What's new

Reuters claims that Pakistani-Americans are masquerading as Indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just wrong , Pakistanis must stop doing this . If any of them ever end up doing something wrong , Indians will get a bad name . Pakistanis must try to be acheivers and use their own nationality for this purpose

You are talking about bad name ... man Indians are getting killed because of mistaken identity. Lot of indians (specially Sikhs) were subject of racist abuse after 9/11 because they resembled Arabs/Pakistanis.

Man I am Punjabi, and I get confused for every race out there, go figure.

I had a friend, and she was Sikhni.

I felt cool with her since we spoke more or less the same language, although her pronunciation was like village.

Anyways I showed her a photo of my grandfather, and she was like:

Eh kon Sardar eh

I was dying. I was like we are not Sardars, but we are Chaudhry's.

Anyways my family is very fair skinned, compared to even Pashtuns or whatever.

As for me, the girl I will mary is beautiful and crisp brownish color. I love her and I think she is the best. Some people need to live out their insecurities by looking down on darker people. That sort of thinking is Indian.

I am happy with Allah swt blessed me with.

You are talking about bad name ... man Indians are getting killed because of mistaken identity. Lot of indians (specially Sikhs) were subject of racist abuse after 9/11 because they resembled Arabs/Pakistanis.

I agree. But it doesnt mean Arabs and Pakistanis should get abused as well instead of Sikhs. Right now Sikhs wear the turban everywhere which resembles a crazy terrorist in the USA so general USA public is hostile to Sikhs

I will do the same if I was pakistani and threatened (or if India had really bad name, I would have called myself pakistani).
Its not unheard of a muslim posing as hindu or hindu posing as muslim during communal riots.

I agree. But it doesnt mean Arabs and Pakistanis should get abused as well instead of Sikhs. Right now Sikhs wear the turban everywhere which resembles a crazy terrorist in the USA so general USA public is hostile to Sikhs
In UK, sikhs have separate identity. Most people know that they are different.

Individuals as Individuals do a lot of things especially when they know that a few words are enough to cause them some serious distress.Here is an example

Last edited by a moderator:
In UK, sikhs have separate identity. Most people know that they are different.

People in the West are not always well educated that.. Ask a Sikh if he has ever gotten weird looks going outside in a turban

Sitting in India you are issuing statements like this while not even in your dreams have you seen the USA. :lol:

I have had the liberty to meet some amazing pakistanis while my time in the US. Traveled from Boston to San Diego. Most of the pakistanis I met pretty much said they were pakistani, however there were instances where they would flat out call themselves "Punjabi". Only about two claimed to be Indian, but probably because their grandparents or parents were from some part.

Sitting in India you are issuing statements like this while not even in your dreams have you seen the USA. :lol:

I don't need to visit usa personally to know about this ! The world is a global village !

I have had the liberty to meet some amazing pakistanis while my time in the US. Traveled from Boston to San Diego. Most of the pakistanis I met pretty much said they were pakistani, however there were instances where they would flat out call themselves "Punjabi". Only about two claimed to be Indian, but probably because their grandparents or parents were from some part.

I have a few friends that are part Indian and part Pakistani. Most of their families migrated from India to Pakistan, and then to the U.S.. Their family ties still exist in both countries.

@RazPaK @Roybot quit trolling and grow up.

Last edited:
People in the West are not always well educated that.. Ask a Sikh if he has ever gotten weird looks going outside in a turban
How would people know he is sikh if he is not wearing turban and beard. I was just saying sikhs are quite known as people from India in UK, there is little chance that they will be mistaken as arabs or afgans.

Their diaspora here is quite big and well known. I would imagine the same in canada.
Once I was roaming with my bangladeshi friends and some random guy asked us where we are from.(he wanted lighter or matchbox) I blurted bangladesh where as my bangladeshi friends said India. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom