What's new

Pakistani-Americans Rising Strength in Academia

In IT / Computer Sciences and Medical Science / Doctors, Indians Outnumber Pakistanis ....10 vs 1 ...or higher

My cousin got a letter of employment from an INDIAN friend / reference / contact.....so that he could show that he is employed in the US....so that he could come to Pakistan for marriage and then return to US safely / easily.

Mainly the obstacles that are created in going abroad both locally and internationally.

The lower the USD, the easier for youth to go abroad and send back home remittances.

HEC sponsors / supports MAINLY government employees to study abroad for PhD and Post Doctoral Fellowships.

More than half of the government employees choosen WOULDN'T EVEN BE HIRED BY A PRIVATE UNIVERSITY / INSTITUTE at all.

HEC should SPONSOR USMLE Exams for atleast 10 000 Doctors ANNUALLY in Pakistan. Currently, only about 300 - 350 get selected for residency / training in the US, which is VERY LOW, MAINLY due to FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS.

An approximate estimate of money spent by a doctor to get into US Residency training is about Rs 80 lakhs ( Rs 8 million = USD 29 000), depending on various factors can vary, which is TOO HIGH for an average house hold to afford in Pakistan, considering the brightest choose to study from government universities, which costs them less than half to become a doctor.

Total expenditure for 1000 Doctors by Government of Pakistan:
USD 29 000 x 1000 Doctors = USD 29 Million = Rs 8 billion

Not a big amount considering that the Defence Expenditure is Rs 1800 billion, NOT INCLUDING PENSIONS and the HEC Budget is 59 billion for 2023-24.

A doctor earns minimum USD 250 000 yearly in the US, which is far better than what European countries can offer.

So even if you HELP and MANAGE to get 1000 Pakistanis into the US Residency / training programs, which lasts 3 years normally, each earning USD 250 000, you could potentially be looking at USD 250 Million, being earned by PAKISTANIS in the US....after 3 years.....by sending only 1000 Doctors ANNUALLY.....by investing only USD 29 Million.

You can expect them to send back home atleast 1 / 5 th of their income, which is USD 50 Million.

So in the fourth year, your INVESTMENT of USD 29 Million, is ALMOST DOUBLED [1.7x times ] TO USD 50 Million.

NOT BAD AS A FUTURE PROOF INVESTMENT, With plenty of GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES.

Off course it doesn't make sense to the SELFISH SERVANTS OF THE PEOPLE, looking for better RETIREMENT DEALS INTERNATIONALLY.

Where I am saying , they are coming without work visa? My response was to your comments about making 6 and 7 figures salary without US degree. Most of H1B visa holder does not have US education and many of them are in Meta, Google and Microsoft and many high paying positions. Plus H1B is not only one way to come it.. read about L1 visa. Not quota on that and Indian companies and and many American companies has used it to bring ppl from India. There is no chest thumping, just a fact and yes Indian companies are in forefront to bring Indian ppl to USA for employment

Those days are gone buddy.

American companies have to really jump over multiple hoops (almost impossible to get approval) to prove that -- that kind of highly paid executive talent they want to hire from India, does not exist in the US. Whatever talent IIMs and IITs offer are also available from US universities.

Kiss those days of easy H1B and L1 overseas hiring goodbye.

No recruiter I've ever heard of, is looking for talent in India - forget US executive recruiters looking for highly paid executive talent.

Just fancy "pie in the sky" BS some Indians have dreamt up. Like the moon is made of soft blue cheese....

Blame your garbage Godi Media which propagates such nonsense.

American companies have to really jump over multiple hoops (almost impossible to get approval) to prove that -- that kind of highly paid executive talent they want to hire from India, does not exist in the US. Whatever talent IIMs and IITs offer are also available from US universities.

No recruiter I've ever heard is looking for talent in India - forget US executive recruiters looking for highly paid executive talent.

Just fancy "pie in the sky" BS some Indians have dreamt up. Like the moon is made of soft blue cheese....

You may have your data source and those might be correct. But I know US recruiters searching for Indian startup tenant before interest rate hikes like there is not tomorrow. Plus you don’t need to be executive to earn 6 figures now a days. Microsoft being lower payer among big boys group still pays 140k base plus another 50k bonus plus 150k joining for fresher.. Meta and Google you can make 500k a year with 6-7 years of experience. There are many more. One thing Indians done well is to devote good years of their life to these companies. I don’t agree with that life style most of time but they gained from it. L1 visa has died down but same time all these companies are offering high 7 figure to low 8 figures in India now. 10 years experience guy can make 1 - 2 crore INR in India working for Amazon or Google any day.

You guys are seriously butting your head against a car wash attendant who learnt about ESOPs after watching a YouTube video today? pfft

No recruiter I've ever heard of, is looking for talent in India - forget US executive recruiters looking for highly paid executive talent.

Time for you to understand Data and real news not some dirty Bangladeshi fake sources.

From the horses's mouth:

Firstly, See the list of companies there? Google all of them there and see if they have an office in India.

Secondly, research which country got the most H1-Bs.

You guys are seriously butting your head against a car wash attendant who learnt about ESOPs after watching a YouTube video today? pfft
Guilty! I will stop now..

You may have your data source and those might be correct. But I know US recruiters searching for Indian startup tenant before interest rate hikes like there is not tomorrow. Plus you don’t need to be executive to earn 6 figures now a days. Microsoft being lower payer among big boys group still pays 140k base plus another 50k bonus plus 150k joining for fresher.. Meta and Google you can make 500k a year with 6-7 years of experience. There are many more. One thing Indians done well is to devote good years of their life to these companies. I don’t agree with that life style most of time but they gained from it. L1 visa has died down but same time all these companies are offering high 7 figure to low 8 figures in India now. 10 years experience guy can make 1 - 2 crore INR in India working for Amazon or Google any day.

You are confusing the issue - none of these high paying packages are available to non-citizens who don't even have a green card.

End of story.

And sponsoring H1B's is close to zero now.

US immigration does not allow it anymore - period.

You are confusing the issue - none of these high paying packages are available to non-citizens who don't even have a green card.

End of story.

And sponsoring H1B's is close to zero now.

US immigration does not allow it anymore - period.
False! fake!
Prove it. I can prove you wrong in a minute!

Dirty Bangladeshi Liar

Top 2023 H1B employers .. 70% of them are Indian candidates and out it only 30% should be US college graduates

Attachments

• IMG_3832.jpeg
    IMG_3832.jpeg
    772.7 KB · Views: 31
Self congratulatory behavior notwithstanding, If you take the top 10% of India and Pakistan diaspora (and Bangladesh too for that matter) and supplant them to the US - they will have dramatically high levels of income. Because they were mostly educated in the US and they qualify for higher salaries.

90% of my Bangladeshi, Indian and Pakistani friends had a background and upbringing better than the average middle class family in the US - so its really unfair to compare them (and their preferences and economic/educational levels) with the "general public" here in the US.

The flipside of that equation is that all we have left, back in our countries in South Asia - are dip$hit leaders incapable of governing our countries successfully. In India you have "new Indians" whose twitter handles include Hitler's face with a Tika.

These are the inept dregs of humanity we all have left behind who have now risen to prominence and the more educated people leave, the more uneducated, self-indulgent, lootera, dictatorial and unqualified the next group of leaders in our countries will be, picked from the ranks of these dregs.

Which will invite more and more blatant interventions by world hegemons to exploit our populace.
30℅ of my class of engineering students went abroad. This was in 1990s . Now it is more than 50℅ because of easy education loans. Even lower middle class are also going abroad for studies. I don't know how many are coming back to contribute to their mother land. It is a slow trickle but it will grow as we progress. In my family, 7 have come back for good.

30℅ of my class of engineering students went abroad. This was in 1990s . Now it is more than 50℅ because of easy education loans. Even lower middle class are also going abroad for studies. I don't know how many are coming back to contribute to their mother land. It is a slow trickle but it will grow as we progress. In my family, 7 have come back for good.

Good to know, we all need to halt the brain drain from our countries in South Asia and create politically and socially stable environment conducive to economic progress and value addition.

Which means lay off hate-mongering as a vote-getting tool.

And Invest less in propaganda and more in economic uplift infra for semi-skilled value addition by regular aam admi.

here a news, we find Dubai has beaten US :-)
=>

View attachment 961171

Your govt. currently trumpets it as a strength. Because of remittance. But that can go away in a flash, given burbak policy changes by gulfies.

If anything - for top level workers, it is a liability for India. No opportunity created at home for highest wage earners and massive numbers of people going overseas for jobs instead of adding value at home. This does not bode well for India.

Last edited:

how do you see the news as below? would make any comment on the article as below? :-)
=>

Of the 281m migrants spread around the globe today—generally defined as people who live outside the country where they were born—almost 18m are Indians, according to the latest un estimates from 2020 (see chart 1). Mexican migrants, who comprise the second-biggest group, number some 11.2m. Chinese abroad come to 10.5m.

20230617_IRC494[1].png

how do you see the news as below? would make any comment on the article as below? :-)
=>

Of the 281m migrants spread around the globe today—generally defined as people who live outside the country where they were born—almost 18m are Indians, according to the latest un estimates from 2020 (see chart 1). Mexican migrants, who comprise the second-biggest group, number some 11.2m. Chinese abroad come to 10.5m.

View attachment 962047

Indian people have first mover advantage. Also people in Fiji, Guyana and other british colonial empire were mostly slave labour.

Top 2023 H1B employers .. 70% of them are Indian candidates and out it only 30% should be US college graduates

here we have a news
=>
America’s Wealthiest Religions?

osted by Sundari in General, USA on 02 25th, 2010 | 14 responses
An interesting infographic circulating the Web has many people talking about the relationship between wealth and religion. The graphic, titled The Almighty Dollar, was created by GOOD and Column Five Media and breaks down income levels in the U.S. by religion. Data is based on information from the Pew Forum and it compares the income level of each religion to the national average. From the website: It’s no secret that the distribution of wealth is inequitable in the United States across racial, regional, and socio-economic groups. But there is a distinct variance among and within America’s faiths as well.

header_GOOD_ALMIGHTY_DOLLAR_R3.jpg

If you click on the image above, it will enlarge and you’ll see information broken down by several religious groups such as Jewish, Christian (divided into several groups), Buddhist, Mormon, Muslim etc. You’ll notice that Sikhism is not one of them (not sure why?). There are five income brackets (Less than $30,000 to $100,000+) listed and numbers signifying what percentage of each religious group falling into which income bracket.

43% and 46% of Hindus and Jews, respectively, fell into the $100,000+ income bracket while 8% and 9% of Christians (Historically Black Churches) and Jehovah’s Witnesses, respectively, fell into this same income bracket. Interestingly, Buddhists look to have the most equal distribution for each income bracket.

Many conversations on the internet have focused on the idea that immigrants make up a large portion of religious groups such as Hindus and Muslims. This is probably quite true. Individuals from these groups who are in the United States today, are probably more educated. The representation of these groups in this data sample is highly selective. Wealth is therefore probably more related to education rather than religion.

Other conversations suggest that those religious groups who have the lowest percentage in the $100,000+ also give the most money to their place of worship.

Having said that, what religious group’s distribution would Sikhs most likely follow? How would those individuals, who identify as Sikhs, be represented on this infographic?

America’s Wealthiest Religions? | The Langar Hall

Indian people have first mover advantage. Also people in Fiji, Guyana and other british colonial empire were mostly slave labour.

here is a class on how Indian economy fell during British presence in India.
Indian economy fell from 17% of World GDP to 2% during British presence in India :-)
=>

David Malone: India & Britain​

=> this class discuss the graph as below :coffee:

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-20%20at%209.37.55%20AM[1].png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom