What's new

Rishi Sunak, of Indian heritage is new UK Prime Minister

Dont lie dude

5. Punjabi Diaspora​

Mostly found in Northern India and Pakistan, Punjabis are one of the largest ethnic groups on the face of the earth. They belong to the Indo-Aryan race. They overwhelm other ethnic Indians and Pakistanis by their sheer population of 88 million. About 20 million of that total live in Punjab, India, while 68 million are in Pakistani Punjab. Historically, these two regions were the ancestral homelands of the Punjabi people. As a people, they are industrious, loud, and full of humor. The so-called Punjabi identity is the coming together of many groups of people who lived in the Punjab states of India and Pakistan.

Le @Indos

Got the reply ?????

Of course not, we hate him more then the white people

But GE is coming and he will be wiped out

He only became PM because his father in law is a multi Billionaire, don't you forget it.
I believe in my life that if you have a question in your mind, you will get the answer to it one day.
You just answered one of my such questions. The question was: Why Rishi married this woman?

It’s to be seen if he will lead his party into the next election. His economic policy by default has been vindicated resulting from Truss’ flop. As you mentioned, the ethnic milestone of his premiership is largely irrelevant to polling unlike Obama’s victories across the pond.

He will enact public service cuts whilst avoiding using the “A” word and continue with the energy bill subsidy. Else I’m not too sure about; I largely stopped following this circus when Bojo left.

His economic policy is a shambles. The dude as chancellor wasted tens of billions on covid schemes with no accountability. He mounted UK debt to 2 trillion.
Yes he said Truss should have been careful but plenty of others also said the same, that doesn't make them PM material.
The services cuts will finish off the Tories forever and they won't be electable for the next 10 years and that's being generous.
By the way the energy subsidy is coming to an end in bloody April, he has no plans for anything past that and has gone on record for saying that he thinks they shouldn't be touched!!

This man got in through 195 people, he is not electable and never will be and hated by the vast majority of the population. That's why they already are calling him 'the deadman walking'.

Last edited:
Oh dear anyone see him entering Downing Street before his speech? Mass boos and people hurling abuse.
Never seen that since that to this extent.

A hilarious firestorm of a discussion, as expected on this part of the internet.

Mixed feelings on this one.

Personally, having lived 24/32 years of my life in the UK, it's time to say enough of this damp, rapidly de-industrializing Island of misery with soaring living costs, low salaries, food banks, tragically underpaid public sector workers, and overly cynical pessimistic population with no ambition. Europe/west on the whole is going through a civilizational menopause. And no one has menopause quite as bad as the Brits.

It's not a place where the highly educated (in STEM) can strive that well, unlike the US, or even many/all of its European piers. This is why it has a shockingly high brain drain, especially after Brexit. In my company, our UK division has the worst industrial performance, with the least educated workforce.

Britbongers place a higher emphasis on perceived merit than actual merit. It's evident in the way their companies/businesses are run, and even more evident in their politics. It's why the Conservative party overwhelmingly chose Truss over Sunak the first time. On a pure merit base, Sunak was clearly ahead. Yet they chose the low-IQ AngloSaxon bimbo with her A-level economics coursework policies.

I won't lie, even as a Bangladeshi, I do derive some satisfaction in seeing a Brown token boy at the helm of the "empire". It's hilariously ironic from a historic perspective.

What's even more satisfying is seeing the over-representations of brown/yellow/black faces in fields that require actual merit. Go to the most remote, ethnically White places in Britain, yet your local Pharmacist, GP, or Surgeon, is more likely to have a surname like Patel than Packington. Visit any top STEM faculties across the country, and see the over-representation of Asian names, usually Indians and Chinese, admittedly. The few English names remaining are usually from the older generation. At this rate, in 10 years time, they'll be pretty much run by Asians. Search for any scientific publications in top journals, and marvel at the proportion of non-European surnames on the list of authors.

I recall my recent Ph.D. graduation. I felt really sorry for the head of school, who had to read out names that were phonetically implausible for the English tongue. The list was full of surnames like Adeoye, Lui, Zhao, Patel, Chakraborty, Abdullah, Yang, Wu, Sivan, Kumaraswamy, and Adejuyigbe. Very few Jones and Richards on that list.

Ethnic British folks find themselves to be among the least educated demographics with the lowest rate of further (tertiary) education, and in the long term (because meritocracy will always win), socioeconomic standing. They have the least stable households, a shockingly high number of domestic violence. No wonder their children end up underperforming.

They have stood at the top of the civilization mountain for 300 years. They feel like it's their natural place. Yet the current generation did not climb the mountain themselves. When they see other folks climbing the same mountain, they appear intolerably smug and condescending. But that will only get you so far. In the end, meritocracy always wins.

If only English families were half as good at raising their children as raising their dogs, they wouldn't find themselves in such a shameful position in their own country.

PS: the summary was more about the Asian diaspora at large, rather than Sunak himself, who is most likely a fall guy, a brown token boy for the dying Tory party.

A hilarious firestorm of a discussion, as expected on this part of the internet.

Mixed feelings on this one.

Personally, having lived 24/32 years of my life in the UK, it's time to say enough of this damp, rapidly de-industrializing Island of misery with soaring living costs, low salaries, food banks, tragically underpaid public sector workers, and overly cynical pessimistic population with no ambition. Europe/west on the whole is going through a civilizational menopause. And no one has menopause quite as bad as the Brits.

It's not a place where the highly educated (in STEM) can strive that well, unlike the US, or even many/all of its European piers. This is why it has a shockingly high brain drain, especially after Brexit. In my company, our UK division has the worst industrial performance, with the least educated workforce.

Britbongers place a higher emphasis on perceived merit than actual merit. It's evident in the way their companies/businesses are run, and even more evident in their politics. It's why the Conservative party overwhelmingly chose Truss over Sunak the first time. On a pure merit base, Sunak was clearly ahead. Yet they chose the low-IQ AngloSaxon bimbo with her A-level economics coursework policies.

I won't lie, even as a Bangladeshi, I do derive some satisfaction in seeing a Brown token boy at the helm of the "empire". It's hilariously ironic from a historic perspective.

What's even more satisfying is seeing the over-representations of brown/yellow/black faces in fields that require actual merit. Go to the most remote, ethnically White places in Britain, yet your local Pharmacist, GP, or Surgeon, is more likely to have a surname like Patel than Packington. Visit any top STEM faculties across the country, and see the over-representation of Asian names, usually Indians and Chinese, admittedly. The few English names remaining are usually from the older generation. At this rate, in 10 years time, they'll be pretty much run by Asians. Search for any scientific publications in top journals, and marvel at the proportion of non-European surnames on the list of authors.

I recall my recent Ph.D. graduation. I felt really sorry for the head of school, who had to read out names that were phonetically implausible for the English tongue. The list was full of surnames like Adeoye, Lui, Zhao, Patel, Chakraborty, Abdullah, Yang, Wu, Sivan, Kumaraswamy, and Adejuyigbe. Very few Jones and Richards on that list.

Ethnic British folks find themselves to be among the least educated demographics with the lowest rate of further (tertiary) education, and in the long term (because meritocracy will always win), socioeconomic standing. They have the least stable households, a shockingly high number of domestic violence. No wonder their children end up underperforming.

They have stood at the top of the civilization mountain for 300 years. They feel like it's their natural place. Yet the current generation did not climb the mountain themselves. When they see other folks climbing the same mountain, they appear intolerably smug and condescending. But that will only get you so far. In the end, meritocracy always wins.

If only English families were half as good at raising their children as raising their dogs, they wouldn't find themselves in such a shameful position in their own country.

PS: the summary was more about the Asian diaspora at large, rather than Sunak himself, who is most likely a fall guy, a brown token boy for the dying Tory party.

@mike2000 is back your respond please............

Mate

London has elected a 2 term Pakistani mayor called Sadiq khan in power, it has made no difference to my live except this idiot imposed a stealth tax on diesel cars wants to go more harder on drivers.

Former Pms , Boris and truss had two Indian Home Secretary in charge. Turned out to be more anti immigrant s than whites. These ethnic minorities who get elected in to power are no friends of yours and mine. They work help only their careers and backers !!!
Except that Rishi has buisness interests in india thanks to his father in law who is the big boss at infosys.

He should put end to monarchy and call for fresh elections as he doesn't have mandate of the people, he is PM by accident.

Back
Top Bottom