What's new

Remembering India’s Forgotten Holocaust

Looks like,No non Hindus were starved or died in that famine??...Lakhs of Muslims and other minorities were also died in that famine...
Here the word Hindu means Indians..Even today for many outsider nations India means Hindu and they treat each and every Indians as Hindus irrespective of their faith..But you dimwits are giving religious angle to each and every thing without proper reasoning..No wonder,How could we expect sense from a f Shiva sena troll like you??

India is created as a Hindu nation of South Asia. Pakistan was created as the Muslim nation. Religious differences is why these two countries were created in the first place. If not for the religious differences, there won't be a need for partition. The same can apply to Palestine as well.

India is created as a Hindu nation of South Asia. Pakistan was created as the Muslim nation. Religious differences is why these two countries were created in the first place. If not for the religious differences, there won't be a need for partition. The same can apply to Palestine as well.
Correction

India was created as a secular nation.

Its Pakistan that calls itself an Islamic Republic

Correction

India was created as a secular nation.

Its Pakistan that calls itself an Islamic Republic

That may be in theory. But in practice, its not the case. At least that is not what Subramanian Swamy of the ruling Indian party said. He correctly claim that India is a Hindu state.

Looks like,No non Hindus were starved or died in that famine??...Lakhs of Muslims and other minorities were also died in that famine...
Here the word Hindu means Indians..Even today for many outsider nations India means Hindu and they treat each and every Indians as Hindus irrespective of their faith..But you dimwits are giving religious angle to each and every thing without proper reasoning..No wonder,How could we expect sense from a f Shiva sena troll like you??

:lol: When white christian churchill says "hindu" it means Indians when when Indians like subramanian swamy or RSS says "hindu" it does not mean all Indians. You are a certified moron and a certified bigot. STOP STALKING ME. Put me one your ignore list for god sake.

[paste:font size="6"]RAKESH KRISHNAN SIMHA
June 13, 2014, Issue 25 Volume 11
Print & Email
Comment
Share on facebookShare on twitter
Share on google_plusone_shareShare on redditMore Sharing Services

img17.jpg

Scorched earth By 1943, hordes of starving people were flooding into Calcutta and a huge number of them died on the city streets. Photo Courtesy: Wikimedia Commons

The Bengal Famine of 1943-44 must rank as the greatest disaster in the subcontinent in the 20th century. Nearly 4 million Indians died because of an artificial famine created by the British government, and yet it gets little more than a passing mention in Indian history books.

Remembering India’s forgotten holocaust | Tehelka.com

thank you for bringing this one up . the death toll runs in millions at the hands of the British empire that doctored a famine in India. I was planning to start the thread on this subject some time ago to share what we the people of subcontinent have forgotten.
rest in peace to all the dead Indians.
Never ever forget the past and those responsible for the genocide at this grand level. figures are disputed some say 35 million Indians were systematically killed by destroying the crops and forcing the farmers not to grow anything. and it was done for decades to control the population.

the allies were the victors of WW2 so they conveniently covered their own atrocities against the civilians.

:lol: When white christian churchill says "hindu" it means Indians when when Indians like subramanian swamy or RSS says "hindu" it does not mean all Indians. You are a certified moron and a certified bigot. STOP STALKING ME. Put me one your ignore list for god sake.
What??...Who said otherwise??
Check my earlier posts about Hindu rashtra.....

So who is really Evil ? The guy on the Right or the guy on the left ?

In popular history, one is a war Hero, one is a Villain.

Well, I would like to tell it in Churchill's own words: "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it" !!

The Brits always try to apologist towards him and won't stop narrating like a broken record how he was great.

You obviously are an idiot with no clue about History or how fair minded people are here. Churchill was a great leader during the World War but after the war in 1945 he lost the election inspite of leading UK to a great victory. He was like Indira Gandhi great in 1971 but a failure after the emergency. She created Bhinderwale to cut the Akali to size and nearly lost Punjab.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 26 | 1945: Churchill loses general election

1945: Churchill loses general election
Clement Attlee has been elected Britain's new prime minister after Labour won a sweeping victory in the general election.
The outgoing prime minister and great wartime leader Winston Churchill tendered his resignation immediately.

The landslide victory comes as a major shock to the Conservatives following Mr Churchill's hugely successful term as Britain's war-time coalition leader, during which he mobilised and inspired courage in an entire nation.

"wherein Nayar threw an allegation at Mountbatten: "But your act of advancing the date by ten months resulted in the killing of over a million on both sides of the border, I charged. It was as if I had touched a raw nerve because he suddenly became pensive and lapsed into silence. After a while he said that in the 1947 Partition riots nearly 2.5 million people had died but he had saved three to four million people from starvation during the 1943 Bengal famine by giving 10 per cent of the space on his ships for the transport of food grains to Calcutta despite Churchill's opposition."

"When in response to an urgent request by the Secretary of State for India, Leo Amery, and Wavell to release food stocks for India, Churchill responded with a telegram to Wavell asking,

if food was so scarce, "why Gandhi hadn’t died yet
."

1945: Churchill loses general election
Clement Attlee has been elected Britain's new prime minister after Labour won a sweeping victory in the general election.
The outgoing prime minister and great wartime leader Winston Churchill tendered his resignation immediately.
The landslide victory comes as a major shock to the Conservatives following Mr Churchill's hugely successful term as Britain's war-time coalition leader, during which he mobilised and inspired courage in an entire nation.

So many Brits also blame him for dragging Britain into an expensive war and draining Britain's wealth to bankruptcy(also the destruction of the British empire and glory because of that) but a large section of Brits still have a cult worshiping for him. Most of the Brits I talked to try to downplay or deny Churchill's role in Bengal famine or constantly parroting the Nazi threat as if he did nothing wrong in his policies that lead to deaths of millions in Bengal.

I don't think there was any choice there. None whatsoever.

Their appeasing of Germans and silently watching the rise of Nazis in a hope to destroy the Soviets was one of the main reason, Britain was dragged to that point.

Their appeasing of Germans and silently watching the rise of Nazis in a hope to destroy the Soviets was one of the main reason, Britain was dragged to that point.

That wasn't Churchill's doing.

Back
Top Bottom