What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few considerations here for the record.

1. Pakistan Army's preference is the 7.62x39mm caliber and not 7.62x51mm NATO!

2. Pakistan Army will prefer to switch to any AK-47 variant or a platform that can fire (single shot, to fully auto) the 7.62x39mm bullet.

3. USA will not be considered. China is out too! Army is looking towards Russian/ European brands

2. Pakistan Army will prefer to switch to any AK-47 variant or a platform that can fire (single shot, to fully auto) the 7.62x39mm bullet.

3. USA will not be considered. China is out too! Army is looking towards Russian/ European brands

Well then what are they waiting for.

PA has already started getting the POF made AK-47s with the folding stock. Kind of Type-56C variant of the Chinese.

Get some experts, try to make a few changes in the firing mechanism, so that accuracy is improved and other atmospheric related improvements or whatever improvements are required or can be done, usage of good steel materials, composite material and give it picatinny rails / tactical rails for support of vertical fore grip and telescopic sights.

I believe hiring some experts from abroad and designing something in house is gonna be more cost effective compared to getting something from abroad.

By the way the AK series with 7.62*39mm bullet is also not a bad deal.

Ak-107 is a good platform to be looked into, provided the Russians give us something.

The G-3's I have seen use NATO 7.62...are the PAK Armies different?

The G-3's I have seen use NATO 7.62...are the PAK Armies different?

What he meant was that PA wishes to shift its caliber from 7.62*51mm to 7362*39mm, which would need a change in the firing platform also, a new platform other then G-3

What he meant was that PA wishes to shift its caliber from 7.62*51mm to 7362*39mm, which would need a change in the firing platform also, a new platform other then G-3

if we go a little back we had a system withen our pk series that could fire &.62 russian ,same operation as a G3 (less traning) but mor accurate than a AK 47 with hier rate of fire.i herd many ranking officers prefered that to be our next system.

if we go a little back we had a system withen our pk series that could fire &.62 russian ,same operation as a G3 (less traning) but mor accurate than a AK 47 with hier rate of fire.i herd many ranking officers prefered that to be our next system.

the final choice of weapon has not been made.

IMO, the opinion of the JCO and NCO is much preferred in case of battle rifles, along with the officers' of course.

Like I said, wouldn't be the first time and I may not know anything about it because it does not fall under areas of my concern. I hope it isn't 5.56mm.
Its the same caliber.

Anyways are we forgetting something?
The G3 used by Pakistan are a little different from those of Turkish.
Anyhow, we are changing the G3 with a gun of same caliber and same producer.
Wait for it to roll out.

:lol:

What did you take in breakfast today?

Hi,

My wife made some french toast--------another thing I forgot regarding the 5.56 round----it was thought that this bullet won't be lethal and the soldier would be wounded---but not critically---so other soldiers would stop to help him out----that meant tending to the wounded----that meant taking the resources away from the active battlefield.

Well---in real life this thought got negated---the soldiers / terrorists didnot stop to tend to the wounded----secondly the wounded could carry themselves for awhile longer if not hit in a critical area-----as compared to a hit from a .308 or from an AK 47 round-----.

People don't realize that it is the kinetic energy in the round that is debilitating----that is why they call the .50 round an anywhere round-----it hits you any where on the body-----you are gone----the shock of the impact of the larger calibre does you in---the jacketed 5.56 will just go through---. I don't want to get hit by it either.

Now don't get me wrong on that-----the american contractors experimented in iraq---a .177---.2 calibre rounds-----extremely high velocity round with muzzle velocity of around or over 4000ft/sec----in close quarters, this high speed bullet would shatter on impact and totally destroy the area where it contacted. But you can't use that round in a legally sanctioned war.

So, basically you need more rounds to take one person down-----now in close quarter fighting---you really need something with massive stopping power when you are facing someone high on opium and hash---. Also---in our frontier region---between the mountains and valleys----the range of combat varies widely----one moment you are firing at 300---500 yards----the next you are in close quarters---so---under these scenarios----it is very very difficult to pick up the right calibre rifle that can do it all in one go.

Here check out the HK-417 in the shorter barrel version, seems smaller then the AK-47with full wooden butt:

And the awesome firepower of G-3s, its a destructive weapon:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

My wife made some french toast--------another thing I forgot regarding the 5.56 round----it was thought that this bullet won't be lethal and the soldier would be wounded---but not critically---so other soldiers would stop to help him out----that meant tending to the wounded----that meant taking the resources away from the active battlefield.

Well---in real life this thought got negated---the soldiers / terrorists didnot stop to tend to the wounded----secondly the wounded could carry themselves for awhile longer if not hit in a critical area-----as compared to a .308 or from an AK 47 round-----.

People don't realize that it the kinetic energy in the round that is debilitating----that is why they call the .50 round an anywhere round-----it hits you any where on the body-----you are gone----the shock of the impact of the larger calibre does you in---the jacketed 5.56 just went through---I don't want to get hit by it either.

Now don't get me wrong on that-----the american contractors experimented in iraq---a .177---.2 calibre rounds-----extremely high velocity round with muzzle velocity of around or over 4000ft/sec----in close quartersthis high speed bullet would shatter on impact and totally destroy the area where it contacted. But you can't use that round in a legally sanctioned war.

French toasts are guud. Please tell her to make some more of those to you, it always brings out the best of you :)

Yeah, you are right. If one gets any on of these bullets the results can be fatal. The main essence of creating .56 was to "increase the logistic load of the enemy", that's to say, with more 'non-fatal' casualties the enemy would probably bog down (to back load the injured, medics, extraction, replacement etc) as compared to the enemy who would lose men, bury them and move forward, but as you have rightly pointed out that this wont work in our scenario, and with the hash and opium (man, you made my day, you couldnt have put better) and the blind motivation/determination that saturates in our case, i dont think a .56 would do much harm to it's receivers.

Couples of questions I wanted to ask.

1)What's the standard issue side-arm of the Pakistan Army?
2)The PK-10's that POF produces are they licensed/unlicensed copies of the Beretta 92's or an indigenous design?
3)Lastly what all AK various variants are in use by PA?I am aware of Type 56, 56-1(underfolder) and 56-2(sidefolder) all with milled receiver.Do these Type 56's have the AKM palmswell handguard or the regular Type 56/AK47 handguard or a mix of both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom