What's new

Retracing my Indian ancestral roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
The beautiful thing about Pakistan in my opinion is you get people who could pass for white people and then you get people with the darkest faces, the literal descent of Africans, even people with oriental features and everything in between.

you are talking abt hazara people with chinese faces, with people from makran or layari who are descendents from black arab traders, to the gigit baltistan area where they have many uzbek, tajik, kalash central asian features

Exactly right, I feel as if Pakistan is like my mother, sure your mother may have sometimes hurt you, but you love your mother with such a passion that, few things can compare.

The motherland of Pakistan, & the nation of Pakistan; or even the people of Pakistan (to a certain extent in case of the people) cannot be blamed for blunders of the inept governments since Pakistan's inception.

you are talking abt hazara people with chinese faces, with people from makran or layari who are descendents from arab traders, to the gigit baltistan area where they have many uzbek, tajik, kalash central asian features

And the Makrani people who look like Africans - they also live in Lyari.

And the Makrani people who look like Africans - they also live in Lyari.

They r not arab or baluch .. they r africans who were brought as slaves..... though they claim tht they came here after facing discrimination in their country.... ethipio or smthin.

They r not arab or baluch .. they r africans who were brought as slaves..... though they claim tht they came here after facing discrimination in their country.... ethipio or smthin.

You are right bro - they are descendants of Africans.

A tribute to all the people of Pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right. Punjab (Panj-ab) means land of five rivers in Farsi and that name Punjabi refers to people living in Punjab. Anyone can be a Punjabi. Being Punjabi is not an ethnic group. Jatts, Gujjar, Syyed, Qureshis, Rajputs, Raos, Maliks, Arian are ethnic groups and each has its own history and roots.

Really? I didn't know Sayyid/Syyed and Qureshis were ethnic groups. No online research or definitions describe them as such. I thought they were Arabic surnames or titles which certain people use to claim a common descent or lineage from throughout the Middle East, Central Asia and South Asia. Anyways, in regards to genetics and phenotype, there are not much different from other Punjabis unless they're are genetic tests to prove otherwise. Culturally, I'm not sure but I would think they are similar to other Pakistani Punjabis with variations from region to region.

Jatts, Gujjars and Rajputs could be considered sub-ethnic groups of Punjabis though but even then, they are genetically and culturally similar. Origins might vary though.

Arian's apparently claim descent from the army of Ibn Qasim. Similar to Sayyid and Qureshis in the sense of claiming an Arab ancestor. Haven't heard of Raos and Maliks.

Anyways, for the most part, Punjabis are genetically very similar. Culturally, they are very similar as well but certain cultural differences will be seen between different regions of greater Punjab and obvious cultural differences between Muslim vs. Sikh vs. Hindu Punjabis.

i cannot see page 5 of this thread nor can i see my post ?

My family's roots are in Gujarat .. and Rajasthan .
My wife's family is from Sindh, here grand parents and his 70% family migrated to various part of MP and Maharashtra.
Still they have many relatives in Pakistan , but she don't know much about her ancestral place, there are people here in family who were lived in Pakistan in their younger age (her grand parents) but they don't talk about it somehow. She did tried to search about it but not more success.
I will post more details about her ancestral place in Sindh hopefully we get some details about.

Good to know so many has their roots in Bangladesh.
The most shocking one for me was Joe Shearer.
I was like what the F! Why?!

Why were you surprised?

Almost half of Calcutta's population can trace back their roots to erstwhile East Bengal.

What really is strange that most of present day Bangladeshis would trace their roots to Middle-East!! :p

Anyway people should feel proud of their own deeds, not of where their mythical ancestors lived. Not only Muslims, Brahmins also have this tendency of finding their roots in some alien places in Central Asia!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a tamil brahmin and dicsounting all the mythical central asian ancestors,even though my DNA tests give me a r1a1 haplogroup,most of my roots are from TamilNadu and Kerala.And if at all anything likely,Karnataka also.Not too far from where we settled down in the end.

Why it is most of the time Muhajirs (not you Bilal) and Indian Muslims love to claim Arab, Persian, and Turk ancestry while they look no way near to them. This is how Afghanis and Persian make fun of Pakistani skin colour and features. This type of inferiority complex goes back to time of Muslim and British rule who viewed people of hind racially inferior to the Turks and Persian/Afghan.

Is the Indian ethnicity so low that some people don’t claim it; I am yet to meet an Urdu speaker who can claim only and only pure Indian ancestry?

The great Persian historian (Ferishta) of Hindustan in 17th century said People of Hind, Sind and Africans are children to the same father (Ham son of Noah) meaning Hindi, Sindi and Africans people are cousins. The name of the first child was Hind, the second Sind, the third Habysh (Sub Saharan Africans). This discrimination goes long way back and you people should be proud more about your south asian roots than arab/perisan.

This may be good for Manmohan propaganda at african summit but in reality Indian is not ethinity. It mostly likely refers to the people of South Indian features which the Mohajirs at large arent. The nothern parts of India, where the bulk of mohajirs come from has been under constant invasion by different civilization so its natural that is is an amalgam of ethicities now.

Another interesting fact is that Persian make hardly 40% of Iranians population. A large percentage of Iranians are actually Azeri and Turks.
So people who claim Afghani or Persian ancestry should dive deeper since both of the regions are multi-ethinic.

Pakistan also has a large concentration of Aryans on its northern side..Any Pakistani here claiming Aryan ancestry??
Also many Punjabis are ethinically rajput, aryan, persian and azeri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom