What's new

RIP to Kaveri

Air Craft Engine development is complex engineering task. China with all its efforts of stealing technologies, reverse engineering can't make one decent engine. What Concerns me most is not the engine failure, the Indian government is negotiating with Scnema for producing alternate engine for nearly last 5 years. Even after 5 years(say 2016), they will still negotiate. They waste plenty of time in negotiating. A new engine could have been produced in this negotiating time period. Just like MRCA deal which has been going for last 10 years. If the deal was signed 10 years, india would have gotten all of its MRCA fighters by now. Even tortoise is faster than decision making of government. Such a slow pace, incompetence, carelessness, lack of concern for national security is most critical concern than anything else.

it is yes very complicated but what chinese developing for their jf-17 we can also develop that level engine, kaveri is that engine having comparable having 81kN.

Air Craft Engine development is complex engineering task. China with all its efforts of stealing technologies, reverse engineering can't make one decent engine.

We evil chinese admit that our engine is not the best but functional :lol:

What Concerns me most is not the engine failure, the Indian government is negotiating with Scnema for producing alternate engine for nearly last 5 years. Even after 5 years(say 2016), they will still negotiate. They waste plenty of time in negotiating.

So naive, France is not dumb enought to allow you get their technologies and be eventually their competitor, they will drag their feets to milk few multi billions contract until the engine is outdated...up until then you still won't get anything...you indian just don't have any leverage in your negociation.

Last edited by a moderator:
We evil chinese admit that our engine is not the best but functional :lol:

So naive, France is not dumb enought to allow you get their technologies and be eventually their competitor, they will drag their feets to milk few multi billions contract until the engine is outdated...up until then you still won't get anything...you indian just don't have any leverage in your negociation.

What did China use as leverage in their negotiations with foreign corporations?

Last edited by a moderator:
What did China use as leverage in their negotiations with foreign corporations?

Simple...foreign corporations knew that if everyting fail after negociation, China still has last option to "COPY" :lol::lol: but India don't has that option or don't even dare to consider that option.

The ovious example is Russian Mi-17...initially they don't want to have a production plan in China but they know that either they like or not China still has option to copy it as Su-27...instead of get nothing they prefer to let China product Mi-17 and they can milk some profits from prodction deal.

He misunderstood and as usual thought he is the one correct, was trying to educate others!!! :rofl:

Another one!!!! Chinese words are believed like 'universal truth'!!! Will never try to justify it by himself instead added another food calculation!!! :lol:

A bit of bitter comment for a multiplication error isn't?

umm, We do have leverage, its called 12 billion dollars with assurances that we wont copy which ensures the best sellers. heard of it?

Yeah, for the MMRCA which will keep either Dassault or EADS afloat. A profit is one thing but a deal that keeps the compnay afloat is another thing entirely. The europeans will lease their mothers for 12 bil with some assurances in this economy

umm, We do have leverage, its called 12 billion dollars with assurances that we wont copy which ensures the best sellers. heard of it?

...And you got your scnema deal with your leverage? nobody care if you have 12 billions dollars with assurancesthat India won't copy...if they really trust you got your deal way long time ago...simple as that

Im sure that the F 18 was a good plane but the fact that the Europeans want the MMRCA more means thell give more for it. EADS is wanting to transfer the single crystal blade tech to india if they choose EF. And the fact that we wont copy their stuff and bak halfway out of the deal is ok with them. (This not me judging you here, its just diff models, Yours helps you make Fighters inhouse we do it with Large deals and trust and tech transfers. Persoanlly I'm impressed and happy China managed to make as much as it did AESA and all) A multipolar world is good for all of us

...And you got your scnema deal with your leverage? nobody care if you have 12 billions dollars with assurancesthat India won't copy...if they really trust you got your deal way long time ago...simple as that

Sure they do, they wanted to tie it with MMRCA, and so EADS offered their engine tech to counter this. Its pretty clear, we've drawn it out to increase the desperation of dassault especially as they spent ALOT on design but haven't gotten sales to recover that cost.

Sure they do, they wanted to tie it with MMRCA, and so EADS offered their engine tech to counter this. Its pretty clear, we've drawn it out to increase the desperation of dassault especially as they spent ALOT on design but haven't gotten sales to recover that cost.

If that's the case than congratulation...but I still reluctant to think that these two either France or EADS gonna transfer the core technologies of the Engine...it remains to be seen.

If that's the case than congratulation...but I still reluctant to think that these two either France or EADS gonna transfer the core technologies of the Engine...it remains to be seen.
8ak - Indian Defence News
if we choose EF we get tech for 5th gen engines and prolly be too late for tejas MK2, ie well have to use GE for that. or maybe even the RR engine. i think it may be a delaying tactic to get more out of the french.
I dont care, either way well get a good fighter.

spark has turned into a troll:lol:
thread without source:angry:

get help from french,still have mmrca

Spark can you scan that article? Not that I'm surprised, but would be interesting to see some details on the problems.

Here's the link: DRDO Official Statement

Don't you doubt that! :angry:

:what:
What kind of joke is this? Where did you got this? Kaveri just successfully completed high altitude test at Russia.

That is also Captain Spark! :chilli: will wait for a news confirmation.

US did not stopped either after so many projects were canceled. It is not like producing something in India under ToT and giving it a name. So you will not understand. lol

oiiiii gaaav vaaalom.... its not that i made up the news... its just that i have said it . The article is not yet available online. And i cant scan it this early or manorama will sue me.

Anyway i will send a link of pic taken by cam . Hope it serves as source.

Captain SpArK

2hyx94h.jpg

Back
Top Bottom