What's new

Religions must be Chinese in orientation: official

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are in Southeast Asia.

Most of the foreigners there are either guest workers from South Asia or Western expats living in their expat bubble. They aren't moving there permanently or mingling with the locals.

Still East Asia genius.

They do mingle with locals, I should know, I was one of them.

Alright you got me.

Islam is still the 3rd most popular religion in the region though.

So much for being incompatible.

Nice argument you have there. It's only 25 million people out of 1.6b people, of which most are concentrated in Xinjiang whose location is nearer to Central Asia. It's akin to saying Jewish is compatible for the Middle East because it's the second most popular religion there without taking into consideration the percentage.

Nice argument you have there. It's only 25 million people out of 1.6b people, of which most are concentrated in Xinjiang. It's akin to saying Jewish is compatible for the Middle East because it's the second most popular religion there without taking into consideration the percentage.

It shows Islam is compatible and that some of you clearly like the religion.

Likewise, the fact that there are Jewish Arabs show certain Arabs like Judaism, and that the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Your argument is a strange one. If people form somewhere follow a religion in sizeable numbers, then clearly the religion is compatible. Just because you don't like the religion, doesn't mean that it's incompatible with the people of your region.

no religion is inherently incompatible, so long as it can be adapted to local tradition.

False.

The religion is only incompatible if people reject it.

If it has a sizeable following, it's compatible even if it's followers reject their old culture.

It shows Islam is compatible and that some of you clearly like the religion.

Likewise, the fact that there are Jewish Arabs show certain Arabs like Judaism, and that the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Your argument is a strange one. If people form somewhere follow a religion in sizeable numbers, then clearly the religion is compatible. Just because you don't like the religion, doesn't mean that it's incompatible with the people of your region.

But they are clearly a minority which is contrary to your argument of Islam being the 3rd most popular religion means it's compatible for the region. There's no correlation here whether it's compatible or incompatible.

Can we say that Islam is a terrorist religion because most acts of terrorism committed in the name of religion are Islamic in nature? No, because the ones committing such act are a very small minority of Islam.

Same logic.

But they are clearly a minority which is contrary to your argument of Islam being the 3rd most popular religion means it's compatible for the region. There's no correlation here whether it's compatible or incompatible.

Can we say that Islam is a terrorist religion because most acts of terrorism committed in the name of religion are Islamic in nature? No, because the ones committing such act are a very small minority of Islam.

Same logic.

A religion can't be incompatible for a region or a people, that doesn't make any sense.

Terrorism is different, that's an ideology.

A religion can't be incompatible for a region or a people, that doesn't make any sense.

That's a broad statement. If you want to be absolute and argue on semantics, then yes, it doesn't make sense because there will always be exceptions. However I'm arguing in general terms and the likelihood of Islam being widely practiced in East Asia, which the possibility is close to nil.

That's a broad statement. If you want to be absolute and argue on semantics, then yes, it doesn't make sense. However I'm arguing in general terms and the likelihood of Islam being widely practiced in East Asia, which the possibility is close to nil.

Islam is the fastest growing religion worldwide, it's not implausible for East Asia to eventually gain a substantial number of Muslims.

And the majority of growth are due to high birth rates, not because people of other faith find Islam appealing.

Not entirely. Conversions play a fairly substantial part too, but I'll admit it's not as much as the fact that we reproduce like rabbits.

Terrorism is different, that's an ideology.

I beg to pardon, but religion is also an ideology. Because it influence not only to the belief system of a person, but also his way of life. Which include but not only political view and culture. A religion follower can dispose his own cultural identity and absorbed into the culture of where the religion come from. A religion sect who has a lot of followers can even force a country to acknowledge their will. That's why religion is an ideology. They have a very powerful political power when they have a lot of followers in a country.

But at the same time, Communism is also a religion in their own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom