What's new

Repeated Failure of HUD & Cockpit Display Blank off of SU-30 MKI...!!!

You bet.. and Chinese copy them..

All r from same leak.

R u sure? Any backup source?

How Is this related to topic @WebMaster
hey i just quoted it from the letter it self in para 1 but i do not claim the authenticty of the post itself:cool::cool:

It's better to stay quite instead of disgracing yourself like this....

its better to post authenticate link than quoting from Twitter..

@Aeronaut @Oscar @WebMaster

without link was the reason why several good thread was blocked in the past.so why this double standard??is Twitter/Facebook an authenticate source now???

frankly speaking,I can post dozens of so called "Authenticate Fax" stating USA is now in control of Pakistani nukes or PA is retreating Lahore leaving TTP in control.

so my request is to lock this thread until an authenticate link is being posted.

Seriously, this is ridiculous, a thread based on Twitter posts?!

MKIs do not even use Russian avionics!

This BS does no add up.

Stop quoting me you delusional imbecile.
Never quote or address me again.

@WebMaster : This person gave a negative rating to an Indian member for calling BS on this "news", although it didn't break any rules. (The post has been edited, so I don't know if he said something rule breaking before.) Now who will give a negative rating to this person's name calling which actually does break forum rules? (I know it does, because I have gotten infractions for far less.)

This is why you shoud get rid of the rating system. I understand that it was brought in because of the shortage of moderators, but what it ends up doing is to add more work for you and the mods, because now you also have to analyze each instance of ratings given. And the fact that no Pakistani gives a negative to this post, tells you something about the system.

On topic: @RASHID MEHMOOD : When I asked for a proper source, you told me to discuss the news rather than asking for the source. We did so. Many of us asked how it makes sense that we would be asking Russia about HUD and display, when Russia had nothing to do with either. Since that very simple logical question has not been answered, I suggest you wait for better sources that confirm or discuss this, instead of posting more from the same place.

It doesn't matter how many "faxes" you pile up from the same place, when the credibility has not been established, and in fact appears very dubious. The plural of BS is not evidence.

@Death.By.Chocolate : The mission computer is also very much Indian, made by Samtel/DARE. As are everything else mentioned in these faxes. We would not have to go to Rosoboronexport for rectifying issues with these, if any.

This is nonsense. The avionics on the MKI were NEVER of Russian origin :sarcastic: (they were on the MKs but the IAF has 0 of these in service today). The MFDs AND HUD are manufactured in INDIA by SAMTAL under JV with ELBIT (an ISRAELI firm) :omghaha::omghaha:.

This stinks of BS, there would be no reason to be sending letter to Moscow, if anything it would be to the Israeli OEMs (if not just SAMTAL themselves).

I'm gonna call this as I see it- fabricated news.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a Pakistani hand in this- they are the ones who fabricated reports about Ecquador wanting to send back their ALHs when one crashed due to pilot error a few years a back (news was found to be false after both the Ecuadorians and Indians stated this was patently false), they also created fake Wikileaks about India and then lately were behind the SMS harassment storm pertaining to NE Indians in Bangalore.

Maybe this propaganda is a new front in Pakistan's proxy war against India, I don't know.....:coffee:

@Aeronaut maybe, instead of revelling in this, you should look over this "news" :pleasantry: with the same scrutiny you would if this had been a report on the F-16's or JFT's HUD/MFDs of the PAF? Just a suggestion.....:angel::angel:
Seems quite reactionary.. infact all Indians. Looking either sheepish or burying their head in the sand. If it is fake.. its from an INDIAN link. Shoot the message then. What if the Russians were involved in the integration.
Any further off topic post by Indians will be shot down and members banned. I need intelligent replies not wet cats.

its better to post authenticate link than quoting from Twitter..

@Aeronaut @Oscar @WebMaster

without link was the reason why several good thread was blocked in the past.so why this double standard??is Twitter/Facebook an authenticate source now???

frankly speaking,I can post dozens of so called "Authenticate Fax" stating USA is now in control of Pakistani nukes or PA is retreating Lahore leaving TTP in control.

so my request is to lock this thread until an authenticate link is being posted.
Really.. show those and Ill consider. There are no double standards at play other than from Indian members.

@
On topic: @[USER=151081]RASHID MEHMOOD
: When I asked for a proper source, you told me to discuss the news rather than asking for the source. We did so. Many of us asked how it makes sense that we would be asking Russia about HUD and display, when Russia had nothing to do with either. Since that very simple logical question has not been answered, I suggest you wait for better sources that confirm or discuss this, instead of posting more from the same place.

It doesn't matter how many "faxes" you pile up from the same place, when the credibility has not been established, and in fact appears very dubious. The plural of BS is not evidence.

@Death.By.Chocolate : The mission computer is also very much Indian, made by Samtel/DARE. As are everything else mentioned in these faxes. We would not have to go to Rosoboronexport for rectifying issues with these, if any.[/USER]

So Russian were at NO STAGE involved in assisting integration? or providing blueprints? or even just helping QC?
They just gave HAL the metal shell and all the fitting was done in house?
If that is all true.. why involve the Russians in the Super-30 upgrade at all? You can do it all in house..

So Russian were at NO STAGE involved in assisting integration? or providing blueprints? or even just helping QC?
They just gave HAL the metal shell and all the fitting was done in house?
If that is all true.. why involve the Russians in the Super-30 upgrade at all? You can do it all in house..

As of today, Russia does not even provide the metal shell. It is manufactured at HAL. Yes, some components still come from Russia, and 100 percent indegenization has not yet been achieved. But most of the manufacturing, and all of the assembling and integrating is done in India, so as of now there is no reason to go to Russia when an Indian component malfunctions.

As for super-30 - We need Russian technology, that we are not capable of developing just yet. We cannot make an AESA version of the NIIP-BARS for example. We are nowhere near the level needed to develop the sort of technologies we are looking for on the super-30. But integrating and assembling, and even manufacturing the MKIs - we are doing so now, and have been for a few years.

It's being covered by an Indian publication as well:

Indian Sukhoi 30 MKIs Suffering Multifunctional Display Failures; India Complains To Russia

India’s fleet of Sukhoi 30 MKI fighter aircraft are suffering multiple failures of its cockpit display system, if leaked documents are to be believed.

According to a communiqué between HAL and Irkut Corp dated 28 February 2014, the MC-1 or Mission Computer 1 and the head-up display (HUD) of the Su-30MKI has recorded “multiple cases of repeated failure”.

HAL, in its letter, says all head-up displays and multi-functional displays on the Russian fighter repeatedly “blanked-off” and that it has reached out to the Russians including Vladimir Lagutkin, Dy. Chief of Division, Rosoboronexport and V A Borodich, Senior VP of Military Aviation Project at Irkut Corp as well as O D Pankov, Chief Designer at the Sukhoi Design Bureau for remedial measures.

The letter also states that HAL had reached out to the Russian side on at least two occasions in March and April ’13 but had received no response in return.

The documents were stolen by a group calling itself the ‘Russian Cyber Command’ (RCC) who launched an attack on the Indian embassy’s network systems in Moscow in an effort to steal some 1000 documents concerning Rosoboronexport’s dealings with India and other countries which import arms from Russia.

It is not clear if the display problems referred to by HAL are in reference to the SU-30s imported from Russia or the later ones which were licence-manufactured by HAL with the display systems and other electronics sourced from international vendors.

The tandem glass cockpit of the Su-30MKI accommodates two pilots. The forward cockpit is equipped with an integrated avionics suite with the Elbit Su 967 head-up display (HUD), seven active-matrix liquid crystal displays (AMLCD) and primary cockpit instrumentation from Thales. The HAL-built aircraft are equipped with multifunction displays (MFD) supplied by Samtel Display Systems.

The Su-30MKI is also equipped with a N011M passive electronically scanned array radar, OLS-30 laser-optical locator system and Litening target designation pod to guide air-to-surface missile and laser guided munitions.

In 1996, New Delhi ordered eight Su-30K fighters and 32 Su-30MKI aircraft with enhanced avionics, engines and weapons and in 2000 HAL and Rosoboronexport signed a contract for the license production of Su-30MKI aircraft.

India, as of January 2013, operates approximately 150 Su-30MKIs but this number is set to grow to 222 taking into account total number of orders.

Under the terms of that contract, HAL will produce a total of 140 Su-30MKIs in four phases to complete the programme by 2015.

The Indian Air Force took delivery of the first ten Russian-made Su-30MKI aircraft in mid-2002 and the second batch of 12 aircraft was handed over in 2003.

The first Su-30MKI assembled by HAL was rolled out in November 2004 and the first two aircraft was delivered in March 2005. In 2007, the IAF placed an order with HAL for 40 Su-30MKIs.

Back
Top Bottom