What's new

Reuters Reporting Typhoon will win MMRCA

I guess 14th June 2010.
I think that is way too early, because the trials will only end by that time. When that is over they will need some time to analyse the collected data and then will shortlist 3-4 fighters that fulfill the requirements for the final stage. These vendors will make official offers then, which MoD/IAF (possibly even IN) will compare and only thereafter a real decision can be expected!
I don't see a final decision be taken before 2011, which is still in the given time frame. If I'm not wrong the first squad of fighters must arrive in India by 2014 and 3 years after a contract is signed.

I think that is way too early, because the trials will only end by that time. When that is over they will need some time to analyse the collected data and then will shortlist 3-4 fighters that fulfill the requirements for the final stage. These vendors will make official offers then, which MoD/IAF (possibly even IN) will compare and only thereafter a real decision can be expected!
I don't see a final decision be taken before 2011, which is still in the given time frame. If I'm not wrong the first squad of fighters must arrive in India by 2014 and 3 years after a contract is signed.
Yes i think you are right winner anounse by Q1 of 2011

Probably disinformation. The two main contenders must be US/Russia.

Any idea why Saudi's did not buy F-35 instead?

Why European Nations are investing in Tyhpoon and not in JSF?

GB
It might not be on offer for them now, because it would be a high risk for Israel if Gulf nations would get stealth fighters.
UK and ITA are members of Typhoon as well as of F35, so they are investing in JSF too.

UK and ITA are members of Typhoon as well as of F35, so they are investing in JSF too.

Good example of UK they will have both Typhoon and F-35.

If F-35 was cheaper and better than Typhoon why UK would have invested in both to begin with?

Another country who will have both Typhoon and F-35 will be Italy.

GB

Good example of UK they will have both Typhoon and F-35.

If F-35 was cheaper and better than Typhoon why UK would have invested in both to begin with?

Another country who will have both Typhoon and F-35 will be Italy.

GB
Both countries will use the fighter for different purposes, the EF will remain their main air superiority fighter, similar to our MKI, but the F35 will be their main strike and carrier fighter, replacing Tornados and Sea Harrier.

I think the recent order of additional F16s to Pakistan and a Perry class Frigate for next to nothing $$$ has put the F18S/H and especially the F16IN out of the MMRCA race.

The world is that TYPHOONs BID is getting stronger by the week.

The germans in in particular are keen for India to join EADS in future work and are pushing both the EJ200 engine for LCA fighter and the TYPHOON for the MMRCA winner.

America may well of shot itself in the foot and lost a $15 billion deal for MMRCA but much more a LONG TERM strategic ally too

come my dear indian members start now from here.now Typhoon is world best fighter all scrap f-16 f-18 su-37 mig -35 refale are dust infront of Typhoon.it can wipe out f-22 and f-35 easly 5th gen fighter Typhoon selected by indian mrrca.and don't forget from today Typhoon7th gen fighter plane.1 sqadron of Typhoon can wipe out 1500 jf-17 thunders.........!!!!!!!

its even better from 9th gen F-220 MADE IN USA IN FUTURE

and its is cabable to fire 15 amraams or r-77 at a time.range of typhoon is more then boing 777 lr which can round any were in world with out refuling.speed is mac-9 9300km per hour.remeber its best block of typhoons in world saudis and other use last decade typhoons.radar range of typhoon is 3000 km if its fly from india radar cover whole sauth asia including iran china.pakistani awacs and radars blind to detect it just because its from IAF.and brothers always remember it can carry 10 nuclear bombs at a time. tommorow we see this on indian media i write simply before them.:lol:

sorce????????? indian media and defence.pk indian members lol

Imran eek baar IF select honay day phir tujhe yehi sunanay ko milayga :D:D:D

Just once INDIA offical pass statement that we will go for EF you will definlty read/listen same thing on every forum on everyplatform soon!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

If Americans have been ousted, then probably its gonna be Mig 35. In a way also ties in to the recent orders of Mig 29 and Su 30s since Mig 35 production is expected to begin only in 2013. Persoanlly, Russia has always been a trusted friend..

But I still believe that Americans will not let it go just so easily...

I think the recent order of additional F16s to Pakistan and a Perry class Frigate for next to nothing $$$ has put the F18S/H and especially the F16IN out of the MMRCA race.

The world is that TYPHOONs BID is getting stronger by the week.

The germans in in particular are keen for India to join EADS in future work and are pushing both the EJ200 engine for LCA fighter and the TYPHOON for the MMRCA winner.

America may well of shot itself in the foot and lost a $15 billion deal for MMRCA but much more a LONG TERM strategic ally too

Sounds good, or do you just mean they want to outsource parts of EADS to safe money? :)
One thing is clear, if the US is out because of selling 14 F16 to PAF, then Russia is out too, they sold 50 engines for JF 17! Ah and Sweden also, they sold Saab 2000 Erieye, French even want to give 100 weapon and avionic packs for JF 17, oh wait Germany wants to sell U 214 subs...I think you get my point or? ;)

Last edited:
with euro falling really low the current prices of typhoon according to euro = dollar exchange rate will be competetive to rafale..and also all manufacturers have to revise d deal from 31 march onwards and who knows this plane might end up being competative with price issue:cheers::cheers:

India doesnot need EF.
Being ''best' is not what matters' but 'most suitable' does.

During kargil we got to know the imp of a2g capabikities, which mig 27 could not deliver in that terrain.

India already has best Air Dominance Multirole MKI, plus we will alos have the FGFA.
We dont need air dominance fighters , we already have it and EF doesent have good a2g capabilities.

The price is not a real matter for a good product in india, but we cant just buy what we dont need... We have even been offered F35!

The best options F18 and Rafale.

With F18 having and edge of economics and pilitical advantages while rafale gives full ToT.

so far pakistani rated typhoon as one of the best fighters in the world,rating it in their top 10 list,i have seen this on different threads on this forum,many even said that they should stick with typhoon rather than depending on f-16

apparently at that time they thought we would stick with either F/A-18 or MIG-35

but now when rumours r surfacing that india will stick with typhoon,all of a sudden it became one of the worst plane in the world,its different features like 3rd gen,lack of stealth and high cost have started to emerge:lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom