What's new

Revoke the notorious Blasphemy Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
whatever the reason, it was people of pakistan who voted ppp in. the ppp didnt force their way in.

PPP is a liberal party whats wrong if people of Pakistan voted for it???

vote bank of PPP doesnt have anything to do with popularity of Zardari

there is nothing wrong with voting ppp, i only said that it was people of pakistan who voted the ppp in.

"Well, Thrasymachus said, have you never heard that forms of government differ; there are tyrannies, and there are democracies, and there are aristocracies?

Yes, I know. (Socrates)

And the government is the ruling power in each state?

Certainly.

And the different forms of government make laws democratical, aristocratical, tyrannical, with a view to their several interests; and these laws, which are made by them for their own interests, are the justice which they deliver to their subjects, and him who transgresses them they punish as a breaker of the law, and unjust. And that is what I mean when I say that in all states there is the same principle of justice, which is the interest of the government; and as the government must be supposed to have power, the only reasonable conclusion is, that everywhere there is one principle of justice, which is the interest of the stronger. "

The Republic by Plato

Extremist use religion as a tool to control ppl...and their mind

but what beats me is that blasphemy is not even an Islamic concept to begin with.

no, in this case i will not blame the 'extremist'. using the term extremist means that there is a very small minority of people who are 'imposing' their views on the manjority.

sadly, the majority feels this way. they need to made to see right. till then don't expect a repeal of the law.

But isnt he teh face of PPP?? Hes no dictator i believe.He is taking decisions that have a consent from the top bridge of PPP

but what beats me is that blasphemy is not even an Islamic concept to begin with.

no, in this case i will not blame the 'extremist'. using the term extremist means that there is a very small minority of people who are 'imposing' their views on the manjority.

sadly, the majority feels this way. they need to made to see right. till then don't expect a repeal of the law.

I have a feeling it's going to get much worse. The extremists have just tasted blood.

i wonder what will be the outcome of next general election? who will win and who will lose?

An especial problem of unicameral parliamentary systems:

A Popular Assembly without a Senate cannot be wise
A Senate without a Popular Assembly will not be honest

- James Harrington, 1657 link

If it is same as in Saudi Arabia, then it surely is!
Pakistan is just following the foot steps of Jedah/

But isnt he teh face of PPP?? Hes no dictator i believe.He is taking decisions that have a consent from the top bridge of PPP

what you suggest what PPP should do with regard to Zardari ???

he is not face of PPP but its also part of wisdom on politics not to harm the party by going against the leadership at a time when you feel its going to break the party.

he is not face of PPP but its also part of wisdom on politics not to harm the party by going against the leadership at a time when you feel its going to break the party.

So clever crooks are okey then, like in India?

i wonder what will be the outcome of next general election? who will win and who will lose?

It will be mix because almost all parties are in the same boat. Public had tested all of them ranging from PPP to PML-N to MMA and to ANP.

all failed to work for development so none are expected to have a clear majority. so all in all a hung parliament i guess

So clever crooks are okey then, like in India?

The politics in India and Pakistan is crooks' based nothing for public. still the public go to vote stand in long lines in chilling or sizzling weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom