What's new

Retracing my Indian ancestral roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like everyone, not just Pakistanis, to share information about their ancestral roots (if you want to).

My family history is written in Beveridges History of Bengal.

I think that is adequate.

Yes, originally I do have my roots from Iraq, which then passed onto Iran, which then came to India, & then to Pakistan. My family was not converted from Hinduism to Islam, & we are proud (not boastful) of our Islamic history as well. I do not mean to stir any controversies here on this thread, nor am I saying my experiences are what the average Pakistanis' experiences are. These are my individual 'experiences'. There are Indians that have roots (or place of birth) in Pakistan, such as Manmohan Singh & Shahrukh Khan, who then show a lot of love & reminiscence for Pakistan, their ancestral home, as well.

You forget LK Advani.

Suggest you to discuss only about roots forget faith and love for now.

Unfortunately, I am probably one of those very few Mohajirs that has family left in India, because my mom's family did not migrate to Pakistan in 1947 (but my dad's did), & my mom was born & raised in India (but later moved to Pakistan to marry my Dad, & surrendered her Indian citizenship). Most Mohajirs that migrated to Pakistan had their entire families migrate to Pakistan.

Must be difficult for your Ma, hope she is in touch with her family.

Mine is Bihar too , my mom side is from khujwa dad is from a state in northern Bihari its hussain ganj if i am not wrong , @ bilal big diference btw khujwaites and others ... Khujwaites are much more educated

Mine is Bihar too , my mom side is from khujwa dad is from a state in northern Bihari its hussain ganj if i am not wrong , @ bilal big diference btw khujwaites and others ... Khujwaites are much more educated

Wow, finally found a Pakistani Bihari brother, & that too from Kujhwa!!!

You're not my relative, are you? :D

Sorry for offtopic as I'm not a refugee from either side.

My everything is in the Kongu region of Tamil Nadu, as far as the ancestry can be traced as we are a strictly endogamous clan.

My clan manuscripts say our clan descended from the Kingdom of Gangas on the banks of the Ganges. Don't know if its true.

Nice thread Bilal :tup:

My father's paternal side is of Irish ancestry whereas his maternal side is German
My mother's side is of French and Sioux (Native American) ancestry

although I consider myself 100% Americana :D

Yes, originally I do have my roots from Iraq, which then passed onto Iran, which then came to India, & then to Pakistan.

My grandfather said the same thing about our ancestry......but the thing is....it's difficult to ascertain if it really went like that. I am skeptical of it.

Nice thread Bilal :tup:

My father's paternal side is of Irish ancestry whereas his maternal side is German
My mother's side is of French and Sioux (Native American) ancestry

although I consider myself 100% Americana :D

it is interesting to know most americans can trace their roots in europe

No idea yar ... the way it works " if you cannot find a direct rishtaydari connection just say its one baradari , baradari is the place of origin

yeah, i know what baradari is. but i believe we also have the same 'belief system' (won't go into that), so i believe it might be a bit more than baradari. almost all of my family lives in Karachi as well, & I was born in Karachi as well.

My grandparents were Muhajirs from Bihar as well, but I don't really care much about it, neither do my parents.

My grandfather said the same thing about our ancestry......but the thing is....it's difficult to ascertain if it really went like that. I am skeptical of it.

If you have a shajra, then you could probably ascertain your ancestral roots properly. My shajra is pretty 'solid', & I can trace my roots all the way from Imam Ali Naqi(R), who came eleven generations after Prophet(S).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom