What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couples of questions I wanted to ask.

1)What's the standard issue side-arm of the Pakistan Army?
2)The PK-10's that POF produces are they licensed/unlicensed copies of the Beretta 92's or an indigenous design?
3)Lastly what all AK various variants are in use by PA?I am aware of Type 56, 56-1(underfolder) and 56-2(sidefolder) all with milled receiver.Do these Type 56's have the AKM palmswell handguard or the regular Type 56/AK47 handguard or a mix of both?

1. There is no standard issue side arm with the PA. Officer mostly are buying their own weapons for self protection purposes in private capacity as well as they use it on official duties. Yeah, the special forces guys are issued with side arms, mostly Glocks and some other variants.

2. Most probably an unlicensed copy of the Beretta design. May not be 100% actual copy of the Beretta, but seems to be influenced by it and the firing mechanism may also be similar to Beretta.

3. We have the basic Type-56, 56-1 & 56-II versions in service an they have the regular palm swell hand guards. Plus, our special forces do use the Russian version of AK-47s and latest AK series too.

Taimi have u seen the new SMG(AK variant) issued to PA soldiers? in the brownish color,side foldable stock.... tht is made by POF...
Here:

The POF manufactured SMG.
ver6sg.jpg

TT,makarovs,vikings,ruggers and walthers are also being used by FC....

So this far, the specs (rough) are a Rugged simple system given the climatic and altitude variations, must fire the 7.62, economic to manufacture - why not partner with Turkiye on the 417 and in this way reduce costs for both?

Can we also discuss sights, especially day and night laser - what kinds of specs would the army want ?

1. There is no standard issue side arm with the PA. Officer mostly are buying their own weapons for self protection purposes in private capacity as well as they use it on official duties. Yeah, the special forces guys are issued with side arms, mostly Glocks and some other variants.

PA SSG are also equipped with the Steyr M9-A1's as there standard issue sidearm.

2. Most probably an unlicensed copy of the Beretta design. May not be 100% actual copy of the Beretta, but seems to be influenced by it and the firing mechanism may also be similar to Beretta.

It looks very similar to the Beretta 92

3. We have the basic Type-56, 56-1 & 56-II versions in service an they have the regular palm swell hand guards. Plus, our special forces do use the Russian version of AK-47s and latest AK series too.

By Russian version of AK-47 you mean the stamped receiver AKM or the original milled receiver AK-47?AK-103's are also used I believe?

What about PKM's and RPD's?Does the PA use the original Russian versions of the PK and RPD or the Chinese copies the Type 56 LMG(RPD) and Type 80(PK)?Dragunovs as well are they Russian or Chinese in origin?

How about the G-36? :D
GewehrAG36.jpg

ksk_g36_ag36_01.jpg

It'll make a good standard issue.

Why dont we modify our SMGs to the SSG standard rifles by POF? Or maybe the new Modified G-3S shown in ideas by POF.

Or just get the mehmet rifles frm turkey... will save us the hassle of wasting the magazines and the stock of 7.62 ammo.

@ TaimiKhan
do you think that AK-47 will be a good option. its true that this caliber matches the preference of PA with 7.62mm rounds but its accuracy is something that can easily be termed as poor.
if at all, PA does finalize the AK series, they must go for variant with some accuracy.
i think that after a successful experience with H&K PA must look into more options from this supplier.
we do need a gun that can fire repeat automatic rounds and also single shots (as per requirement), short burst mode of 3 rounds will be a nice addition and bonus.

why don't POF try and develop something of there own that can meet all the PA requirement. they take Billions in funds and must at least put up a successful show in this regard.

regards!

POF have put up a good show with the POF Eye and the modified AK and G-3 guns.
180794_1781080879891_1025517435_2066396_6894532_n.jpg

cornershot_2003_10_29.jpg

POF can develop the PA future assault Rifle as well. the only problem that i can think of is that if PA is to get guns from a local company like POF that is also state run organization, there will be lesser corruption margins for the high up and lesser opportunity to bag some $$$

regards!

Looks like we have found ourselves a solution - say hello to POF- G3s

Displayed in IDEX 2011 Dubai.
180794_1781080879891_1025517435_2066396_6894532_n.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

PA is interested in gun with a repeat fire/short burst/single shot interchangeable mod.
as per my information the G3S is still the same old single shot weapon. can anybody confirm?

m4s? come on man
i think g3 is good enough. accurate, very high power and more reliable then a m4.
if we are going to replace the g3 then it would be best to choose the HK416. it comes in both 5.56 and the 7.62

I think G3 also accurate but m4 is reliable g3.

PA SSG are also equipped with the Steyr M9-A1's as there standard issue sidearm.

It looks very similar to the Beretta 92

By Russian version of AK-47 you mean the stamped receiver AKM or the original milled receiver AK-47?AK-103's are also used I believe?

What about PKM's and RPD's?Does the PA use the original Russian versions of the PK and RPD or the Chinese copies the Type 56 LMG(RPD) and Type 80(PK)?Dragunovs as well are they Russian or Chinese in origin?

I think we do use RPD, and dragunov is only with SSG i think. The Infantry use the M series and G-3 with a scope comes in handy as well.

Taimi have u seen the new SMG(AK variant) issued to PA soldiers? in the brownish color,side foldable stock.... tht is made by POF...
Here:

TT,makarovs,vikings,ruggers and walthers are also being used by FC....

Yups, have even fired it.

This is the Chinese Type 56-2 assault rifle with side-folding stock and yeah being manufactured at POF. And they have started to manufacture in numbers as i have started to see a lot of them out there. It means this is gonna be the preferred weapon in coming years and would be the main weapon in the COIN operations.

So this far, the specs (rough) are a Rugged simple system given the climatic and altitude variations, must fire the 7.62, economic to manufacture - why not partner with Turkiye on the 417 and in this way reduce costs for both?

Can we also discuss sights, especially day and night laser - what kinds of specs would the army want ?

Sir, there is something going on behind the scenes, but its slow. May be in few months time we hear or see something. For now the financial position is tight, so a change of assault weapon may not be on the priority list.

But something on the basis of HK417 may be on the table.

And yeah as per XYON, PA is preferring the 7.62*39mm caliber for the future. This weapon AK47 works in nearly every terrain of Pakistan without any major problems or the ones which we face in case of G3s.

As said, SSG guys are issued or are using different pistols as side arms, some use Glocks, Steyrs are there also, seen the Russian Baikal MP-446 with some also. Anything in the 9mm caliber.

Regular PA soldiers are issued the Type 56 assault rifle with stamped steel receiver and recently they have started getting the Type-52-2 ones as shown in the above pic. These 2 are the ones in service with the normal PA soldiers, while SSG guys have Chinese, Russian both in service.

I have seen the RPDs more in service, compared to the PKMs (which may be in a very less quantity or may not be even there), RPDs are for sure in service, and again both Russian & Chinese may be in service. But these are just with the SSG guys, not with normal infantry troops, plus the para-military forces and reserve police forces in KPK use these ones, Chinese mostly and captured ones too. Draganovs are in service with FC mostly and PA is using in small numbers the captured ones from the militants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom