What's new

Resentment brewing in TN against UPA’s stance

Cross posting from a Tamil forum for your benefit

Is there Hindi imposition.

1. All Indian gov employees must pass Hindi exam.

2. all indian gov employees must write certain % of letters in Hindi (even within TN 50%)

3. Indian "national" TV has may be 50 times more Hindi movies than all other languages combined.

4. Indian regional channel in Chennai shows more Hindi movies than Tamil movies (TRUE)

5. Cheenai regional chanel shows Hindi news at early night time but Tamil news after most people go to sleep.

6. Indian gov employees in TN who do not pass Hindi exams do not get their annual pay raise.

7. Hindi announcement in air flight!

8. Hindi announcements in more and more TN rail stations

9. Drug labels in Hindi

10. Embassies are told to promote Hindi film

2259-is-there-hindi-imposition-in-india

1) I do not know it is true or not - so no comments.

2) What is wrong if they asked to learn one more language.... I am a mallu and i speak 5 languages including tamil)

3) Indian national TV has channels for every language - even Tamil channel all the programmes are in tamil (barring english programmes)

4) I dono who told you this..... Regional channels donot show any hindi movies. May 1 or 2 here and there.....

5) Cheenai channel.... Never heard of this channel in my network i get about 20 tamil channels i never seen any Hindi programme on thos channels.
6) I have no idea about this - So No comments.
7) SOP across the world.... nothing special.... They follow the same in every air port...
8) Yes hindi announcement but prior to that there is a tamil announcement too.... Again its SOP of indian railways to use 3 languages (for non hindi states)
9) Lived in Tamil nadu and travel very often, never seen a drug with hindi or tamil label... Its English
10) Embassies are for the country - not for tamil nadu... But i got no idea how an embassy can promote movies ...
@Sashan can add to this....

Last edited by a moderator:
why NO?
Wiki says India's official languages are Hindi and English and all other languages are state level/Regional languages etc.

every state has its own official language. Like I am in Gujarat and here all official work is done in either Gujarati or English. Similarly in other states.

every state has its own official language. Like I am in Gujarat and here all official work is done in either Gujarati or English. Similarly in other states.

yep. I know that.
I meant the country's official language, so it's Hindi and English.

9 - many drug labels are in two languages - english and hindi - that is enough for us

Mr iyer not all ordinary Tamilians are fortunate like you to lhave the privilege to live in the west and be bi -lingual in English and Hindi

1) I do not know it is true or not - so no comments.

2) What is wrong if they asked to learn one more language.... I am a mallu and i speak 5 languages including tamil)

Its not about you and your ability to speak 5 languages, ordinary Tamilains are not as clever as Mallus to pick up 5 languages

Cross posting from a Tamil forum for your benefit

Is there Hindi imposition.

1. All Indian gov employees must pass Hindi exam.

2. all indian gov employees must write certain % of letters in Hindi (even within TN 50%)

3. Indian "national" TV has may be 50 times more Hindi movies than all other languages combined.

4. Indian regional channel in Chennai shows more Hindi movies than Tamil movies (TRUE)

5. Cheenai regional chanel shows Hindi news at early night time but Tamil news after most people go to sleep.

6. Indian gov employees in TN who do not pass Hindi exams do not get their annual pay raise.

7. Hindi announcement in air flight!

8. Hindi announcements in more and more TN rail stations

9. Drug labels in Hindi

10. Embassies are told to promote Hindi film

2259-is-there-hindi-imposition-in-india

Even though i dont like india that much but this post of yours is total BS mate - not one of them is true sadly :(.

Mr iyer not all ordinary Tamilians are fortunate like you to lhave the privilege to live in the west and be bi -lingual in English and Hindi

Your logic is full of B.S assuming someone to be an iyer or an iyengar if someone is bilingual. :lol:

And privileged? I came to this country with $45 and change literally and this country has treated me good.

do you get drug labels in Tamil in Singapore? Or in Malaysia?:D

The issue is why the drugs sold in Tamilnadu, which is 100 % Tamilians has only Hindi and English labels and not in Tamil ? Unless, like Mr Iyer 100 % of all Tamilians (including the fishermen) are bi lingual in English and Hindi

I was born and brought up in chennai- though my tamilian heriatge is 'recieved' because my family was from a neighboring state I am a PROUD Tamilian. WRT to questions on Tamil relationship with India, come down and meet me, I'll gag you and bind you Katch Thivu itself. Thamizha Rattam da, Indian !!!

You must not have read the question I posed, what did Tamilnadu benefit from being part of India

It got Hindi shafted down its throat
Lost its Tamil identity,
Arming and training Lankan army to kill Tamils (including Fishermen)
Gifting an Island to Lanka to kill Tamilnadu fishermen, and destroying the livelihood

If you have all the answers then I can come down and meet you , thank you

You must not have read the question I posed, what did Tamilnadu benefit from being part of India

It got Hindi shafted down its throat
Lost its Tamil identity,
Arming and training Lankan army to kill Tamils (including Fishermen)
Gifting an Island to Lanka to kill Tamilnadu fishermen, and destroying the livelihood

If you have all the answers then I can come down and meet you , thank you

Oh you have QUESTIONS? I'm sure I'll be able to answer them when I gag you.

Back
Top Bottom