What's new

Rise of Islam in Bengal, role of migration

mostly bengali muslim converts are dalits(utouchable) and bengali hindus are either baniya or brahmin by the way indian bengali girls(hindus) are one of the cutest and sharp minded girls in india
well they might have been dalits but now they rule their own country thanks to islam.
if they remained hindus they would probably be still sweeping streets for indians higher castes.

well they might have been dalits but now they rule their own country thanks to islam.
if they remained hindus they would probably be still sweeping streets for indians higher castes.

Nobody was dalit in Bengal, i dont know about Pakistan dude. All dalits left for the newly created country named India. :)

I'm not a nair Dalit, u wouldn't look out of place in Tamil Nadu. And what do u mean better bred? Look at ur picture, ur standing in front of a computer like u have never seen one in ur life. Lol Bangladesh is the poorest place in South Asia and ur talking about "better bred".
Dreaming is good for mental health. Keep it up.
BD is the poorest in south Asia? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

^ee bangalikale kondu waiya :o

Nair of so called ruling class women (as good as African tribes)
Nair_Women.jpg

Even the lowest caste female were better dressed up than tribal Nair of that time

img_3560.jpg

Solvent women

rare-100-year-old-photos-india-british-raj-era.jpg

Mr idiot again show his intelligence ,this is the intelligence you quoting.
Quoting a black and white picture having age old history.

Youvtwisted your opinion with your convenience.You don't like British Raja history when it comes to the BD.But you like when it comes to the others.

t

Last edited:
Ok i found more about Nair in Kerala.. these people were actually slaves of Namboodiri -- and the supplier of body guard and prostitutes for Namboodiri bhramin. Yak

What an idiot.
you again show your stupidity.
During that time even Nair men marry Brahmins women.So what Mr .
Brahmins can marry more women's in that time.But they opt higher caste that is why they Nair women.
Mr @iajdani what about nairs in BD .You again forgot to post proofs.

I did not claim to be an warrior the Alexander the Great... :)

But we have warriors tradition.
Now read this Mr @iajdani you

Battle of the Nedumkotta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry you can't compare us with BD.

Last edited:
Thats the point.. Even a dalit of BD are better bred than a Nair in India (the upper caste). Now you know your place...;)

You call yourselves as an intelligent man and now you call yourselves as a beautiful man.You are a big embarrassment to other reputed BD Ian here.
Funny So Shasi Tharoor is a dalit ? Even a beautiful Pakistan woman aim him.
Go and compare others with your size.You are not a match for us
@Nair saab we got a guy

Dreaming is good for mental health. Keep it up.
BD is the poorest in south Asia? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Really??
Then what is this BD?
Switzerland in South Asia.Now here we see worst case of pole vaulter rs
from BD in India .especially in South India Kerala , TN etc.

Last edited:
Don't bring your Dalit nonsense and pretend it's something Bangladeshis know about or you expect us to know about. Gtfo.

Sorry friend I don't mean to hurt other Bangladeshisis .But that man start these he started to insult me when I mentioned about my race.Even he interfere when I talk to respectable member

ee kundanmarude jada kandal vicharikum avarude amma evidee prasaavichitt poyatha ee nai****makaale

Bro .Use our language in Kerala corner.Otherwise mods may handle
your post.

Thats the point.. Even a dalit of BD are better bred than a Nair in India (the upper caste). Now you know your place...;)
Nobody was dalit in Bengal, i dont know about Pakistan dude. All dalits left for the newly created country named India. :)
Thats very funny. How on earth can a guy from Bangladesh even compare himself with Indians.
Bangladesh and Afghanistan are the least developed and worst regions of South Asia and you try to
insult Indians like the people from Kerala which is one of the most developed regions of South Asia.
Bangladeshis are mostly known for doing menial work in India. Even in the past the Bangladeshis didn't achieve anything
as Bangladesh was for thousands of years under foreign Turkic and British rule. You even needed the help of India
to liberate Bangladesh from the oppression and occupation of Pakistan.

↑↑ Post reported @Chak Bamu

Another important but under-examined aspect of trade throughout greater Asia is the connection between maritime and overland trade. Overland trade routes were often complimented by sea routes; the two types of networks worked in tandem. Between 750 and 1000 Arab traders from the Caliphate in Baghdad could travel by sea from the Persian Gulf through the Indian Ocean to the South China Sea or cross by land through former Sogdian territory into China's western region. The settlements of Arab traders in Sri Lanka in this period resulted in the connection of long-distance trade between the Persian Gulf region and China's southern seaport of Nanhai (Guangzhou).31 Further west along the South China coast was Hepu, often described the maritime gateway for merchants traveling to or from the easternmost sections of the overland Southwestern Silk Road.32 Along the way several seaports acted as starting points for northerly connections to the prevailing East-West overland routes that flourished when inland empires were at peace; in turn, these gave way to sea routes when the peace was lost. One such hybrid maritime-overland route involved Indian Ocean traders crossing the Bay of Bengal to land at the mouth of the Irrawaddy River and load or unload cargo that traveled the river valleys north to the southern spur of the Southwestern Silk Road mentioned above.33
Such trade links fits well into the general trend of "Southernization" described by Lynda Shaffer in world historical terms, as Indian Ocean trade by Arab, South Asian and Southeast Asian seafarers created alternate routes for the 12th-century East-West circulation of goods between South China and the Mediterranean region.34 The important role maritime links played in sustaining overland routes through northern Southeast Asia into China's southern frontier until the end of the Song dynasty should not be ignored, just as we must keep in mind the complementary role played by Southwestern Silk Road in global connections.

This is mainly talking about the maritime route which probably started from the time you mentioned, 750 AD. But I'm talking about the overland route which dates back to the antiquity.

Southwestern route[edit]
The southwestern route is believed to be the Ganges/Brahmaputra Delta, which has been the subject of international interest for over two millennia. Strabo, the 1st-century Roman writer, mentions the deltaic lands: "Regarding merchants who now sail from Egypt...as far as the Ganges, they are only private citizens..." His comments are interesting as Roman beads and other materials are being found at Wari-Bateshwar ruins, the ancient city with roots from much earlier, before the Bronze Age, presently being slowly excavated beside the Old Brahmaputra in Bangladesh. Ptolemy's map of the Ganges Delta, a remarkably accurate effort, showed that his informants knew all about the course of the Brahmaputra River, crossing through the Himalayas then bending westward to its source in Tibet. It is doubtless that this delta was a major international trading center, almost certainly from much earlier than the Common Era. Gemstones and other merchandise from Thailand and Java were traded in the delta and through it. Chinese archaeological writer Bin Yang and some earlier writers and archaeologists, such as Janice Stargardt, strongly suggest this route of international trade as Sichuan-Yunnan-Burma-Bangladesh route. According to Bin Yang, especially from the 12th century the route was used to ship bullion from Yunnan (gold and silver are among the minerals in which Yunnan is rich), through northern Burma, into modern Bangladesh, making use of the ancient route, known as the 'Ledo' route. The emerging evidence of the ancient cities of Bangladesh, in particular Wari-Bateshwar ruins, Mahasthangarh, Bhitagarh, Bikrampur, Egarasindhur, and Sonargaon, are believed to be the international trade centers in this route.

You have posted the source yourself, thanks. Just locate these archaeological sites which were international trade centers on the Southwest Silk Route as mentioned in your post, Wari-Bateshwar, Mahasthangarh, Bhitagarh, Bikrampur, Egarasindhur, and Sonargaon, it will create a string of dots connecting Rangpur, Dhaka and Chittagong, following the course of Brahmaputra, as I said before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom