What's new

‘Remarks on Prophet India’s internal matter…why should we instigate?’: Bangladesh Minister Hasan Mahmud

Apparently pakistani people are extremely mad about what some bangladeshi minister said. If they concentrated the same way towards their economy they wouldn't be in their current situation.

You guys should keep on playing the condemnation game, and let us do ours.

Emotional and hot-headed country.

Let them froth about what a BD Minister says as it will make no difference to BD’s strategic policy.

Good to see the wide-spread debate on social media on the subject. After following some of the discussions I am getting an idea why most of the Arab countries who matter went quite on the subject. Keep the discussions alive.

Apparently pakistani people are extremely mad about what some bangladeshi minister said. If they concentrated the same way towards their economy they wouldn't be in their current situation.

You guys should keep on playing the condemnation game, and let us do ours.

We can be angry about more than one thing. If small d!ck energy powered pajeets can be angry on many different issues then why not us?

Good to see the wide-spread debate on social media on the subject. After following some of the discussions I am getting an idea why most of the Arab countries who matter went quite on the subject. Keep the discussions alive.

I also hope that the debate would continue. Can only see more and more converts coming Islam way with pajeet whining even more

Nupur has apologised, her party has apologised, her government has apologised, end of the story.

We can be angry about more than one thing. If small d!ck energy powered pajeets can be angry on many different issues then why not us?

I also hope that the debate would continue. Can only see more and more converts coming Islam way with pajeet whining even more
Do you want to see and hear some of the logical debates.

Nupur has apologised, her party has apologised, her government has apologised, end of the story.
When did she apologize?

Why should BD comment on an Indian internal issue?

Separating state and religion is the only way to progress in this world - countries that cannot do so never move into the modern world.

India is setting itself on fire and BD can only watch and try to limit the blowback to itself.
Don't mix up pragmatism and cowardice. You're at the risk of being used and abused repeatedly by your neighbor if you never open your mouth even once.

It's not about secularism either. Don't use it as an excuse. BD's general attitude towards India reminds me of a house n*gger.

It's one thing to have a good relationship with your next door neighbor but totally another to succumb to his abuse.

May he be cursed and see the death of a dog soon.!

Bangladesh is playing the long game. They will be subservient to the bhartis until their economy is strong. They will then use their new found wealth upon strengthening their military. After this, they will unleash themselves on the bhartis like yajooj majooj.

They’ve been munching on the hilsa because the bones sharpen their teeth. When the Bangladeshis are done with India, the chakra on the bharti flag will be replaced with a red circle.

May Allah swt deliver the hindus from the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger, and the revenge of the Bangladeshis..
thanks for the post, good one, cheers

Do you want to see and hear some of the logical debates.

I have seen many debates

This recent blasphemy by that pajeetni nupur sharma would only result in further growth of Islam

Good for us

When did she apologize?

I have seen many debates

This recent blasphemy by that pajeetni nupur sharma would only result in further growth of Islam

Good for us

Then keep the debate alive ,good for you. Let the debates put some sense in the heads of the fringe elements.

Thanks for the optimism but I stand by my words.

You have talked about macro indicators, which is the same approach most Pakistani economists take, including Imran Khan's appointees. It is the 'trickle down' approach that fixing the macro will take care of the micro. Look after the rich and the poor will eventually benefit down the line.

That simply does not work in Pakistan. LOL. I sound like @jamahir

Pakistan now has shiny malls and imported good, luxury car dealerships and stratospheric house prices, but all this opulence is funded by corruption. Corruption in the sense that very few people pay income tax. If Pakistan had the same tax rates and collection as developed countries, all these shiny things would disappear. Instead we would have good schools, universities, hospitals, public parks, public transportation, clean air, and a host of things which are nonexistent in Pakistan. KIds in rural areas would not be dying of water poisoning and malnutrition while the upper middle class drives by in imported cars on artificially expensive motorways built with corruption.

You also mentioned Reko Dig, so let me give you three models around the world:

- The Russian model where a handful of billionaire oligarchs control the country's mineral wealth while the general population wonders if they had been better off under the Soviets, with at least some things guaranteed.

- The GCC model where the dictators spend the nation's wealth on shiny new buildings and billion dollar weapons systems. Instead of building universities to train their own people in 21st century technologies, they import workers or export money so other countries can build those universities and train their people.

- The Norway model where the income from mineral wealth goes into a national fund which helps build schools, universities, hospitals and fund retirement and social benefits for the whole country.

What's the difference between these three models? It's the people running the country. Afghanistan has more mineral wealth than Saudi Arabia. LIthium, copper, rare earths, you name it, they've got it in abundance and good quality. Sadly, even if they develop those resource, we know the West and other countries will make sure they follow the Russian or GCC model, not the Norway model.

So, coming back to Pakistan, I do not see any chance of improvement for the masses regardless of global changes or massive resource discoveries. The entrenched corrupt system simply will not go, not least because it is defended by foreign interests that want to make sure Pakistan remains where it is.
Optimism is almost always the outlook when we try to predict long term outlook for any country. This is the point that I try to make.

A couple of points about what you've said:

a) Low tax to GDP ratio is very common in low income countries that have progressive taxation. This is because most of the labor force makes tax exempt income or is employed by the informal sector (ergo get paid in cash). Even what is seen as middle class is typically of low income with a large portion of income below minimum tax slab. Developing countries can raise indirect taxes to improve tax collection, but that is regressive and will disproportionately hurt the low income voter base. Tax to GDP ratio is a derivative of low per capita income unless you want to adopt a regressive tax system. You should spare this a thought before comparing tax collection of a developing country with a developed country.

b) Pakistan's per capita resource availability is not in the same ball park as Russia, GCC or Norway. Reko Diq can give about $2 billion annually and therefore cannot be compared to the surplus funds generated by any of these countries. I think this money will be barely sufficient to balance the subsidies and lack of FDI inflow in the country. So you do not have worry about people running the country misappropriating funds. They will be compelled to use them to avoid a BOP crisis.

Yesterday there was news about Pakistan exiting the FATF grey list. This is good for future FDI prospects :cheers:

1 or 2 places up or down one list(TI) means nothing dude.

All 3 countries are on similar levels.

BD politicians are corrupt and loyal to the state like S. Korean ones were - does not mean that BD economy will not power ahead and become "middle-income" by 2035.

Then Pakistan will be left as the only 3rd world country in S Asia - even Nepal and Bhutan may be pulled into "middle-income" status as they supply GWs of hydroelectricity each year to power BD industrialisation.

Sorry but BD is on a totally different ball-game here to Pakistan and even India.

If you disagree let's chat in 2035.:coffee:

BD is 80 odd positions below India and some 30-40 positions below PK. Thats not 1-2.

Even in 2035 Dhaka will look similar to african cities , your govt will keep fudging data and you will be explaining here how its "wealth accumilation" and we should wait for 2050 to see results.

Back
Top Bottom