What's new

Religion first or your country

Religion first or your country

• Country

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • Religion

Votes: 47 58.0%

• Total voters
Country, ethnicity, Muslim "identity" (it's complicated for me), city/region, clan in that order for me atleast

For most people it's probably relgion, country, ethnicity, city, clan

Religious Identity is always above any other identity for me and should be for every Muslim. Borders change. Islam doesn't

Also bharatis saying in that video that they put country above religion are bullshitting like any other thing linked to India. Complete BS

Religious Identity is always above any other identity for me and should be for every Muslim. Borders change. Islam doesn't

Also bharatis saying in that video that they put country above religion are bullshitting like any other thing linked to India. Complete BS

Depends - you even do not trust on general public opinion then no words to say anything to you.
These are the complete videos.

Depends - you even do not trust on general public opinion then no words to say anything to you.
These are the complete videos.

BS videos

Same people saying that they put country above religion would be busy rioting against muslim living next door when next pogrom would happen

Yeh dramai ab puranai ho gaye hain. Chor do yeh dramai

for hindus it is country first when in india because to them india (durga mata) and hinduism are synonyms. for hindu abroad it is india first even if your name is sunak.

for some sikhs it is religion for others it is country (atleast this is the impression they like to give when abroad)

for the so called muslim in pakistan it is zaat first 2nd is firqa. but in order to look all pious and holy like the present day imam e ahzam khan, they will say Islam.

for the average Christian and Ismaili it is Pakistan (and security, monetary or otherwise) first

Country, ethnicity, Muslim "identity" (it's complicated for me), city/region, clan in that order for me atleast

For most people it's probably relgion, country, ethnicity, city, clan
Isn't it just simpler to have one identity i.e. Muslim. The rest are your circumstances, not identity. You have no choice in them.

BTW, I am not in favor of the whole ummah BS. No afghani Pakistani bhai bhai.

My religious identity doesn't force me to treat muslims and non-muslims differently. In fact, quite the opposite. It's actively shuns bigotry.

I also don't believe my muslim identity is in clash with my Pakistaniat. What's the worst form on conflict that can happen? Pakistan becomes a westernized liberal LGBTQIA+ haven? Well, aren't we already dying to go live in the same western countries? If my imaan is weakened by seeing half naked women or public displays of intimacy, the problem is with me, not with the place I live in.

@Areesh @SIPRA

The question is so absurd and stupid first place .

Like mother or father

for hindus it is country first when in india because to them india (durga mata) and hinduism are synonyms. for hindu abroad it is india first even if your name is sunak.

for some sikhs it is religion for others it is country (atleast this is the impression they like to give when abroad)

for the so called muslim in pakistan it is zaat first 2nd is firqa. but in order to look all pious and holy like the present day imam e ahzam khan, they will say Islam.

for the average Christian and Ismaili it is Pakistan (and security, monetary or otherwise) first
I think OP asked everyone to vote for themselves. Not the entire demography of Pakistan. :lol:

But, it's good that's you've asked all of these groups you are representing. /s

Yup. In the end, you are going to be judged based on the Quran, not the constitution of Pakistan.

Gangus are saying they prefer India over their religion, just because it's synonymous for them a la Hindutva.

Indian muslims are saying it because ....... well we all know the answer to that, don't we?

Just wanted to take opinion of PDF members because in the video... Pakistani people are saying religion comes first and indian the country

I also vote for country
Easy for a person to say when they belong to the majority religion which largely shaped the identity and culture of the country they belong to. Easy to say when their religion is a colonial construct or at the very least a response to colonialism; an artificial identity.

Muslims do not believe Islam is man-made to make various ethnicities/cultures of the world subservient to Arabs as many deluded Hindu-nationalists believe. Islam does not erase a culture, it purifies it of corrupt and immoral practices.

Excerpt from the Last Sermon of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH):

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a White has no superiority over a Black nor a Black has any superiority over a White except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly."

India is arguably the world’s largest fake-news and propaganda factory so by default this feat should be taken as a reflection of Indian society to whitewash the state-sponsored discrimination against minority religions. Pakistan is in no way innocent but it hardly adheres to Shariah. We should all learn from the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) on how to treat people of other faiths

For us its one and the same.
The uniqueness of Pakistani nationalism, and how our adherence to the two-nation theory defines our policy towards ethnic minorities and the country we view as our Hindu-National counterpart but which itself seemingly aspires to be a home for both.

Loaded Question.

Pakistan and Islam are one of the same.

But the State cannot exist without Islam, whilst Islam can exist without a state.
Islam is a state of being that is incumbent upon the State.

It cannot be separated from Pakistan, otherwise Pakistan will cease to be.

But states fall, countries fall and loyalties fall. Islam remains standing.

You could believe in something today, and change your mind in a few years. But a Turk will always be a Turk.

You can't change your family, you can't change your nation, you can't change your blood. And that's what makes you you.

If your brother doesn't believe in Islam anymore, he's still your brother.

Blut & Ehre

Last edited:

Just wanted to take opinion of PDF members because in the video... Pakistani people are saying religion comes first and indian the country

I also vote for country
are you serious? your jokes are becoming stale.

If what you say is correct, than "Hindu: Rashtra will not be Indian dream.

Back
Top Bottom