What's new

Rebellious officers move to end Indian hegemony in Bangladesh

Yes, people deserve a good laugh. So wide reading will help the BD people and people all over this world and even those from other planets.

It will help people understand what is happening in Bangladesh and Indian interference in the country. This could only be a good thing.

So far i remember, Major Zia's e mail talks about saving Hasina from DGFI treason...

Bangladesh is a democracy and a coup is unconstitutional. Major Zia had his own agenda, we want a fair election to be held next term. If it is held fairly; inshallah BNP will come to power.

So far i can remember, Major Zia's e mail talks about saving Hasina from DGFI treason...

Are you sure? I think he said in his email that he was abducted by DGFI and interrogated by RAW officers. He was let go and then they tried to capture him again but he escaped. He wanted to save Bangladesh from the RAW controlled activities of the government and DGFI. This link makes the whole thing clearer -

http://www.bangladesh-web.com/view.php?hidRecord=375628

These officers should be hung, they are traitors. planning a coup is an act of treason.

Very, true Army's role is confined only to protect the Border because they don't know how to run the country. Army ruling the country is perfect recipe for disaster.

The email message posted on Facebook was done so by another person based in the US. Maj. Zia randomly sent the message to...everyone. Yeah, that was retarded.

Maj. Zia originally sent his email to a few friends and family and then it went all over the place from there.

Seriously if you are planning a coup you shouldn't leave an electronic trail especially on email for your friends and family lol. That should be planning a coup 101. Fact is majpr zia's coup attempt was an epic fail with awful planning and very minimal support. BAL government took this opportunity to score some points with the west and to show them that only BAL government can get rid of this rising radical islamists in Bangladesh. Honestly radicalism in Bangladesh is a myth created by indian backed Bangladesh government to stay in power.God forbids if BAL government retains it's power in the upcoming election, Bangladesh will be turned into a police state, government is already persecuting folks who practice their freedom of speech. Our secret police will get more funding.

I don't think in any Army, majors enjoy enough power to organize a coup.

that is true man. Majors dont hold any influence in Bangladesh army despite what the public think about majors in Bangladesh.

That is why Maj. Zia went to Commilla GOC not to plan a coup but to air some grievances against the government. The General did not report the incident to the authorities and the government exaggerated the whole thing and made it look like a coup attempt. There appears to have been no coup plan in place. This is why everyone is now calling it an alleged coup attempt.

I can Understand most of your point except first past the post. That system is used in India and UK as well, so AL is as democratically elected as BNP or parties in India/UK.

You failed to understand the main point, many commonwealth nations use parliamentary first past the post system, however as here a party can win just 37-38% of the vote yet get 3/4 of the seats in parliament. What I am trying to say is this 3/4 of the people did not vote for the AL during the last election, or for their foreign policies etc.

A. 3/4 of the people didn't vote for the AL (as so many indian mistakenly harp on about) because, she was against the Jamat/Islam or because they love india, she got at most just over 1/3 of the vote because people were fedup with the corrupt BNP gov then.

B. The majority of AL voters tend of a older generation (those that remember 71 or who lost relatives then), while BNP attracts the younger generation far more (who have far more negative view of India). This means that in time as the older generation begins to die out, it will become more difficult for the AL to win future elections and support for those parties that dislike India will grow.

You failed to understand the main point, many commonwealth nations use parliamentary first past the post system, however as here a party can win just 37-38% of the vote yet get 3/4 of the seats in parliament. What I am trying to say is this 3/4 of the people did not vote for the AL during the last election, or for their foreign policies etc.

A. 3/4 of the people didn't vote for the AL (as so many indian mistakenly harp on about) because, she was against the Jamat/Islam or because they love india, she got at most just over 1/3 of the vote because people were fedup with the corrupt BNP gov then.

B. The majority of AL voters tend of a older generation (those that remember 71 or who lost relatives then), while BNP attracts the younger generation far more (who have far more negative view of India). This means that in time as the older generation begins to die out, it will become more difficult for the AL to win future elections and support for those parties that dislike India will grow.

Huuun...how ??? I really don't know what the system of Bangladesh is but I was under the impression that you can only have seats in the parliament proportionate to the MPAs elected from different constituencies and anymore would require you entering into a coalition with other parties to move towards that hallowed 3/4th majority.
I apologize if I've misinterpreted what you've written.

Huuun...how ??? I really don't know what the system of Bangladesh is but I was under the impression that you can only have seats in the parliament proportionate to the MPAs elected from different constituencies and anymore would require you entering into a coalition with other parties to move towards that hallowed 3/4th majority.
I apologize if I've misinterpreted what you've written.

There was also a lot of rigging which skewed the results further. In some areas there was a recorded 120% voter turnout.

So it begs the question how will the foreign and defence policy of Bangladesh look like in the future?

The AL has lost focus on nation building, it believes in pety politics and vendetta, BNP on the other hand is rife with infighting...not leaving much options for the democratic process.

We need a new party that focuses on the following:

A. One that has a strong nationalistic point of view both domestically and internationally and which does not depend or favor the interests of a foreign power. Bangladesh first policy only.

B. A party with a strong defence policy, but which takes into view what we can realistically afford. Who in most probability going to be ou biggest threat, Pakistan? No, they don't have the capacity, China? No they just see us as a market and at most a nation that borders India and in a tension can be used to annoy them, the US? No not a chance in hell even if we become the next Afghanistan. So that leaves us with India and Myanmar.
India? Yes and no, we have to consider them as our main threat, however remote, we can't win a long term war with them, but we have to devise a deterrent, we need to spend at least 2% of our GDP on defence and not the silly less then 1% currently, that would still be less then the 2.6% India spends. This should enable us to expand the army/navy/air force numbers and induct new equipment, specially as the economy expand at the rate it is predicted

C. A party focused on industrialisation and building a export orientated economy. Our only resource, is ourselves the manpower (and women power) that we have, open up the economy to the max for FDI from China, Europe, America in fact where ever as long as it benefits Bangladesh. Next privatise the gov run units like Biman, bring in competition, let them sink or swim. Remember labour costs are rising in China and the west is looking to make the goods the world wants elsewhere cheap.

D. Remove the scourge of corruption, make examples key people regardless of who they are, no sympathy or pardoning ANYONE.

E. Focus on the long term policies.

Finally remember a weak nation is trodden on, if you want respect, you have to earn it. By 2050, our economy should be at least 1tr dollars, and if we really want to protect our nation we need to go nuclear. If Pakistan can build a deterant with a 200bln dollar economy, we should be easily be able by then. If India, Pakistan and china can have WMDs why shouldn't we?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom