What's new

Record rice export fetches $2bn

so by 2015 we have projected to increase our exports upto $65 billion dollars right? i don't think we can achieve this figure

well, if the textile industry grows upto $25 billion dollars worth of export by 2012 that is predicted and 4 billion dollars of rice....... our two major products worth 29 billion dollars by 2012............. well still its not possible i believe unless some major industires suddenly starts producing at their full capacity and grow dramatically? What say??????

so by 2015 we have projected to increase our exports upto $65 billion dollars right? i don't think we can achieve this figure

well, if the textile industry grows upto $25 billion dollars worth of export by 2012 that is predicted and 4 billion dollars of rice....... our two major products worth 29 billion dollars by 2012............. well still its not possible i believe unless some major industires suddenly starts producing at their full capacity and grow dramatically? What say??????

^^^ good show, all the best to Pakistan.

We are going through a drought here, 25% drop in paddy output. India may import rice from Pakistan. Why go far if its available next door. Though politicians are not always logical.

Yes, your proposal is logical, but Basmati is usually used to prepare some delicacies and is consumed by the rich people everywhere. But, in times of drought when there is a shortage of food, a country will have to import coarse rice in bulk for consumption by ordinary people.

I have heard the NW of Pakistan produces ordinary rice. So, if Pakistan has excess of this rice, it can be sold to India. There should be dialogue and also trade between the two countries.

Thats great news but i dont know for how long we can remain unaffected by climate change that we are seeing in India.

Yes, your proposal is logical, but Basmati is usually used to prepare some delicacies and is consumed by the rich people everywhere. But, in times of drought when there is a shortage of food, a country will have to import coarse rice in bulk for consumption by ordinary people.

I have heard the NW of Pakistan produces ordinary rice. So, if Pakistan has excess of this rice, it can be sold to India. There should be dialogue and also trade between the two countries.

The cheapest rice in Pakistan available for export is called Irri 6 with 25% to 30% broken.

The major importers for this rice are UN for poverty hit cuntries in African continent, Companies making starch or locally consumed by the poor people. richies dont even go near to Irri 6.

How much did India's damming of the rivers adversely affected crop growth??? And 2 billion is a lot of money!!! I thought Pakistan was having trouble feeding her hungry large population? Anyways, great for Pakistan!:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Unfortunatly this bumper crop is not for the poor and hungry people of Pakistan, they export most of it and if anything is left its not because they want to feed the local population but because they could not sell it.

GoI has given Pakistan MFN ....unlikely pakistan....its GOI which likely to do all kinda trade with Pak but the same gesture not entertaining by the GOP......

Who asked GoI to give Pakistan MFN....and then cry gesture is not repeated? Indian govt has serious lack of self respect.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom