What's new

Reuters Reporting Typhoon will win MMRCA

Since the Typhoons made mince meat of MKIs during second phase of India Danush, it makes logic for the IAF to go for the European fighter.
However the price tag and the consortium issue are major hurdles.
It's also worth noting that after former PAF Air chief Tanvir took a familiarization flight while visiting UK, he didn't acknowledge any interest in the aircraft.

There are reports that ASEA wont be ready for Typhoon till 2015 or something in MCRA thread..so i dont think it will be selected..It will be most likely Rafale or F-18..

Since the Typhoons made mince meat of MKIs during second phase of India Danush, it makes logic for the IAF to go for the European fighter.
However the price tag and the consortium issue are major hurdles.
It's also worth noting that after former PAF Air chief Tanvir took a familiarization flight while visiting UK, he didn't acknowledge any interest in the aircraft.

That's a bold statement considering the results are classified, of course if i'm wrong you can shorly post a link to back your claim, cant you?

No details were released regarding the results

“The operational part of the ‘Exercise Indradhanush-2007’ began with a series of 1 vs 1 air combat sorties… The RAF pilots were candid in their admission of the Su-30 MKI’s observed superior manouevring in the air, just as they had studied, prepared and anticipated. [emphasis DID’s] The IAF pilots on their part were also visibly impressed by the Typhoon’s agility in the air.

Typhoon vs. SU-30MKI: The 2007 Indra Dhanush Exercise

Last edited:
^^ What about Redflag when USAF officer said that Indians were trying to Impress them by doing air show maneuvers during exercise.:rofl:

^^ What about Redflag when USAF officer said that Indians were trying to Impress them by doing air show maneuvers during exercise.:rofl:

When did that happened??As far as i know..That officer said Indian Airforce Pilots are professionals..Man you guy create a lot of news by your selves :disagree: ..

What about it?

The USAF mustards its best pilots to go up against the MKI, those same F-15 pilots trained against the F-22. Besides all of the negatives the F-15 pilot had to say about the Indian pilots he also stated a good pilot in the SU-30MKI can beat the F-15, besides the Indians came away better pilots, but i fail to see how this relates to the topic.

Please stick to the topic.

Last edited:

He also said that mkis had turmanskies and and and.... mkis loose altitude during cobra maneuver :chilli::chilli:

coming back to the topic, how did german ambassedor know about the results.

When did that happened??As far as i know..That officer said Indian Airforce Pilots are professionals..Man you guy create a lot of news by your selves :disagree: ..

Do you think i say baseless things seiko?

The Indians tried to use their post stall maneuvering (i.e. "air show tricks") early and often. The US pilots had learned to counter such moves through mock ACM with the F-22. They used the tactics they had developed to easily move in behind the Flankers when they started "sinking" and to quote the pilot, "drilled their brains out with guns". http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif

The Indians tried to use their post stall maneuvering (i.e. "air show tricks") early and often. The US pilots had learned to counter such moves through mock ACM with the F-22. They used the tactics they had developed to easily move in behind the Flankers when they started "sinking" and to quote the pilot, "drilled their brains out with guns". http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif

Buddy topic is about Typhoon. We should talk about Typhoon rather then Su-30mki. Even discussing 2 Typhoon chewed 8 F-15s is off topic. Topic is what italy reported. Is it true or just a hype. The question someone asked why india would choose something expensive then JSF-35 then answer is 'because we have two threats in our neighbour'. War with them same time typhoon will come handy.

Joke of the year. EF is simply too expensive and it will cost IAF as much as PAK-FA.

Oh c'mon. Don't spill out your disappointment at the fact that Pakistan cannot even purchase an additional squadron of F-16s without US financial aid.

We have sufficient funds to buy this jet. And needless to say, the cost of jet will come down once the manufacturing shifts from Europe to India. Besides, India will also be exporting key Eurofighter avionics -

?We will shift workload from Germany to India in the area of avionics? - Corporate News - livemint.com

Black blood yaar this doesnt say they are trying it to impress US pilots..may be they were training..anyway leave it

@boo

Yaar the same thing i am wondering too..how the german ambassedor know about the results?? But if Typhoon being selected we got a good chance to be a partner in that project because most of the partner countries on that project now choose F-35 over it..

Oh c'mon. Don't spill out your disappointment at the fact that Pakistan cannot even purchase an additional squadron of F-16s without US financial aid.

We have sufficient funds to buy this jet. And needless to say, the cost of jet will come down once the manufacturing shifts from Europe to India. Besides, India will also be exporting key Eurofighter avionics -

?We will shift workload from Germany to India in the area of avionics? - Corporate News - livemint.com

Did Pak ever bought any jet or weapon on foreign aid?
Source required plz or excuse us for ur trolling efforts!!!!

Did Pak ever bought any jet or weapon on foreign aid?
Source required plz or excuse us for ur trolling efforts!!!!

Here -

1)

Some of the money from the U.S. even went to buying weapons from the United States better suited to fighting India than in the border regions of Afghanistan — armor-piercing tow missiles, sophisticated surveillance equipment, air-to-air missiles, maritime patrol aircraft, anti-ship missiles and F-16 fighter aircraft.

Billions in U.S. Aid Never Reached Pakistan Army - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

2)

After the attacks of September 11, however, Pakistan’s star has again risen in Washington and in 2005 the American officals signed a deal to give Pakistan 14 second-hand F-16s and sell them 18 newer versions of the jet (the money Pakistan is using to pay for the planes is US military aid).

http://www.eurasianet.org/departments/insight/articles/eav091808.shtml

3)

GARY L. ACKERMAN -

On July 16 of this year, the State Department notified the full committee that it intended to reprogram $226 million in Foreign Military Financing that had been provided to Pakistan in order to support a portion of the cost of the Mid-Life Update of Pakistan’s F-16 fleet. The total cost of the MLU portion of the F-16 program is $890 million. As I understand it, the Administration is also seeking to use $110 million in Fiscal Year 2009 funding for this purpose as well. This despite earlier assurances that with the exception of $109 million, the rest of the cost of the F-16 program would be borne by the Government of Pakistan, not the taxpayers of the United States. It now turns out that the taxpayers are on the hook for $445 million, or half the cost of the MLU program.

http://www.internationalrelations.house.gov/110/ackerman091608.pdf

And several more sources can be easily found by doing a simple google search.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom