What's new

Retracing my Indian ancestral roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i know what baradari is. but i believe we also have the same 'belief system' (won't go into that), so i believe it might be a bit more than baradari. almost all of my family lives in Karachi as well, & I was born in Karachi as well.

You can talk about your belief system. You're athnaa ul ashari aren't you?

To your post after that: it's spelt shajara. You're hungry and eating the a!

You can talk about your belief system. You're athnaa ul ashari aren't you?

To your post after that: it's spelt shajara. You're hungry and eating the a!

holy F, what??, am i in defence forum???

not dont say hey defence is actually spelled defense not defence

My grandparents were Muhajirs from Bihar as well, but I don't really care much about it, neither do my parents.

Your entire family must have migrated to Pakistan in 1947 without anyone staying back, while I still have half of my family from my mother's side in India, which makes my situation a bit different.

it is interesting to know most americans can trace their roots in europe

Where I'm from, there are a lot of people strangely from Sikh/Hindu background from their paternal side who have intermarried with the local Latin Americans mainly Mexicans. You see a lot of them especially in parts of Nevada, Southern Cali and Arizona. Those living in those parts today came during the early 1920's as migrant workers who settled. Unfortunately "other" races were not allowed to intermarry with white people, therefore I guess they had no other choice but to marry other races. This is what I was told by my friend's uncle, don't know how much of it is true.

My maternal ancestral home is in Bandura, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Where I'm from, there are a lot of people strangely from Sikh/Hindu background from their paternal side who have intermarried with the local Latin Americans mainly Mexicans. You see a lot of them especially in parts of Nevada, Southern Cali and Arizona. Those living in those parts today came during the early 1920's as migrant workers who settled. Unfortunately "other" races were not allowed to intermarry with white people, therefore I guess they had no other choice but to marry other races. This is what I was told by my friend's uncle, don't know how much of it is true.

but whites were allowed to intermarry like italian immigrants with irish ones??

btw, i would really like to know if the irish americans are some different from the english americans or italian americans?? can you speak irish or french??

are irish americans popular in some fields than say german americans or italian americans, i think italians are very popular in hollywood movies nero, alpacino etc

i didnt know there were so many tracing roots to freakin behar in PDF, :lol::lol::lol::lol:, i just have to laugh so loud hahahahahahahaha, are they inherent computer nerds or what??

i only know my grandfather and mother were from behar, but we are syed, if you know wht i mean

this comp nerd can trace his roots to iran, iraq kawait, sryia africa and god, what not!!!

i had some indian guy from kerala and he said his ancestors were from oman, but he looked like a local keralite to me

My mother is from Bangladesh. She was born in Sherpur town, Mymensingh Dist. Her family still lives there. Both of my wife's parents were from Bangladesh. I hope I can go and see all these places some day and also take my kids to see the birthplaces of their ancestors. Roots are very important to a person.
Thanks for starting a meaningful thread.

but whites were allowed to intermarry like italian immigrants with irish ones??

btw, i would really like to know if the irish americans are some different from the english americans or italian americans?? can you speak irish or french??

are irish americans popular in some fields than say german americans or italian americans, i think italians are very popular in hollywood movies nero, alpacino etc

If you're referring to Gaelic, then I have no idea :lol:, my grandfather has a strong Irish accent though :P
No I cannot speak French, I wish I could speak German though.
And yes during the time of independence all the way up to the early 60's at least for my state (Arizona) were Asians, Indians and Blacks prohibited from marrying Whites. And pretty much anyone from European ancestry were considered "White".

It's really hard to differentiate who came from what part of the world. Almost everyone that I know are either mixed of some sort of other race.

Most South Asians however do stick to their own type. Whereas Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Thais) are more open to intermarriages.

It's too bad there aren't too many 'Delhiites', Punjabis, Haryanavis or Rajasthanis here on this thread, I'm sure their ancestors would have roots in Pakistan.

It's too bad there aren't too many 'Delhiites', Punjabis, Haryanavis or Rajasthanis here on this thread, I'm sure their ancestors would have roots in Pakistan.

You forget the Sindhis. The entire homeland of the community was left in Pakistan.

You forget the Sindhis. The entire homeland of the community was left in Pakistan.

Can you imagine our the hurt and dispair of fathers,grandfathers etc must have suffered leaving where they were brought up and were born to start their roots where they felt safer. Doesnt matter what religion you were or are it must have been sheer agony. Nice thread Bilal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom