What's new

Rebellious officers move to end Indian hegemony in Bangladesh

Say that to your Indian traders whom you trade cotton with? They will show you your real worth..

God hope they do, our spinning sector needs much needed help. If our garments sector stops trading with your spinning sector, your spinning sector will collapse over night.

God hope they do, our spinning sector needs much needed help. If our garments sector stops trading with your spinning sector, your spinning sector will collapse over night.

That's fine.. stop it we are ready to let our spinning sector collapse than to deal with idiots..

@ Chinese guy - don't interfere. I know these BDians worship you and think you will be the saviors but a piece of advice stay away..

good job, einstein you just talked to a false flagger troll who goes by the name mai dong tu long lol. Now whos the idiot?

OK, since when have Army officers started deciding the direction of the foreign policy? That too junior/mid level officers and surprisingly, even retired officers? I am not commenting on the nature or correctness or otherwise of the BD foreign policy but simply stating that these officers have no business to decide on the thrust of the foreign policy of BD. No Army allows it. No government tolerates it. There were some who opposed Musharraf's policies, most of them are in jail now. If tomorrow BD develops friendly relations with the US and the US starts investing heavily in BD and supplying it with advanced weapons and warships, you will have another bunch going on a rampage because they may perceive that as Muslims, they should only curse and abuse and oppose the US. Will that be acceptable to you? If that be the case, why not scrap your Parliament and invite the Army to take over and run the nation. But then, there would be some in the Army who would have other ideas and so you end up with a civil war within the BD Army.

This is a very slippery slope that you are walking. The Army has its job cut out. Determining foreign policy is not one of them. Yes, senior generals may express their concern if it affects national security or the morale of the fighting forces but the final call lies with the civilians running the country.

good job, einstein you just talked to a false flagger troll who goes by the name mai dong tu long lol. Now whos the idiot?

Really, Is he a false flagger? how do you know?

and it's you who is an idiot who thinks that if you stop importing cotton threads from India, Spinning mills will collapse. Dude, try it your garment industry will vanish like it never existed..

OK, since when have Army officers started deciding the direction of the foreign policy? That too junior/mid level officers and surprisingly, even retired officers? I am not commenting on the nature or correctness or otherwise of the BD foreign policy but simply stating that these officers have no business to decide on the thrust of the foreign policy of BD. No Army allows it. No government tolerates it. If tomorrow BD develops friendly relations with the US and the US starts investing heavily in BD and supplying it with advanced weapons and warships, you will have another bunch going on a rampage because they may perceive that as Muslims, they should only curse and abuse and oppose the US. Will that be acceptable to you? If that be the case, why not scrap your Parliament and invite the Army to take over and run the nation. But then, there would be some in the Army who would have other ideas and so you end up with a civil war within the BD Army.

This is a very slippery slope that you are walking. The Army has its job cut out. Determining foreign policy is not one of them. Yes, senior generals may express their concern if it affects national security or the morale of the fighting forces but the final call lies with the civilians running the country.

lol so now you indians think you are americans? this coup attempt was tried to get rid of Hasina and her Indian Dalali. We don't have a problem with american dalali.

OK, since when have Army officers started deciding the direction of the foreign policy? That too junior/mid level officers and surprisingly, even retired officers? I am not commenting on the nature or correctness or otherwise of the BD foreign policy but simply stating that these officers have no business to decide on the thrust of the foreign policy of BD. No Army allows it. No government tolerates it. There were some who opposed Musharraf's policies, most of them are in jail now. If tomorrow BD develops friendly relations with the US and the US starts investing heavily in BD and supplying it with advanced weapons and warships, you will have another bunch going on a rampage because they may perceive that as Muslims, they should only curse and abuse and oppose the US. Will that be acceptable to you? If that be the case, why not scrap your Parliament and invite the Army to take over and run the nation. But then, there would be some in the Army who would have other ideas and so you end up with a civil war within the BD Army.

Frankly I have my doubts with regards to this coup attempt, just sounds too amateurish to me. Anyway your right army should keep ayway from politics in any decently run democratic country. However that is far from the truth in the case of Bangladesh, still we need to try and improve our democratic institutes and best way is through good governance, not really available with the two parties that we have now.

I would personally like to see a nationalist government come to power that protect and promotes the national interest first and don't pander to foreign powers.

Frankly I have my doubts with regards to this coup attempt, just sounds too amateurish to me. Anyway your right army should keep ayway from politics in any decently run democratic country. However that is far from the truth in the case of Bangladesh, still we need to try and improve our democratic institutes and best way is through good governance, not really available with the two parties that we have now.

I would personally like to see a nationalist government come to power that protect and promotes the national interest first and don't pander to foreign powers.

[/QUOTE]

lol one moron that goes by the name zia posted his facebook, his rank, his address and everything online....and he is supposed to be the master planner.......this attempt has to be the most fail attack in the history of a coup attack lmao.

Well I think your concerns about a government free from external influence is quite justified, but dont underestimate the power of democracy. What you said both BNP and AL are incapable to do that, I dont think its correct. Look at India how this whole corruption saga has cornered the government, most importantly it was the efforts of the common man. This is the power of democracy.

But looking at the general mindset of Bangladeshis ( especially here at PDF), they are more concerned about RAW and external influences and less about their own capabilities and trust in the system. Military is never supposed to work in governance and public affairs. Its the job of the elected government. History has ample proof that military has never been able to achieve development in a country.

Well I think your concerns about a government free from external influence is quite justified, but dont underestimate the power of democracy. What you said both BNP and AL are incapable to do that, I dont think its correct. Look at India how this whole corruption saga has cornered the government, most importantly it was the efforts of the common man. This is the power of democracy.

But looking at the general mindset of Bangladeshis ( especially here at PDF), they are more concerned about RAW and external influences and less about their own capabilities and trust in the system. Military is never supposed to work in governance and public affairs. Its the job of the elected government. History has ample proof that military has never been able to achieve development in a country.

Julius Caesar? Alexander the great? George Washington? Genghis Khan? Tamarlane? i can go on and on.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom