What's new

Religion can’t be sole foundation: Mooshahary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please explain this ' not extreme as Jamatis '

I have seen a tendency of labelling Jamatis as Taleban!! Which is absolutely wrong. Jamatis are very democratic and corruption free politicians. They strictly follow policies which are close to Mursi or Erdogan.....

i agree about the corruption free part. not sure about democratic though maybe you are right . but really jamatis are the closest thing to taliban in bangladesh. atleast from my view . their supporters constantly go on about unification with pak.

but please tell me how they are like erdogan or mursi , i am very interested bro :)

They have enough pakistani fans to form the main opposition party.

doesnt make sense, you guys support Israel everywhere, does that mean you people are loyal to Israel but not India?? Pakistan and Bangladesh are no longer enemy, just like France-Germany!!! if Bangladeshis support pakistan, they do it for two reasons- 1. Muslim country! 2. As apo mentioned A strong Pakistan is necessary to keep the sub continent balanced or keep indian monopoly away.

doesnt make sense, you guys support Israel everywhere, does that mean you people are loyal to Israel but not India?? Pakistan and Bangladesh are no longer enemy, just like France-Germany!!! if Bangladeshis support pakistan, they do it for two reasons- 1. Muslim country! 2. As apo mentioned A strong Pakistan is necessary to keep the sub continent balanced or keep indian monopoly away.

Not because of me being your brother ! :cry:

On a serious note - Why was it Zia of all people (a military man) who established relations *good relations* with Pakistan ? Shouldn't he be the best placed person to know the truth about the 'alleged atrocities' that my Army committed ?

Didn't we see the 'brotherly love' in 1971?

Babes tum kiyunnn taaanng araaatiii hai ?

i agree about the corruption free part. not sure about democratic though maybe you are right . but really jamatis are the closest thing to taliban in bangladesh. atleast from my view . their supporters constantly go on about unification with pak.

but please tell me how they are like erdogan or mursi , i am very interested bro :)

their supporters support unification with Pak?? wait. i disagree. I live with them in hostel, none of them ever mentioned about unification... never seen any of their leaders saying so in post-independent Bangladesh!! They are strongly anti - India. thats it. As a moral supporter of caliphate i have often debated with them on importance of Unified Muslim world, but they were always against them. It seemed to me they are trying their best to jerk pakistan tag off!!

Jamatis of my age ( or post pakistan era) are more interested in Hasan al Banna Hassan al-Banna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia than Moududi!! By Mursi i meant Muslim Brotherhood.

their supporters support unification with Pak?? wait. i disagree. I live with them in hostel, none of them ever mentioned about unification... never seen any of their leaders saying so in post-independent Bangladesh!! They are strongly anti - India. thats it. As a moral supporter of caliphate i have often debated with them on importance of Unified Muslim world, but they were always against them. It seemed to me they are trying their best to jerk pakistan tag off!!

Jamatis of my age ( or post pakistan era) are more interested in Hasan al Banna Hassan al-Banna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia than Moududi!! By Mursi i meant Muslim Brotherhood.

Caliphate ? Dude...give me an Umar bin Khattab & I'd swear allegiance to him without a second thought but alas we're stuck with the Zardaris, the Hasinas, the Sharifs & the Khaleedas of the world ! A caliphate or even anything remotely similar to it means a 'potential' for enormous abuse !

On a serious note - Why was it Zia of all people (a military man) who established relations *good relations* with Pakistan ? Shouldn't he be the best placed person to know the truth about the 'alleged atrocities' that my Army committed ?

not Zia, Mujib established Good relation with Pakistan. he even had to go against his party members. Pakistan was always important to Bangladesh For its significance in Muslim World! Countries like Saudi Arabia was vital for our development and Pakistan was part of it. Both Mujib and Zia knew it well.

one of my most favourite photos....

3262267571_065616631f.jpg

Well, no offense - but this Mooshahary sounds pretty foolish too.

Whats foolish with what he said. It is true that if religion was the sole foundation, then there would only be 6 countries in the world for the 6 major religions rather than the 200 odd we have. Hard to argue against his logic...

Some were actively involved in the idea of Pakistan. Many - most, as I think anyone examining the 1971 election campaign and results can tell - were not thrilled at the idea. And even those in favor of Pakistan did not favor creating Pakistan as a Punjabi-Sindhi instrument of property and income redistribution from East to West.

6 points movement by Mujib was very popular and that was why people brought him to power. To my knowledge 6 points didnt contradict two nations theory!

The constitution should provide for a Federation of Pakistan in its true sense based on the Lahore Resolution and the parliamentary form of government with supremacy of a Legislature directly elected on the basis of universal adult franchise.
The federal government should deal with only two subjects: Defence and Foreign Affairs, and all other residual subjects should be vested in the federating states.
Two separate, but freely convertible currencies for two wings should be introduced; or if this is not feasible, there should be one currency for the whole country, but effective constitutional provisions should be introduced to stop the flight of capital from East to West Pakistan. Furthermore, a separate Banking Reserve should be established and separate fiscal and monetary policy be adopted for East Pakistan.
The power of taxation and revenue collection should be vested in the federating units and the federal centre would have no such power. The federation would be entitled to a share in the state taxes to meet its expenditures.
There should be two separate accounts for the foreign exchange earnings of the two wings; the foreign exchange requirements of the federal government should be met by the two wings equally or in a ratio to be fixed; indigenous products should move free of duty between the two wings, and the constitution should empower the units to establish trade links with foreign countries.
East Pakistan should have a separate militia or paramilitary force.

Whats foolish with what he said. It is true that if religion was the sole foundation, then there would only be 6 countries in the world for the 6 major religions rather than the 200 odd we have. Hard to argue against his logic...

Isn't that better than 34 times the disunity and consequently the immense disparity in resource distribution? ;)

6 points movement by Mujib was very popular and that was why people brought him to power. To my knowledge 6 points didnt contradict two nations theory!
6-points would have essentially made E. Pakistan an independent nation, reducing Pakistan from a centralized state to a confederate one of mostly-autonomous provinces. That was the "original" idea of Pakistan - not what Pakistan became by 1971 and rump Pakistan still is today.

Pakistan broke apart into 'Pakistan' & 'Bangladesh' not because of the failure of ideology but because of the failure of governance. You cannot marginalize & abuse an entire race of people & still expect some semblance of 'Brotherhood' to hold its ground. Nor can you expect your 'enemy' to not exploit your own failings to the fullest.

Pakistan broke apart in '71 because we didn't treat 'Brothers' as they should have been treated & we gave ample opportunities to our enemy to exploit our mistakes. And by 'We' I mean the both of us - the East & the West.

Dont you think that marginalizing and abusing an entire race of people is failure of idealogy. Still there are many races which are not treated properly and same is now discussed in Pak Supreme court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom