What's new

Resentment brewing in TN against UPA’s stance

Tamils are never forced to learn Hindi, we are working in various parts across India without even knowing Hindi(Many learnt after moving to Northern India).

On Topic: This islet's ownership was transferred to SL without considering the people of Tamil Nadu by Indra Gandhi. Now this UPA govt is trying to cover up. Congress govt never concerned about the people of Tamil Nadu, that's why everyone here hates this @$$ h@le party. we have almost kicked out this btich party from here, that's why Tamil Nadu has become the Most urbanized state in India and the state's economy is also very good. 40 percent of all wind-generated electricity in India is created by windmills in Tamil Nadu. Chennai CMBT and Erode Central Bus Terminus are the largest and the second largest bus terminals in Asia respectively.Hope this happens in every other state.

Mr iyer not all ordinary Tamilians are fortunate like you to lhave the privilege to live in the west and be bi -lingual in English and Hindi

Sashan is not an Iyer,but i am.

whats your problem now?

I know how most blue collar/labour people want to know hindi,there have eben so many illiterate tamils who show up in Mumbai and make a gerat living,it is the people with strong intertia who make a big deal out of all this.

I am married to a bengali guy and my kids speak Hindi/English/Tamil/Bengali and being multi lingual makes them so much better than otherwise.

Even research shows that speaking more languages helps you.

Most srilankan tamils speak sinhalese whereas the sinhalese dont speak tamil and this was told to me by a sinhalese with admiration,it is idiots like you who spoil the livelihood of normal,honest,hard working,well mannered tamil people.

Even though i dont like india that much but this post of yours is total BS mate - not one of them is true sadly :(.

dont make big statements like you dont like india this that,other countries wont give you even a small penny.

You must not have read the question I posed, what did Tamilnadu benefit from being part of India

It got Hindi shafted down its throat
Lost its Tamil identity,
Arming and training Lankan army to kill Tamils (including Fishermen)
Gifting an Island to Lanka to kill Tamilnadu fishermen, and destroying the livelihood

If you have all the answers then I can come down and meet you , thank you

Under ordinary circumstances I would have agreed with you, but you seem to be a LTTE terrorist sympathizer without any country to call his own :devil: (after you were eliminated in Sri Lanka)

If you want India to support you, try to get into India's good books. India still speaks for Tamil's everywhere as long as they respect India's self interest too. Prabhakaran forgot that ...... its good if you remember this or you will end up with the same fate.

If you have any foolish expectations that tamil's will sceed from India to support your claim for a separate nation state in sri Lanka then you are not only wrong but also delusional.

Unlike you, other tamils and non tamils in India grow up with a healthy dose of Patriotic brain washing. Nothing you say or do is EVER going to change that.

You have got the answer many times, why repeating the same question.

Some Indian members do not like to accept or they do not know the difference between official language of a country and official language of specific region of that country. It's not my fault. lol

Tamils are never forced to learn Hindi, we are working in various parts across India without even knowing Hindi(Many learnt after moving to Northern India).

On Topic: This islet's ownership was transferred to SL without considering the people of Tamil Nadu by Indra Gandhi. Now this UPA govt is trying to cover up. Congress govt never concerned about the people of Tamil Nadu, that's why everyone here hates this @$$ h@le party. we have almost kicked out this btich party from here, that's why Tamil Nadu has become the Most urbanized state in India and the state's economy is also very good. 40 percent of all wind-generated electricity in India is created by windmills in Tamil Nadu. Chennai CMBT and Erode Central Bus Terminus are the largest and the second largest bus terminals in Asia respectively.Hope this happens in every other state.

did your politicians say that? Asia is huge dude.

Some Indian members do not like to accept or they do not know the difference between official language of a country and official language of specific region of that country. It's not my fault. lol

These are official languages of India written in the Constitution of India and Government of India decides their status as official languages. They are official languages of India but their use is lesser by Government of India compared to Hindi and English. Government can't use 22 languages at a time so they use Hindi and English while central government controlled installation like bank, railways etc. use the language of the respective states along with Hindi and English.

These are official languages of India written in the Constitution of India and Government of India decides their status as official languages. They are official languages of India but their use is lesser by Government of India compared to Hindi and English. Government can't use 22 languages at a time so they use Hindi and English while central government controlled installation like bank, railways etc. use the language of the respective states along with Hindi and English.

So you are trying to tell India has 22 official languages?

So you are trying to tell India has 22 official languages?

If it is mentioned in Indian constitution and amended by Parliament time to time, what do you deduce? Some official languages of India like Sindhi or Sanskrit aren't official language in any state of India. The constitution of India had been amended three times since independence to add more official languages.

If it is mentioned in Indian constitution and amended by Parliament time to time, what do you deduce? Some official languages of India like Sindhi or Sanskrit aren't official language in any state of India. The constitution of India had been amended three times since independence to add more official languages.

I just click on India's official language website (GoI) it only in Hindi and English even no translate option for other languages.
Department of Official Language

wiki says like this

Official languages of the Union

The Indian constitution, in 1950, declared Hindi in Devanagari script to be the official language of the union.[9] Unless Parliament decided otherwise, the use of English for official purposes was to cease 15 years after the constitution came into effect, i.e., on 26 January 1965.[10] The prospect of the changeover, however, led to much alarm in the non Hindi-speaking areas of India, especially Dravidian-speaking states whose languages were not related to Hindi at all. As a result, Parliament enacted the Official Languages Act, 1963,[11][12][13][14][15][16] which provided for the continued use of English for official purposes along with Hindi, even after 1965.
In late 1964, an attempt was made to expressly provide for an end to the use of English, but it was met with protests from states such as Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Karnataka, Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh. Some of these protests also turned violent.[17] As a result, the proposal was dropped,[18][19] and the Act itself was amended in 1967 to provide that the use of English would not be ended until a resolution to that effect was passed by the legislature of every state that had not adopted Hindi as its official language, and by each house of the Indian Parliament.[20]
The current position is thus that the Union government continues to use English in addition to Hindi for its official purposes[21] as a "subsidiary official language,"[22] but is also required to prepare and execute a programme to progressively increase its use of Hindi.[23] The exact extent to which, and the areas in which, the Union government uses Hindi and English, respectively, is determined by the provisions of the Constitution, the Official Languages Act, 1963, the Official Languages Rules, 1976, and statutory instruments made by the Department of Official Language under these laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_with_official_status_in_India

I just click on India's official language website (GoI) it only in Hindi and English even no translate option for other languages.
Department of Official Language

wiki says like this

Official languages of the Union

The Indian constitution, in 1950, declared Hindi in Devanagari script to be the official language of the union.[9] Unless Parliament decided otherwise, the use of English for official purposes was to cease 15 years after the constitution came into effect, i.e., on 26 January 1965.[10] The prospect of the changeover, however, led to much alarm in the non Hindi-speaking areas of India, especially Dravidian-speaking states whose languages were not related to Hindi at all. As a result, Parliament enacted the Official Languages Act, 1963,[11][12][13][14][15][16] which provided for the continued use of English for official purposes along with Hindi, even after 1965.
In late 1964, an attempt was made to expressly provide for an end to the use of English, but it was met with protests from states such as Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Karnataka, Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh. Some of these protests also turned violent.[17] As a result, the proposal was dropped,[18][19] and the Act itself was amended in 1967 to provide that the use of English would not be ended until a resolution to that effect was passed by the legislature of every state that had not adopted Hindi as its official language, and by each house of the Indian Parliament.[20]
The current position is thus that the Union government continues to use English in addition to Hindi for its official purposes[21] as a "subsidiary official language,"[22] but is also required to prepare and execute a programme to progressively increase its use of Hindi.[23] The exact extent to which, and the areas in which, the Union government uses Hindi and English, respectively, is determined by the provisions of the Constitution, the Official Languages Act, 1963, the Official Languages Rules, 1976, and statutory instruments made by the Department of Official Language under these laws.

Languages with official status in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hindi and English are working languages, I explained you that before. The same article has a section called Eighth Schedule of the Constitution, read that.

Hindi and English are working languages, I explained you that before. The same article has a section called Eighth Schedule of the Constitution, read that.

That's what I have mentioned too! If Hindi and English aren't Indian Union's official languages other states do not need to add these 2 languages with their regional official language right.

5164990284_4c91b35c9f.jpg

Hindi - Indian Union's official language
English - Indian Union's official language
Tamil - TN state's official language

correct me if I'm wrong.

That's what I have mentioned too! If Hindi and English aren't Indian Union's official languages other states do not need to add these 2 languages with their regional official language right.

5164990284_4c91b35c9f.jpg

Hindi - Indian Union's official language
English - Indian Union's official language
Tamil - TN state's official language

correct me if I'm wrong.

That's the standardization. I correct you, Hindi is the official language, it is one of those 22 official languages which is along along with English used as working languages.

That's the standardization. I correct you, Hindi is the official language, it is one of those 22 official languages which is along along with English used as working languages.

One more question, what is the language of head of state (India) using to address citizens of India?

Back
Top Bottom