What's new

Reservation for SC/ST in promotions.

I don't know about rest of India, but in Kerala if you are a SC/ST you don't have to pay even a single paisa for your education.All you have to do is to concentrate on your studies.
First they should have a decent familly which allows to study right?
If their father is drunkard all the time and did not allow to go school?

WHy are the sewage or drainage workers are found only in dalits? (i dont know about other places. My place this is the case). Because they were made to think this is only job they should be doing.

Another 2-3 generations this problem will be solved. until them we can bear the reservations

i am a doctor and i am seriously planning to leave to usa if this shitty plan is implemented. i scored 94% in +2 in odisha and in 14 rank in odisha jee . am also in top 5% of the class. now if my country doesnt love me why the fuk should i?

Why you want to work in Govt sector, when Pvt medical sector in India is booming.

As long as dailits are less in % in main stream. we can continue to give them this benifit. Our expectation of having them in same % in main stream isnt a wrong thing. at-least they should near that %

More and more economically oppressed (not only dalits) in schools,high schools,colleges is needed. But not in supreme areas like IITs,IIMs,IAS,Defence sectors etc. When you play with quality here you are dodging with fate of nation.

Income level i do agree.

But its also true that main reason they are backword because they were opressed. Let them give some credit.

For example, I am well educated because my family is. Many of my dalit frends are not because their family isnt. Even after quota they could not even continue study because their family was not supporting. Reason is they were expected to some kind of JOBs only. Because they were dalits.

i favor reservations for education & jobs as i think that it helps in uplifting the socially backward classes (minus the creamy layer) but reservation in promotions is not at all a correct decision, promotions should only be given to those who are willing to work hard for it (no matter than they are from whichever castes), this will only increase the inefficiency among the PSU's & govt. organisations.

if one sees the definition of Promotion in a dictionary than it says that - "Activity that supports or provides active encouragement for the furtherance of a cause, venture, or aim" & by giving reservation for same it is going directly opposite to what it is meant for.

Pls forward me more information about how I can get a Govt job by recommendation without writing the exam.

Not talking about only government jobs. Talking about private also. In case of government jobs its not enough many times to clear the exam. But u might also need to pay.

i favor reservations for education & jobs as i think that it is must for the upliftment of socially backward classes (minus the creamy layer) but reservation in promotions is not at all a correct decision, promotions should only be given to those who are willing to work hard for it (no matter than they are from whichever castes), this will only increase the inefficiency among the PSU's & govt. organisations.

if one sees the definition of Promotion in a dictionary than it says that - "Activity that supports or provides active encouragement for the furtherance of a cause, venture, or aim" & by giving reservation for same it is going directly opposite to what it is meant for.

I support you view.

There is Govt run SC/ST hostels providing boarding & food. free of cost

WHy are the sewage or drainage workers are found only in dalits? (i dont know about other places. My place this is the case). Because they were made to think this is only job they should be doing.

Not in my place.

Another 2-3 generations this problem will be solved. until them we can bear the reservations

I have no problem with reservation (though I feel that it should be income based than caste based) but reservation even creeping into promotions is a matter of concern. The Govt is chopping off whatever meritocracy left in the Govt sector with such decisions.

Quota will work if its actually given to them with more %.

I see in general that upper cast people are more organized and they have vert strong network and get jobs easily by recommendations. Not dalits because they usually have no one to recommend/

In India its not just merits which work. Mostly reference works here.

As long as dailits are less in % in main stream. we can continue to give them this benifit. Our expectation of having them in same % in main stream isnt a wrong thing. at-least they should near that %

you don't need quota system to hold your hand & bump you up to the senior position when it's the same system which got you into the job in the first place. Once you are given an entry.. then your own hard work & dedication which needs to take over. You don't need QUOTA to give you the piggyback ride in every step of your life.

It's not the quota which shapes your life.. it's the basic upbringing & quality education. Give them that..

More and more economically oppressed (not only dalits) in schools,high schools,colleges is needed. But not in supreme areas like IITs,IIMs,IAS,Defence sectors etc. When you play with quality here you are dodging with fate of nation.
Yes. i too agree this. But now giving them 1-2 seats will really help them. But this will help then only when this person who got seat works for dalits and encourage them.

What made upper casts people more intelligent than Dalits? Or what made dalits less intelligents than upper cast people so that they are not matching in their %??

I can think of only one reason that they were opressed long back and they need time to change this.

you don't need quota system to hold your hand & bump you up to the senior position when it's the same system which got you into the job in the first place. Once you are given an entry.. then your own hard work & dedication which needs to take over. You don't need QUOTA to give you the piggyback ride in every step of your life.

It's not the quota which shapes your life.. it's the basic upbringing & quality education. Give them that..

I agree..i think quota in promotion might not be needed. But entry it is needed few more years.

Why you want to work in Govt sector, when Pvt medical sector in India is booming.
its not everything about money.its about my progeny.if i am a doctor there is no guarantee that my son will be a doctor.he might work in govt sector (btw i am not married yet).its a fact that in med college the sc/st constitute about 90% of those guys who fail even though HOD of that subject are themselves sc/st.

Not talking about only government jobs. Talking about private also.

May be it works in some family run businesses but private sector as a whole doesn't tolerate incompetence and encourage merit no matter what caste or religion you belong to.

In case of government jobs its not enough many times to clear the exam. But u might also need to pay.

May be in your place.

I think we should indeed have the quota system, but I guess the way the quota system is set up is totally wrong. The quota system should be for the economically backward. Whether they are Dalits or Upper Caste, shouldnt matter. That way anyone who is disadvantaged can get help. The quota system effectively keeps the caste system alive, which I really hate. I think we should do awaywith the entire caste system. Well thats easier said than done, but when the quota system was first implemented, they should have considered a persons financial capability as the criteria. That way, the Dalits would have still got help and today, even upper caste people that are poor would get help along with any Dalits that are poor.

Reservation upto the first level of Job and entrance exams initially

But not more than that...Not in promotions and so forth

Those you have to earn.....promotion thru merit encourages hard work....

this ccountry is destined to be doomed.

Back
Top Bottom