What's new

Repeated Failure of HUD & Cockpit Display Blank off of SU-30 MKI...!!!

The first letter highlighting multiple failure cases was probably written in Oct 2013 as mentioned in Para 1.
Russian answer is still not available after 5 months, as mentioned in Para 4.

This is pretty serious.
hmm it Might be true but Why does it matter much its just for Single Mki Aircraft Might have some defects :undecided::undecided::undecided::undecided:So why Should we get worried :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

hmm it Might be true but Why does it matter much its just for Single Mki Aircraft Might have some defects :undecided::undecided::undecided::undecided:So wht is we worried :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Such letters are not written in single cases.
Read Para 1 & 4 again.

It says page 1of 4 any idea about the other three pages?

How did you intercept HAL's fax?:what:
...why are you surprised...lot of super enthusiasts ...give classified information on forums like this ...and make work of ISI easier...
These super enthusiast ...have to think before posting any info on forum...
The information may be available...but they do not have to 'collect' and serve to ISI...let them work harder and give us chance to catch some fishes...
...Need Zookman back....

Such letters are not written in single cases.
Read Para 1 & 4 again.
Ok Let Assume it might be in new configuration 10 i or11i some think But in letter it self its Says in Para 1 It say "10i and 11 i means two Serial production configuration aircraft are facing this problem. And in Para 4 its request made by NaSIK factory Facilities too correct these Faults. So What is the Big news in it Always Happens in Hybrid Projects :coffee::coffee::coffee: Like Mki which includes parts from third parties also.

Ok Let Assume it might be in new configuration 10 i or some think But in letter it self its Saysin Para 1 It say "10i and 11 i means two configuration aircraft are facing this problem. And in Para 4 its request made by NaSIK factory Facilities too correct these Faults. So What is the Big news in it Always Happens in Hybrid Projects :coffee::coffee::coffee:

You can enjoy your coffee, but the pilot flying the a/c probably won't after all his MFDs blank.

There is nothing false in what I am saying.
The document is in front of you and people who understand english and have a little knowledge of avionics can clearly see it.
You qouted me first, so better never qoute me again.

I have some queries regarding this letter. Earlier versions of Su 30 MKI uses display and HUD from Elbit, from 2010 SAMTEL systems are going to provide HUD and MFD.

from wiki
The displays include a highly customized version of the Israeli Elbit Su 967 head-up display consisting of bi-cubic phase conjugated holographic displays and seven liquid crystal multifunction displays, six 127 mm x 127 mm and one 152 mm x 152 mm. The HUD was widely misreported to be the VEH 3000 from Thales. Variants of the same HUD have also been chosen for the IAF's Mikoyan MiG-27 and SEPECAT Jaguar upgrades, on grounds of standardization. Flight information is displayed on four LCD displays which include one for piloting and navigation, a tactical situation indicator, and two for display systems information including operating modes and overall operation status. The rear cockpit is fitted with a larger monochromatic screen display for the air-to-surface missile guidance. The Su-30MKI on-board health and usage monitoring system (HUMS) monitors almost every aircraft system and sub-system including the avionics sub-systems. It can also act as an engineering data recorder

Beginning in 2010, HUDs and Multi-Function Displays (MFD) will be provided by the Delhi-based Samtel Display Systems. These are indigenously designed and built and are not part of a joint foreign venture.[49]

Russians are not providing this stuff.

@Rashid Mahmood - Link please, or we will have to ask HAL to use the AFNET encrypted link in future, to make sure military professionals from the other side don't read their communications.:P
And I don't understand why this document has no security classification on the top and bottom, according to the Indian Official Secrets Act?

This should have been classified as 'CONFIDENTIAL' at least.

Or is this some kinda hoax? As Srinivas mentioned above, the Su 30 MKI uses display and HUD from SAMTEL systems which is an India based company. WTF have the Russians got to do with it?

I smell a rat here!

could be a fake one as well
OP found it from twitter
anyone can edit the content or date or anything else....

Iam Saying There is Not Such Big Matter here Which you trying too correct here Or which Hal cannot correct By itz Own.As for Your Knowledge Sukhoi Mki are Proven fighters in RED flags exercises and other exercises with western nations

And I don't understand why this document has no security classification on the top and bottom, according to the Indian Official Secrets Act?

This should have been classified as 'CONFIDENTIAL' at least.

Or is this some kinda hoax? As Srinivas mentioned above, the Su 30 MKI uses display and HUD from SAMTEL systems which is an India based company. WTF have the Russians got to do with it?

I smell a rat here!

That was my initial suspicion too. Memos and communications like these usually have a 'classified' or 'confidential' seal on the top and bottom. That's why I asked for source, and the OP basically told me to stop asking, although I believe there is a forum rule that any new thread with new info should have a link.

And yes, the MKIs use displays and HUD made in India. Maybe the oldest in service had them from Russia?

Either that, or the OP got trolled.

That was my initial suspicion too. Memos and communications like these usually have a 'classified' or 'confidential' seal on the top and bottom. That's why I asked for source, and the OP basically told me to stop asking, although I believe there is a forum rule that any new thread with new info should have a link.

And yes, the MKIs use displays and HUD made in India. Maybe the oldest in service had them from Russia?

Either that, or the OP got trolled.

Here is the link:

CyberGuerrilla soApboX » RUSSIAN ROSOBORONEXPORT MASSIVE LEAK, Military trade of Russia Exposed!

pP1eED8.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I saw that when put up by another member. Not sure if this letter is included in those leaks, and I don't want to go through all the thousands of docs there. Besides, as explained above, many things don't add up. Like the fact that the HUD and display are not from Russia. Earlier it was Israeli, and now Indian. So this letter makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom