenders. The regime itself has nothing to gain from these mass killings. It makes them and their country look bad. The Burmese people hate the Rohingyas and support ethnic cleansing, that's the issue. Pakistan refusing to deal with this regime will not change that.

These won't be illegals in India, Indian Bengal and what is now Bangladesh is where these people come from. If India is truly a secular state which does not distinguish between religious groups then it must accept these people back. I mean if there are enough Indians who actively campaign for Roma people because they migrated over a thousand years ago from India to Europe, why can't Indians campaign for these people who left barely 200~ years? And religion shouldn't really be an issue since Romas aren't actually Hindus anymore either but I've met Indians who get very emotional when Romas are persecuted in Europe. I don't see why India doesn't have a moral responsibility to look after these people as well if the same is the case for Romas.

They never came from Indian part of bengal, we reject that. Their language is a chittagongian dialect, Chittagong is part of Bangladesh today. They can all be resettled there.

India has nothing to do with these people at all. The ones that want to come to India can migrate legally on our terms....we will analyse their utility and integration ability on case by case basis.

They never came from Indian part of bengal, we reject that. Their language is a chittagongian dialect, Chittagong is part of Bangladesh today. They can all be resettled there.

India has nothing to do with these people at all. The ones that want to come to India can migrate legally on our terms....we will analyse their utility and integration ability on case by case basis.

Dialects don't matter, a Punjabi is a punjabi no matter what dialect he speaks. To be honest, most of them definitely do probably come from what is now Bangladesh, but I am glad you accept that India should at least accept those who are willing to peacefully relocate to India. I hope the Bangladeshis can also accept this, especially the ones who are constantly lecturing Pakistan on humanity etc because of the past.

The British did a survey of Palestine, including the history since the beginning of the Mandate.

http://www.palestineremembered.com/Articles/A-Survey-of-Palestine/Story6479.html

In that, they note that the Arabs complain that Jews are allowed to purchase land from Arabs.

(From page 38)

View attachment 355603

There are plenty of Israeli sources, but i looked for sources which are pro palestinian.

https://attendingtheworld.wordpress.com/2008/08/02/palestine-and-the-first-zionist-colony-1878/

That claims that 60,000 Jews immigrated to Palestine between 1878 and 1914.
Not having that. 60,000 sounds too much :lol:
There wasn't much Jews in the empire, Ottoman Empire was poor towards the end, Jews moved away.
But you're telling me a lot moved to a desert land in the middle of nowhere? Jews did live there, but very small in numbers.certainly not 60,000

Dialects don't matter, a Punjabi is a punjabi no matter what dialect he speaks. To be honest, most of them definitely do probably come from what is now Bangladesh, but I am glad you accept that India should at least accept those who are willing to peacefully relocate to India. I hope the Bangladeshis can also accept this, especially the ones who are constantly lecturing Pakistan on humanity etc because of the past.

The greater burden lies on Bangladesh to accept they are their people. They are from the chittagong area if you look at the history and their language.

Dialects do matter if they identify a specific region a people originate from.

That is how and why India took back many Tamils from Sri Lanka in 1964....but other Tamils stayed in SL since they clearly had way more established SL roots....manifested in dialect and culture.

Surely Bangladesh can do the same with Burma? Any Rohingya that can trace their family lineage to Indian bengal or are not muslim etc....India definitely will take a strong look at accomodating into India. But I can tell you right now thats a tiny tiny handful, most are Chittagong BD people who spread over there during British Raj and later.

Bangladesh has already saddled us with many of their illegals, we are not taking in anymore.....those that can migrate legally can potentially be accepted, but that will be on our terms and much of that depends on how BD accepts its own illegals back from India....many millions of them. Rohingya do not get any automatic pass into India.....Chittagong is part of Bangladesh......if it elected to join Indian union during partition, then that would be a different story today. But that stays a hypothetical.

But yes you are right about BD lecturing you and others from their self-declared holier than thou position....but this subforum should be an eye-opening experience about what they (BD elite) are really like....it certainly was for me. They are not good at implementing their morality in real life....you can look at their actions against the CHT tribes as well to get an idea of this.

The greater burden lies on Bangladesh to accept they are their people. They are from the chittagong area if you look at the history and their language.

Dialects do matter if they identify a specific region a people originate from.

That is how and why India took back many Tamils from Sri Lanka in 1964....but other Tamils stayed in SL since they clearly had way more established SL roots....manifested in dialect and culture.

Surely Bangladesh can do the same with Burma? Any Rohingya that can trace their family lineage to Indian bengal or are not muslim etc....India definitely will take a strong look at accomodating into India. But I can tell you right now thats a tiny tiny handful, most are Chittagong BD people who spread over there during British Raj and later.

Bangladesh has already saddled us with many of their illegals, we are not taking in anymore.....those that can migrate legally can potentially be accepted, but that will be on our terms and much of that depends on how BD accepts its own illegals back from India....many millions of them. Rohingya do not get any automatic pass into India.....Chittagong is part of Bangladesh......if it elected to join Indian union during partition, then that would be a different story today. But that stays a hypothetical.

But yes you are right about BD lecturing you and others from their self-declared holier than thou position....but this subforum should be an eye-opening experience about what they (BD elite) are really like....it certainly was for me. They are not good at implementing their morality in real life....you can look at their actions against the CHT tribes as well to get an idea of this.

Fair enough..

Back
Top Bottom